A day of recovery....

My damn body clock wouldn't let me sleep in so I only got 4 hours of sleep! The thing that got me out of bed was the thought of crawling back in. But first we needed food (big surprise). As you know, I have no food at home so we had to go to the grocery store. I decided I was going in my pjs, I know, high class all the way baby! Imagine Su and I, hungover in our pjs (she sleeps in sweats) shuffling around Krogers. We already knew what we were making, creamed beef. So we go to the hamburger section and I put Su in charge of the meat. I expect her to look at a pound of meat. She looks down at the almost 4pounds of ground beef! Su really hates to not have enough food, LOL. I spend the rest of our time shopping laughing every time I look at our meat. Once we get home we cook, using as much meat as I could fit in our pan and I have to say for a first time, our creamed beef turned out pretty good. We did have some meat leftover (shockingly) so we wrapped that up for later. I piddled around answering emails, etc and Su read until I could take it no more and said it was nap time. Su and I, being the old marrieds that we ware crawled into bed to nap together. Just as I was drifting off the phone rang and it was Lina so I answered (she is after all more important then my nap) and it was a blast sharing our adventures with her. Unfortunately I couldn't fall asleep after the excitenment of talking to Lina so no nap for me even though I was exhausted.

Basically we spent the rest of the day piddling around and watching tv. I painted my toes while watching The Golden Globes. We had bought meat and cheese for sammiches but decided to make hamburgers with our leftover meat. The were so yummy! We put some lipton onion soup in with the meat and used pepperjack cheese and horseradish and to be healthy I had some red onion and a pickle. Su was even more healthy and had some tomato on hers, LOL. For dessert we made sandwhiches!

Come 11:30 which is early for me to go to bed we called it a night. It was a wonderfully relaxing day. Once we take a nap today we'll be ready to party tonight! We're going to try to take pictures of some schlong but no promises!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Mannions Speak :

Rosie said...

Oh man, what a bummer. 4 hours of sleep? I'd be a zombie. I swear, I get Mike out the door at 6:30 every morning and jump back into bed for an extra hour. That's how much I love my sleep. LOL. But you totally gave a great visual of the two of you grocery shopping. LMAO!! Sounds like you two were total carnivores with all the meat you consumed yesterday. Love the burger descriptions. I'm just disappointed that dessert wasn't something totally decadent! Smooches!!!

Nes said...

Ok, first off I wanna know what "creamed beef" is. I swear to god, if I didn't have such a dirty mind, that would have been just food for me... LOL!!

Plus, "creamed beef" and "schlong" well... *coughs*

Great to hear that you both had a relaxing day!

Now, no more pics of you gals, till there's some pics of "creamed beef and schlongs!"

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I got 5 hours of sleep last night so I proclaim myself the victor LOL

I had a stressful day deciding just how I was going to handle the latest episode of "Parenting a Teenager" but I have decided just what to do, needless to say the teenager isn't going to be very happy with me here in a few...
I'm actually not real happy about having to be crabby this time...

Sounds like you both had a perfect day, and should be raring to go for the evenings adventures eh?

Pics are definately needed!

Have a lurvly evening dawlings!
MWAH!

Chez said...

Hahaha I've loved the adventures of eating Atlanta. I also need a piccie of what "creamed beef" is too. Loved the bar stories and especially your ..only pee at home hygiene issues.

Gennita said...

Go Asian Sistahs! Good to see you both are partying for me ;-).

Leiha said...

Girl, you know I need my 8 and a nap, it was a tough day, LOL. Thank God Su wanted to stay in too! The grocery shopping trip was slap happy stupid, LOL.

Nes, get your mind out of the gutter! We have some leftovers so I'll take a pic and do a mini-post on creamed beef. As for no more pics of us before schlong, yeah right!

Aimee, it's not easy being the bad guy but it's necessary. You're her parent first. Sorry you're in a position to have to do it but I remember I had someone who worked for me who every now and again would push the boundaries and as soon as I reigned him in he would be good again. Drove me crazy that he would put me in that position because I was such an easy going boss, but it was necessary.

Chez, we still keep laughing over the fact we came home not once but twice to pee.

LOL, we're channeling our inner Jenna!