Day 2 of my road trip...

Dawned nice and sunny which made me quite happy. Since there was no rain I decided to take a couple of pics before I left the hotel (not as early as I wanted but as you all know, I'm not a morning person, LOL).
Tuesday's driving was so much better then Monday. Was it because I was more comfortable behind the wheel of the porche? Now I was driving like an old pro. Quite honestly, my worry was the Porche would be so sensitive that if I gave it a little gas it would zoom off but it was not like that at all. It has power but it's very controlled. Definitely being more comfortable helped but also the weather made things so much better. When the drive started it was 70 degrees and by the time I hit the keys it was over 80 degrees. I was totally cruising and thought I would hit Key West pretty early in the day but once you hit the FL turnpike the speed drops down to 45mph so even though I was a little over a hundred miles away it took me a few hours to get there.

It's a beautiful drive though. Even though it was a slow drive the roads are sea level, the water is literally a few feet from the road and gorgeous. I really went to the Keys with no idea what it was like but I was kicking myself for not staying longer. But I get ahead of myself. I was going to have Karen take a pic of me in her car but she took over custody so fast I didn't have a chance, LOL. We met in a parking lot so I could follow them home and apparently the fact it took me 10 minutes to turn made her nervous I wouldn't be able to follow them out of the lot (and it would have been true, they were turning left with no signal, I would have been there 20 minutes!) so I scooted over and she took the reins. We were both happy with that situation, LOL.

The place Karen is staying is gorgeous. I chose to stay in the upstairs room so I could enjoy the view. This is what I saw outside my window.
I really love palm trees, even after 8 years in California I still love going somewhere and seeing them.

BTW, if I could fit this chair in Karen's Porche I would be taking it home with me next month. I love chaise lounges, it's the perfect chair to read in and nap in!Key West has a laid back New Orleans feel to it. I loved it. I actually spent an hour walking down Duval St. (too bad it was morning so the bars were closed) I couldn't help but think of going there sometime with my girlfriends. I saw a flyer for a bar that had 2 for 1 margaritas and they also had a happy hour where you call a coin toss and if you're correct your drink it free. Lots of drag queen bars too that I would have loved to check out and drink stands! Gotta love those. I almost forgot to mention there is a Coach store in walking distance to Karen's place! I didn't walk in because I didn't want to have a heart attack, LOL. Now that I'm more aware of where everything is in FL I can properly plan for the future and Jenna, we know I can make the drive!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Mannions Speak :

NancyB said...

Wow - The view out your window was beautifull. You'll just have to plan to stay longer when you go to pick up the car. I am glad your back in the land of the internet.

Nes said...

Are you going to pick up the car, L? Nice view and yeah, why didn't you listen to me?!? Heh! You really should have stayed longer....

Nice car too. LOL@Karen taking over so quickly. Her baby is back... and so are you. Welcome home.

BTW, the happy hour sounds good!! LOL!

Leiha said...

Yeah yeah yeah, even Karen was like, I'm surprised you didn't stay longer. Now I know, I will go for at least a few days when I go back to pick up the Porche. I already have several offers for people willing to drive with me, imagine that, LOL.

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Drive with you?!
I'll drive FOR you! MWAH!

Glad you made it home safe, and yeah, the view was gorgeous!
Take a few days next time!

Anonymous said...

Hehe, I tole you you wouldn't want to come back.

Glad you made it down and back safely.

Leiha said...

I'm definitely taking some tme to enjoy it next time around. LOL, if you drove we could have made the trip in a day!

You were right Missi, it sucked having to put my jacket back on.