It's Nancy's fault!

I'm using her as the reason I didn't post last night. I was talking to her til late and then it was bed time for me. Of course, I read for an hour before I went to sleep but it is still Nancy's fault! Or rather, it's Nancine's fault! To give you an idea of the difference, here is the Nancy you all know and love:But that is not always her. It's hard to be the good girl all of the time which is why, when she's bad, Nancine comes out:I think Nancy enjoys beeing Nancine more. Who wouldn't?

The good news is I did make it to the gym yesterday so I fulfilled my 3 times a week workout goal for the first week of January. Considering the week started on Tuesday I'm quite happy. Of course, it took me all day to get motivated to go. I was sooooo tired when I woke up that I decided to go after my nap. Then when I laid down to nap I couldn't so I read for an hour and then tried to nap again but the day was getting later and I felt guilty so instead of napping I went to the gym (don't fall out of your chair! This will not be a regular occurence, LOL). Some more good news, I didn't feel as horrifically awful doing the elliptical, it was only awful! I'm making progress quickly!

Yesterday I was watching a cooking show on PBS and they were barbecuing a prime rib in a salt bath! It looked sooooo good and I LOVE prime rib so the next thing you know I'm googleing recipes for prime rib. Then I came to my senses, I don't need to make a prime rib roast for myself, LOL. Instead I bought some beef, sliced it up and stir fried it with onions, mushrooms and spinach (I threw that in last minute, I used the bag kind since washing fresh spinach is a pain). What I really enjoy is the horseradish so I bought some of that to dip my steak in and I was a happy camper and didn't have to wait hours to eat prime rib. In case you haven't noticed, patience is not my strong suit, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Mannions Speak :

Nes said...

Hey, you! I got worried there for awhile. What with you mentioning you had a headache the other day I thought you were sick!

Thank goodness it was only Nancy's fault. LOL.

Proud of ya, chick! You went to the gym! WTG!! w00t!

Great to see you back, even if you were only gone for a day! :)

MWAH!

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Uh huh sure. Blame Nancine.
It was MY fault last time LOL!

That's great you made it to the gym again, it will pay off in the long run. At least thats what "they" tell you LOL I sure don't believe it sometimes, I'm like you... Bring on the instant gratification *G*

Prime rib is awesome, my dh made one last week using a major time consuming recipe he found online.
I took forever, but it really was about the best I've ever had.

Your dinner sounds good, I love sauteed onions & mushrooms piled on a steak!

Have a good day :)

Anonymous said...

For shame on that Nancine keeping you from blogging last night! LOL

Hope you made it through the weather again today. It didn't get too bad here, once again just some wind and heavy rain. Once it got on to the county next to us it fired up with thunder and lightning, damaging winds and possible tornadoes.

Get ready, it's supposed to drop into the 20's every night for the next week, with high's only near low 50's.
What was that you were saying about global warming again?

Leiha said...

Girl, if I'm sick I'm not going to be sick quietly, I will whine like there is no tomorrow! I don't get sick very often so I will make the most of it!

Hey, I have to let my fans know who is responsible for keeping me away from them, LOL. Your DH made prime rib? I'm so jealous! I love mushrooms and onions on a steak too! They cooked fabulously in my new pan, almost too fast, I wasn't ready, LOL.

Thanks for the warning Missi. Luckily it wasn't raining when I went to the gym, unluckily I'm driving to Karen's on Wed. I hope it's not raining, I'd rather deal with the cold. Did I just say that?

Rosie said...

Oh my god, I love the two personalities of Nancy. Especially evil Nancine. LOL. Even though the prime rib recipe sounds yummy, I'd prolly never make it. I'm the only one who loves beef that much! But your stirfry sounds way yummy and I could do that just for myself and not feel the least bit guilty. I'm all about the bagged spinach too. I call it lazy!

Leiha said...

What, your boys won't scarf down a prime rib? Good thing you have the green vlley ranch to go get your fix! I stir fry a lot, it's easy and quick (am I describig myself, nah, I'm just easy, LOL).