I want to be bodilicious too!

I don't know why but for some reason I don't have the bod I want. Is it the naps? The food? The lack of exercise? I know, its a stumper! I decided with the new year it's time to refocus. I did really good when I first moved here and then went downhill quickly. As shocking as it seems by reading my posts, I'm ok with the way I eat. Other then the holiday goodies that I have laying around and the eskimo pies in my freezer (100 calories each, I looked) I don't keep junk food in the house and I am very aware of what I eat. I don't believe in dieting because as soon as you stop dieting you gain the weight back and I'm not willing to live a life denying myself. My big problem is portion control, when I like something I want to keep eating, LOL.

The real thing I need to work on is exercising. It's not something I enjoy but it is a necessary evil. The hard part for me is I have the best of intentions in the evenings. I think of all of the things I'm going to do the next day and then I wake up and I'm so not motivated. But motivated or not I'm going to work on trying to get to the gym at least three times a week. I don't really get endorphins from working out (I can't feel them from the natural tiredness I normally feel, LOL) but I'm usually happy I went once I'm done working out so I will use that and the fact if I don't go Nes will nag me to death to motivate me when I don't feel like going. Good luck to everyone else who is fighting the battle of the bulge. Maybe one day I too, will be bodilicious!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

9 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Chic,
We are all bodilicious in our own way! I try to just focus on a feature I like instead of stressing about the features I like less (And there are PLENTY of those LOL!)
I think as long as we are healthy, then we are ok. Not that I have any problem with self improvement, I don't. Goodness knows I could use more exercise than I get lately! I do love it when I get into a good workout schedule though, I do it in the morning, and it energizes my whole day.
Whatever makes us happy, that's what I say!
MWAH!

Leiha said...

Don't worry, you know I don't suffer from poor self confidence, LOL. Like I said, exercising does not energize me but not a lot does!

Jennifer said...

I thought I was the only one...I'm endorphine-less too! Or maybe just endorphinally challenged? I hear some people talk about how "high" they feel after working out and all I feel is "OH SHIATTT! (huff,puff,huff) that's over! (collapse...all dramatic, like Scarlett O'Hara) I know I approach exercise as a chore. I guess I'm still looking for that "thing" I enjoy doing all the time...well, that OTHER thing! Heh.

I'm dedicating 2007 to becoming a better person, inside and out.

Nes said...

LOL@Jen! I don't say I love to excersise, it just helps me maintain this aging body. LOL. But I do get that endorphine high. And it keeps me in shape. I love food too much to diet so I have to do something to balance that. I lose as easily as I gain, but the flabs will always be there. *sigh*

I guess I just have to get over the fact that I'm not in my 20's anymore...... *deep sigh*

And yes, L, I will nag you to death. LOL! It's that "tough" love we were talking about at Jen's blog. :D

Anonymous said...

My biggest problem is that I always find something else to do, like read everyone's blog at 5:30 in the morning rather than work out! I'm seriously into routine. If I can whip through all the stuff I have to do in a reasonable amount of time, then I will exercise. I have a hard time staying up late and have always been a morning person, so I'm going to try and do things before I go to bed! I wish I could nap like Leiha!

Leiha said...

Jennie, it really does make a difference whe you find something you love. When I did kickboxing I never missed a day (at one point class was 5 days a week) but of course for me so much of it was about Joe, my teacher. I tried a kickboxing class here and hated it. So for not it's a chore but hopefully I will find somethign I'm passionate about again.

Nes, you look better then ever, of course, I have poor vision so maybe my eyes are just getting worse!

Karen, it's all abou routine, I hear ya! As for the naps, sometimes they're what get me up in the morning since I am not a morning person. I couldnt get to sleep last night til 2am (I went to bed at midnight) so I woke up tired but I have a nap to look forward to:)

Nes said...

Hahahahahaha! Aren't you witty today! LMFAO!

Rosie said...

I like Aimee's outlook on her bodilicious bod. LOL. And I agree that exercise doesn't do it for me. LMAO. I don't get a "high" off of it at all, but I do realize that exercise is good for me. Boy, it's a catch-22. Good luck getting back on track. I know you do have great willpower and will more than likely succeed in starting a fitness routine again. Now if only I could refrain from getting waylaid by other things . . . Smooches!!!!!

Leiha said...

It's tough foe me and my schedule is nowhere near as complicated as yours Rosie! I went walking today because I didnt make it to the gym and was determined to do something. I was so happy I went and I walked for an hour which was longer then I had planned. Yay!