I had a big scare today...

I finally had my eye doctor appointment this morning. I don't know what I was thinking time wise. I needed to be there at 9am and I left the house at 8:45. I should have left at 8:30. I blame it on being tired. I hate being late! So after spending 10 minutes trying to park I rush to my appt and end up waiting an hour, LOL. After they finally saw me, things moved fast. I didn't even have to wait too long after my eyes were dilated. The good news is my eyes are perfectly fine. She says that they're very healthy (other then the fact I'm incredibly near sighted, LOL). Yay! I was a little worried. Although when I left I told her I was a little sad that I didn't get an eye patch. I totally would have rocked it!

Then when I got home Dao called and wanted to go eat lunch. Since my eyese were dilated I couldn't use my puter so I was in! It's cold out so I was wearing gloves (red leather, you know I look for an excuse to wear them) and everytime I took them off my silver bracelet (which I love and is my favorite piece of jewelry) would come off. Later I was sitting at home and thought, sh*t, I don't remember taking off my bracelet! OMG, did I lose it? So I call Dao and ask her to search her car, she wasn't home yet so she was going to search while I checked my bags, gloves and jacket. She couldn't find it, crap! So I call the thrift store we stopped at and wal mart, not thinking that it's going to be turned in but can't hurt. Dao called where we ate. Nothing! I was so bummed. My bracelet was a birthday gift. I could replace it but it wouldn't be the same. Then later I go to the bathroom and guess what is sitting on my counter? Yup, the bracelet I was mourning, LOL. Apparently I took it off when I got home and forgot I had taken it off. Oops! I called Dao to share the good news.

Mark your calendars, I left the house for a 3rd time today! I told Lina if she called me I would walk but then I thought to myself, she shouldn't be responsible for my walking, I'm responsible for it so I strapped on my tennis shoes and off I went. Have I mentioned it's freaking cold? It's very difficult to dial the phone with gloves on. No one was answering so I put on my headset and listened to my new favorite song, Wind it Up by Gwen Stefani. it's the sampling from the Sound of Music. I used to sing that line when I did mic checks, the poor audio guy, LOL. Lucky for me, Nancy called me to help me finish my walk.

Tomorrow I have a date with Lina. The plan was for me to walk while she did elliptical but Missi reminded me there was an ice storm coming in, I do believe I will be dragging my butt to the gym, who cares if the other people are annoyed I'm talking on the phone, LOL. BTW, Lina bribed me. She said she would give me spoilers on the new JR Ward book. Damn, that girl knows how to work me!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

15 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Chic, I was SO relieved to get your ping when I got on the puter this morning. Eyesight is something you totally don't want messing up on you!
Bummer you didn't get a patch... You should have told her about yourself, and she would have just given you one as a photo-prop LMAO

Red leather huh? I have a black pair for driving in, I got very sick of frozen fingers every morning driving the kid to school. Now Chris has been driving her every day. Figures.

PHEW! So glad you just had a brain hiccup and didn't really lose the bracelet, I have one that I got as a b-day gift too, that I would be major unhappy if anything happened to it.
Glad you went hiking, and that the wild nancine showed up to save the day!
I couldn't do shit today, my legs are so tired & sore, no way. uh uh.
wasn't going to do it, didn't. Maybe tomorrow, I should have called Lina for a quick fix, she'd have known what to do!
Talk to you later chica, have a great Thursday!

Rachael Narins said...

WAL-MART?????

Have I had NO influence on you?

NO MAS WAL MART SENORITA. WAL MART ES MUY EVIL!!!!

...and now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one that does absent-minded and forgetful things. Brian says I'm turning into my mother. But, he only says that when he wants to see my hair stand up and my eyes go all buggy and red. He gets a kick out of it. LOL ;o)
I'm not getting a Get-Out-Of-School-Free card today, so I'm off to get Chuck & Brian up. Stay warm, chick!

BAM (Forgot my darn password!)Sheesh

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you found your bracelet! I have panic attacks when I think I have lost a favorite piece of jewelry. But it's totally about the sentimentality.

For one of our anniversaries, Tim made me a bracelet with purple and green hemp (the colors from our wedding). The beads were bone and have Japanese (we love our sushi!) symbols on them. He put one for each year and an extra one for the future. He probably spent $15 on the materials, but that bracelet is one of my most favorite things in the world. The hemp has stretched a little and I thought I lost it for a while. You wouldn't believe how happy I was when I found it.

