I can't believe...

I forgot to talk about Thur night dinner! I blame it on exhaustion, LOL. Although I'm pretty caught up on my sleep now *G*. I think the reason I forgot to post about it is because I had no pictures from it. When our food came we dived right in and once we caught our breaths and eaten most of our food was when we realized we didn't take any pics.

We met Dao and another of our favorite Vietnames restaurants, where we go for bun (I've blogged about it before). We all ordered the same thing, grilled pork over rice noodles. Dao and Su sat together which was nice for them, it made it easier for them to tag team me while flipping me sh*t, LOL. Luckily, I know it's because they both LOVE me so much that they felt free to tease me and also, they both are on the receiving end often enough from me, LOL.

After dinner we went next door to the bakery to grab sandwhiches for the next day. You know we're always planning our next meal as we're eating our current meal, LOL. Su was incredibly happy we had those subs when we got home from the bar because her one bite became the whole sammich! She spent every bite raving over it, I should also mention the subs were only $2.

Now onto creamed beef! It's also known as S.O.S. or some people call it chipped beef because it can be made with chipped beef, LOL. My dad turned me onto this, it's a recipe he got while in the Army. Every weekend my dad would send someone down to wake me up to ask me if I wanted breakfast, the answer was always no, unless it was creamed beef. Do not get this confused with biscuits and gravy, that is usually made with sausage. My dad makes it with hamburger meat and onions served over biscuits or white bread. I prefer white bread.

I am not a gravy maker as you all know so I have never attempted to make it then Su told me they sell a white gravy packet! Ding ding ding! I sauteed onions in btter then browned the meat in there while Su made the gravy packet. Normally my dad makes the gravy in the meat so next time I make it I would add the ingredients together sooner so they could cook together but other then that, it turned out fabulously! It may not look pretty but it is a perfect hearty breakfast!


I'm hitting the road tomorrow. Turns out I am driving Karen's porche to Key West. Time for me to work on my tan. Don't worry, I will take pictures!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

12 Mannions Speak :

Joanie said...

Hey there Chickie-babe. I gotta say that creamed beef looks um, not so appetising, but I'll take your word for the taste.

Have fun driving the Porsche, just remember the engine is in the rear and your ass will end up saying howdy to your nose on the way past if you hook it into a corner too fast!

Have a great drive, J xx

Joanie said...

P.S. I forgot to say that was a great boobage shot on your way out the other night and that the Pho we get here has the meat raw and the broth cooks it, kinda! Do they serve it with cooked meat over there?

Anonymous said...

LOL

Breakfast looks good to me. What time should I be there? P.S. I make a mean gravy... why do people say that anyway? Why can't it be a cranky gravy or a perturbed gravy? Anyway... have fun in the Porche. Don't speed.

Aimee Elizabeth said...

wOOt! Enjoy that Porsche chica!

Remember as you are driving.... Tons would love to be where your ass is LOL!

The beef looks great!

Drive safe, how long will you be gone?

Anonymous said...

What fun. Driving a Porsche to Key West. Be careful, but be sure to look hot while driving. I'm sure many males will be looking your way!

Leiha said...

Joanie, it tastes better then it looks, LOL. And don't worry about my ass, I will be driving like a grandma til I get out of the city, then I'll speed up and drive like a soccer mom, LOL.

They put the flank steak in raw to cook, the rest of the meat is already cooked. I think I order mine with 3 cuts of beef, LOL. Thanks for admiring my boobs, that's what they are there for, LOL.

Maybe the gravy is mean because I'm going to devour it? Sara, like I said, my door is always open. Just don't expect breakfast before noon, LOL.

I will totally drive safely, why do you think Karen trusts me? It's the other drivers I worry about, LOL. It's a quick trip, I'll be back on Wed. I'm flying. Maybe when I go to bring her car back I can spend more time there.

Karen, I'm going to shower and put lipstick on! Hair is going in a pony though, I want it out of the way. Well, at least until it gives me a headache, then I'll let my hair down, LOL.

NancyB said...

My dad makes chipped beef, it is the same kind of thing. You buy chipped beef in a jar, make the gravy (of course he makes it from scratch) combine and serve over toast. Super yummy!! I have had Leihas dads version and it is really good also.
Why is it that all the men who were in the armed forces know how to make SOS of one version or another? Leihas dad makes the Army kind and my dad the Navy kind.
I know it will be nervewracking driving the car down to Karen, but be carefull. I am worried you are going to drive like a soccer mom. Those soccer moms are bad asses, just ask Mich! Be safe and have fun :)

Rosie said...

Okay, chica, I want the recipe for the SOS. I love that kind of stuff, as bad as it can possibly be for you to eat. *G* Are you sure you don't have some Italian blood in you? We always are planning the next meal while still eating the current meal. LMAO. I finally got to watch your vids you shared. Oh my flippin' god, that was hysterical, especially Su's gagging. I was LOL and it was good the kiddies were sound asleep. You got me hooked on the bun too last time we went for lunch with my crew at work. Yummo! I'm so totally jealous over your job, chick! Enjoy the ride in the porsche and stay safe!! XOXO

Nes said...

Ok, the creamed beef isn't what I fantasized about. It looks, uhm, icky. LOL! Reminds me of porridge and I don't like porridge, however, I'm not one to turn down a meal because of it's looks. Soooo... I will definitely try it and since YOU like it, I'm sure I will too. Didn't know it was for breakfast though..

Now, about you driving that Porsche. I think it's scandalous to let so many horse power idle by the road like that. Hit the pedal to the metal, sweetie and let that baby run!!!! But be careful. Check in when you get back...Mom is worried. LOL!!!

MWAH!

Sarah said...

Reminds me of Nana mince. My nana used to make it for us as kids, yum! It had peas and carrots in it though and we'd have it on white bread toast with butter. Oh my artery's! Have fun in the Porsche luv and drive carefully!

Anonymous said...

I love S.O.S. from my dad's army days. I miss it and Lina's right, it goes straight to the hips, and my hips don't lie! (Unfortunately...)
There's not too many things I won't put in my mouth...at least once! ;o) (snicker)

Brian & I are going to be somewhere in your neck of the woods this Saturday. We're going to try & find some new and interesting eating spots at Little Five Points. ;o) Hahaha!
Hopefully, we can get by to antagonize you a little and also meet Barb. I'll call before I show up on your doorstep.
Be careful driving and call us if you need us!
Kisses.

BAM

Leiha said...

Well my dad does the army's version cause he was army and your dad does the navy's version because, well, I'll let you figure that out, LOL. I know my navigational skills surpass Mich's, I know I'll make it to the Keys, not TX, LOL.

Rosie, the recipe is totally easy, white gravy pcket, hamburger meat and sauteed onions, voila! The boys will love it! LOL, Su and I are the Italian Asians!

Glad you enjoyed the vid.

Nes, the beef doesn't taste at all like porridge if that helps, LOL. You'll be reading soon enough about my driving adventrues.

I know Sarah, I love this dish but I could feel my arteries clogging even as I ate but it's oh so yummie!

Lina, if it makes you feel any better I took those pics before the salad. I'll be back on Wed night. It's quickie trip.

BAM, no Barb this weekend, I think she's coming in the following one. Guess I should find out for sure, LOL. I'll be recovering again this weekend, LOL. Road trips wear me out.