Dead animals and Mexican food

Dao and I were out and about today. It was long past time for me to get my eyebrows done. Unfortunately, I don't think my eyebrows are even but the good news is, the eyebrow I don't like is covered by my side part. BTW, I cut my bangs yesterday, they were way too long and I didn't want to spend big bucks just for my bangs. I don't have the beautiful fringe like look to my bangs but at least I can manage them better now. I was thinking about going with the short bang but Nes talked me out of it. I am glad that she did, LOL.


Anyway, Dao and I were in the mood for Mexican food today. We saw a hole in the wall type restaurant and decided that sometimes those are the best places for some excellet food. This was a mom and pop run shop and everything was made fresh there which is cool. The food wasn't the best I ever had but I would go back, just because I saw some pictures of food I want to try, LOL. The most interesting thing about this restaurant is the animal heads that they used to decorate. The biggest one was the bull. You know I had to get my picture with it.
There was also 5 deer heads and a buffalo. We thought the owner was a hunter but turns out, he knows someone who does taxidermy, LOL. He wants to add more deer to the decor. Apparently, their home is also overflowing with dead animal heads. Dao dug it, she thought the buffalo head had a beautiful color and would look great in her living room, whereas my tastes runs along the line of different kinds of heads, headshots of me, LOL!



I found this great looking recipe on the web today. This is a great website Hungry Girl, I think I may add it to my links, it has a bunch of low cal versions of favorite recipes. I really want to make this, although I may put some fruit in place of the chocolate, I'm not a big chocolate eater. Basically, the recipe had me at cool whip.
Frozen Chocolate Cheesecake Bites!

(2 Bites: 40 calories, 0g fat, 100mg sodium, 6.5g carbs, 0g fiber, 1g sugars, 2g protein = 1 Point!)

Ingredients:
3/4 cup Cool Whip Free
5 tbsp. fat-free cream cheese; softened
1 tbsp. SPLENDA, Granular
10 tsp. HERSHEY'S Sugar Free Syrup

Directions:
Using a fork, vigorously mix Cool Whip, cream cheese and Splenda until smooth and well blended. Evenly distribute mixture into 10 sections of an ice cube tray. Tap tray firmly on the counter a few times to get mixture to settle flat. Next, top each with a teaspoon of chocolate syrup. Tap tray again to settle. Place tray in freezer until Bites are solid -- at least 2 hours. Once frozen, Cheesecake Bites should pop out easily (if not, run the bottom of the tray under the faucet for a few seconds to loosen them). Makes 10 Bites!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

10 Mannions Speak :

Rosie said...

I was afraid to read your post because of the heading, but by the time I got to reading the description of the heads I was cracking up. Glad to hear the food was good. The hole in the walls really are sometimes the best. By the way, I really have decided I like these glasses on you better. Just different, I guess. That recipe looks great and easy and best of all, low in calories. Thanks, chica! (((HUGS)))

Nes said...

Wow, you cut your bangs yourself! I wouldn’t dare to that to mine. It looks great, L! Speaking of hair, I have to make an appointment for a cut and color…

Like Ro, I was like; WTF? Dead animals and Mexican food? Ick! LOL. Have you and Dao ever thought of making a job out of your hobby? I think food critique would be excellent! But wait, you already have a job that is your hobby! LOL!! I like heads too, but the other kind of heads.. LOL. So, why wasn’t the food up to your expectations?

Thank goodness I’m not a dessert type of gal!! I love my choccies, but only during that certain time of the month. I’m going to check out the link, when I have more time. Right now I’m sneaking all this in from work..

Jennifer said...

LOL, different kinds of heads...My mind was totally in the gutter, sheesh!

When I was little, my mom's friend's husband had a houseful of deer heads. I thought they were so beautiful until he came home with a deer in the back of his truck. I remember a milky stare, and it's tongue lolling out the side of it's mouth. Ewww. I must've got over it soon enough because I also remember petting and naming each one. *shrugs*

After reading the title of your post, I was afraid to look at the pics! I was worried "dead animals and mexican food" are kinda like green eggs and ham and you were gonna tell us to "try them, try them, Sam (Leiha) I am!" *ggg*

Nice bangs chick! I go back and forth on the bangs issue, I grow them out just so I can cut them off. It's a vicious cycle!

Jennifer said...

Forgot to add...LOVE Hungry Girl link. Thanks!

NancyB said...

The dead animal heads make me think of Aimee. Her family room is covered in dead animals, it is really cool. There are moose, deer, a pig with big tusks (i think??), some wild cats and I think even a big bear. I had my picutre take with the moose, but I cant remember where it is :)

Leiha said...

Let me know if you make the recipe before I do Rosie. I didn't write the title intending to scare anyone off, LOL. Guess that's cause I knew what I was blogging about, note to self, try not to scare away potential readers!

Girl, remember, I'm cheap! Not just easy! I will et my hair done before we go on vacation but otherwise I can make do. I enjoyed my fried fish but the salsa, which she made fresh for our table was too salty and I didn't like Dao's fajitas, too much bell pepper. A couple of quibbles which is why I would go back and try other things. There is an area where there's tons of authentic Mexican restaurants but Dao and I are never in that area when we decide to eat it, LOL.

Jennie, it's usually a safe bet to have your mind in the gutter when reading my posts, LOL. I agree about the bangs vicious cycle, I feel the exact same way!

I think the Hungry Girl website has a lot of fun stuff there. I'm glad you liked it.

Nancy, I immediately thought of Aimee's home and I had never been there, LOL. When you find that pic scan it in and I'll put it here for everyone to see. I picked the bull cause it had the biggest head, like me, LOL.

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I'll em you a couple of them Leiha,
As someone else said ( I forget who at the moment) The pics prove Nancy will hug anything...

Glad you had a nice day with Dao, and yes, your brave to cut your own bangs...

NancyB said...

Aimee - I will hug anything because like Leiah... I am cheap and easy!

NancyB said...

oops - I know how to spell her name L-E-I-H-A

Leiha said...

LMAO, Nancy will do more then hug anything!