I went skiing today...

I drove up to Karen's to water her plants while she is away. Of course, I pick the day that icy rain is expected but I decided if there was icy rain I wasn't going. There was no icy rain so off I went. I left around noon so it would be a little warmer and by little I mean the high today was 40 degrees, LOL. Needless to say I had the scarf and gloves on and as I'm driving I start to unlayer. So I'm driving along, listening to Twelve Sharp by Janet Evanovich (my first Stephanie Plum book, entertaining but don't feel the need to read the rest) when I notice white stuff on the ground. At first I think it's a form of frost, after all, the trees are all frosty but then the white stuff seemed to be in clusters.

I couldn't believe it but there was snow on the ground and the closer I got to Karen's the more there seemed to be. Luckily, the roads were in great condition or else I would have turned around, LOL. Karen lives up a hill and if that wasn't plowed I was going to turn back around (notice a theme?). Luckily I had no problems getting to her house but her driveway was not plowed and it goes downhill. I was not driving the Hyundai down that since I have problems getting out of her driveway with no snow (I have to back up in her driveway and turn around, it takes me a few minutes, LOL) I left my car on the street. Now I had to get down to her house. I don't have winter shoes. It was pretty amazing that I wasn't wearing flip flops, my shoe of choice. But my shoes were not meant to be in the snow. Each step I took felt like I was going to fall so then I decided to just ski my way down, much more fun and it was faster too. I saw some kids making a snowman, they must have been totally stoked with the snow. I, on the other hand was happy to get home where there was no white stuff littering my roads, LOL.

BTW, Lina did a whole bait and switch on me tonight. I go to the gym, even get there a few minutes early and hop on the elliptical when I get a text from Lina asking if I'm there. Not only am I there but I have my ear piece in my ear waiting for her call. She then calls me and lets me know she can't workout with me she had to teach a 9pm class (that girl's schedule is grueling) but she made me promise to do 45 minutes, which I did. The first 20 minutes I did no problem, I was waiting for Lina, watching the Office and not doing too bad. Once I didn't have my call to look forward to the time went soooooooo slowly. But I promised her 45 minutes and that's what I did. I let her know she still owes me spoilers, LOL. Yup, that girl still gets to use the spoilers to lure me to the gym, is she good or what?
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

12 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

LMFAO @ turning around & going home *snort*

I wish I could say that and have it work LOL! I guess you do have the excuse that you're not used to having snow in the first place.... Heh!
Then again, if I got away with saying that, I wouldn't get to go anywhere this time of year... Nevermind, it's not so bad when you've done it a bunch. And have a BIG car...

I can't believe you picked up snow with your red leather gloves!!!!

I'm the same girl, don't feel bad, I do great the first 1/2 to 2/3 of my workout, and then I just want it to be OVER! I worked out today, and the first 15-20 squats hurt like a mother &^$^&(*_) and then, BAM, the pain went away till I hit about 65, then it came back with a vengeance. BUT I did get 5 more than I did the last time, and I feel like I'll be ok tomorrow, I hope.

Was good to finally get to talk for a few tonight, have an excellent friday!

Chez said...

Scary snow driving. You are becoming quite the thrill driver now Miss Leiha. I love how you kept giving yourself the out of turning around. We have the opposite end of the spectrum in that it is so flaming hot here you could boil eggs on the footpath. I was staring longingly at your little snowball there. (Yes, I noticed the gloves).

Aimee I'm stunned at the number of those squat things you did honey.

Nes said...

Wow! I wished we had snow here!

Yeah, I'm no hero either when driving in snow....

Oh and L! I love the red gloves! It's so sexy!

You watch TV while working out in the gym?! Are you sore? *EG*

Have a great day today, hon. I hope I get to chat with you today. Even for a little while. 2 days of no chatting! I'm starting to miss you...

HUGS!

Leiha said...

I've driven in real snow and it ain't pretty! Granny doesn't like it, LOL. If it snows in Atlanta I'm not leaving the apt, well, until I need food, LOL.

A little snow is not going to hurt my gloves. Now salt, I ruined a pair once spreading salt on a parking lot (I was in the Army, that was a bummer).

Girl, I can't believe how many squats you do! Bet you can bounce a quarter off of that ass!

Sorry I got off so quickly last night, Halia called and I never talk to her.

Chez, I'm sorry it's so hot! You must be a total pill right now, LOL. I know how you hate the heat. Stay cool chick!

I bought the red gloves at the gap on sale. I'm sad I didn't also buy the teal ones. Dao talked me out of it, dang it!

Normally I don't watch tv while at the gym since the tv directly in front of my machine doesn't work but one of my favorite shows was on but I was committed to going to the gym. At least it was empty there so I could turn the volume on.

Yeah, it's been awhile since we chatted. We'll have to catch up soon!

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I wish there was quarters bouncing off this ass!!! Can you say
f-l-a-b-b-y? I am so freaking out of shape! I"m strong still, but WHOA there is a lot more ehm... "padding" than there used to be!

Nes said...

Trade? :D

Rosie said...

Okay, girl, I have always had that same attitude. LOL. I would have kept going as long as I could and turned around if it got bad. Oh, and I love the red gloves!! Too bad about Lina not being able to chat, but at least you got a good workout. But she better give you spoilers after all that. LMAO!!! Happy Friday, chica! XOXOXO

Bo said...

Those red leather gloves are great!
Yes,it's me,I have been MIA from your blog for a while,LOL.I did see that you got to drive the Moning Porsche,you lucky sh*t! *G*

Very clever of Evil-Lina,to offer Ward spoilers for pain & sweat,EG.
I would have a hard time refusing that myself,LOL.

You may send that snow towards Utah,if you like-it is getting a little warmer here,which does not make me happy.I think if I had my way my year would consist of Oct. thru March here,LOL.

Leiha said...

LOL, well I know all about padding and look at it this way, you could have Nes' ass, EG!

I definitely know my driving limitations! I don't care if I drove for 2 hours I would still turn around, my hyundai and I are not snow bunnies, LOL!

BO!!!!!!! Where the heck have you been? Ive missed you! I hope that everything is well. I'll try to get a better picture of me in the porche for you next time.

Yeah, evilina knows how to work it! You can have all of the snow you want Bo! Keep it away from me!

Joanie said...

Those red gloves are fabulous!
I am totally freaked by the thought of driving in the snow, I have no idea how it affects driving.
Skiing down the drive sounds like fun, it also sounds like more skiing than I've done here at a ski resort!

Glad your drive was safe.

J xx

Sarah said...

And here I am sitting in shorts! The closest we get to snow here is up on the ranges. We sometimes get a little sleet, and it gets damm cold but no snow.

I have yet to feel the urge to exercise this year. But, I do need to! I think once I get back to work I might feel more like it. I am firmly in sloth mode at the moment!

Leiha said...

Joanie, I totally thought of you while I was doing my version of skiiing. I hope that you're feeling better. I've driven in the snow and it's not fun. I avoid it if at all possible.

LMAO Sarah, why do you think Lina has to lure me out? I'm always in sloth mode! Enjoy your holidays chick!