Good for you for walking! I need to get back into doing something. I stopped because I was sick, but I'm better now, so no excuses! Except that my son is sick, poor baby. I hate when my kids are sick.

Nes said...

Ok, I did see Aims mentioning something about an appointment you were having yesterday, but I didn't wanna butt in. LOL.

Glad to know there's nothing wrong with your eyes!!

I also have black leather for driving when it's cold. Red sounds sexier though...

Oh! It would really have sucked if you lost your bracelet. Sometimes it doesn't even have to be something expensive or anything, but if it has value to you and you lose it.... *shudders* Good to know it was just right there under your nose!

Hahahaha, Lina is sneaky isn't she? LMFAO!

Leiha said...

She did crack up when I said how sad I was to not have an eye patch, LOL. She didn't get the full force of my personality so I think that comment as I left surprised her, LOL.

It's nice that your hands are warm and snuggly at home while the DH is out freezing.

Sorry we kept missing last night. After my gym appointment with Lina tonight I should be around.

Hey chick, I'm too cheap and poor to be socially aware. I bought a shower scrunchie for 97 cents, can't beat that, LOL.

BAM, I felt so stupid! But Id rather feel stupid and still have my bracele! Oh, that Brian likes to play with fire doesn't he?

Like you said Karen, sentimentality can't be replaced. Your bracelet from Tim sounds wonderful.

As Su told me while she was here, there are no excuses. If I don't walk, it's because I didn't walk. That being said, I think sckness is a wonderful reason to not walk, LOL. I hope that your little boy gets better soon.

You didn't want to but in??? Since when? Puhlease! I didn't want to post about my appt until afterards. No need to worry anyone unnecessarily.

Yeah, they don't call her Evilina for nothing! I'm definitely doing the gym tonight, it's raining and cold!

NancyB said...

Hey Lina,
Others of us have been walking also. I just havent blogged or called you about it...(but I was going to email you for some suggestions on fast songs for my Ipod, walking to "All By Myself" does not induce speed) Doesnt that win me some spoilers?? Leiha can vouch for me. I would love some JR Ward spoilers. As a properly treated Dogden I beleve it is the only correct thing to do :) What if I need that info to properly protect the black thong sisterhood during the day??
Love Nancine

Aimee Elizabeth said...

LMFAO@ Nancine!

A fairy tale like that does deserve some sort of reward LOL!

Rosie said...

Crap, I posted and lost it. So, to start again . . .

I have an eyepatch from one of Vito's costumes. Wanna use it? It would be so you, especially with the red gloves. LOL.

Glad to hear your eye exam went well. Have you been having problems or was this just routine? I go on Saturday and I know that my prescription has changed. I'm struggling to see far away!

I, too, have one of those $0.97 shower scrunchies from Walmart. They are the best!!

Let me know when you need a walking buddy again. I'm glad to call ya and keep you company!

Take care, chica. Smooches!!

Leiha said...

Nancine, if you're up before any of us in Jersey, then you will have proved your worth. I don't see it happening though. Guess you won't be getting any spoilers, LOL.

Rosie, the eye patch is not as cool if I'm just doing it for effect, LOL. Thank you for the offer though.

When I gt my new glasses she wanted me to go see an eye dr, she thought she saw something wrong. Will do on the call! Thanks!

Aimee Elizabeth said...

NOOOOOOOOOOO!
I read faster! LMAO!

Anonymous said...

Glad you found your bracelet and that your eyes are allright, Leiha.

How was your day? We didn't get any ice here, but schools were closed and it was rainy and nasty. Just a good day to stay in and be warm and cozy.
Did you cook your soup?

Leiha said...

Don't worry girls, by then I can tell you spoilers, LOL!

Missi, I had to drive to Karen's but luckily the roads were great. I haven't done the soup yet, haven't been back to the grocery store. But when I do, of course I will blog, LOL. Tomorrow I'll stay in and be cozy (well, after I run my errands, LOL).

Sarah said...

Glad your eyes are ok chick!

Leiha said...

Linda, it was my special bracelet which was why I was so upset. Luckily, all is right with the world now:)

Thanks Sarah!