The calm before the storm...

Tonight my neighbor popped in and I offered to fix her a drink, she asked me if I was having one, the answer would be a negatory, I m saving my poor liver until Su's arrival. Also in preparation I stocked up on alcohol and toilet paper today, am I great hostess or what?

Of course, in order to get the tp I had to go to Target, LOL. Well you know I love me some pjs but I never pay full price for them. I guess Target had a huge surplus of pjs left over from the holidays. Normally I wear tanks with pj bottoms, I really don't have tops to go with my bottoms. Well they had heavy duty pjs for $6.50, I bought 4 pair! Before you think I'm a total glutton one of those were for Nancy, then again, I did buy another set I found somewhere else in the store but I paid a whopping $10 for that set. I really had to debate over that. I look at my purchases like this, they're work clothes, LOL.

I also bought a new dish rack, I know, not that exciting but it's one that is small enough to sit in my sink and it was on clearance (and has red in it!). I have been meaning to get a new one because my wooden one took up too much space on my counter and I dno't have much counter room. Now I'm down to one sink which hopefully means I will do dishes more often since I can't pile it in both sinks, or it means I will be piling it on my extra counter space *G*.

Before you ask, no I'm not done cleaning. Su isn't coming in until the afternoon, I still have time, LOL. I told Nancy if I spent an hour cleaning my house would be spick and span, too bad I usually only commit 10 minutes to it before I stop. My place isn't too bad but I still need to do the bathroom and vacuum, both really fun things:) Oh well, the day may start of cleaning but it will end a totally different way!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Mannions Speak :

Rosie said...

Hey, with tp and alcohol, what more could a girl want. You are the hostess with the mostest. :-) I love Target's pj's. And what a great price. I don't blame you for buying so many.

You should see me try to clean house. I start dusting and next thing you know, I'm watching tv or laying on the bed taking a break. Then I'll vacuum a room or two and take another break. It always takes me more time that necessary to clean. Same with laundry. I can't tell you how many times I've had to re-do a load because I left it in the washer and forgot about it. I really need help!

Nes said...

LOL@Ro, wrt laundry, yeah, I do that.

Hey, L! Enjoy your time with Su chick!!! I can't wait to see you guys on cam. Even for just a little while.

Now get your work done! No PC time! Switch the damn thing off until you've finished. No napping either! Comprende? LOL

Leiha said...

I really do like to go all out for my guests. I may not have food (currently there is a red onion, 1 tomato, 3 grapefruits and 2 tangerines in my fridge, well I also have chocolate and alcohol in there too, LOL) but gosh darn it, I have toilet paper! Only the best for my guests!

I did all of my laundry yesterday but didn't get my last load until this morning, I was too lazy to go grab them, thank goodness no one stole my asian t shirt!

Chirp chirp chirp! Alright missy, I finished the bathroom AND vacuuming. Now all I have to do is clean myself (well at least my body, LOL) and take out the garbage. Yes, I could have done that before I sat down but then I would be me now would I, LOL.

I still have time for a nap! Of course it's only 10am but it is Sat morning, hmmmm, something to think about!

Anonymous said...

You're supposed to clean the house? I missed that memo LOL

Chez said...

Sounds like you're all covered with the quality items. What more does a girl need ... oh that's right you do have two mikes now too. You're set. Have a great time

Leiha said...

Sara, I try to have a somewhat presentable place when my guests arrive. It doesn't stay that way but at least their first impression will be good, LOL.

Chez, my neighbors are not going to be happy by the end of the week but oh well, I did invite a couple of them to join us, of course the ones I did live at the opposite end of the building so they're safe from the caterwauling for the most part!