Checking in from Savannah...

I thought about not bringing my computer this weekend but that was just crazy talk on my part, as if! I love the days of wireless everywhere! I just open up my computer and I'm connected. We're waiting on our 11am reservation at Lady and Sons which is Paula Dean's restaurant. The lines were crazy yesterday so Barb and Bernadette got up to go make an early reservation for us today (I was just barely moving at that time, LOL).

I think Savannah is a mellower version of New Orleans and I think we need to plan a trip here in a year or two (scheduling permits, LOL). Everything is in walking distance. Yes, I walked Nes, LOL. I'm really enjoying the friendliness of everyone and the feel of the city. I told Barb I could live here but she pointed out how difficult the commute would be to Karen's, LOL. I think one of the big differences from NOLA is you can walk around here and feel pretty safe. Of course, we weren't walking in the voodoo part of the city, LOL. There is a lot less foot traffic here too. Although you are allowed to walk around with alcoholic beverages which is nice.

I'll be back later to talk more about our adventures, I left my camera cable at home. I just wanted to say hi and let you all know we're having a great time. Barb is flying out tonight so this will be our last big meal together, we'll have to do it up right! I'll make Ghlutton proud and Phlexie, not so much, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Leiha go somewhere without her trusty 'puter?! Perish the thought!

I have always thought Savannah sounded like a fun place to visit, I would definately be interested in a future BTS gathering there! I did not know that it bore a resemblance to NOLA.
I have always wanted to go there too, so many of my most favorite books are centered in or around the French Quarter.

Give Barb a huge hug for me, and enjoy to the fullest (*snicker*) your last day together!
Mwah!

sparkle said...

Want to see food pics! Was actually watching Paula Deen when I got your text!!! Ummm butter and salt! My favorites!!! I would love to see Savannah! And definitely need to get back to NO!

Sounds like you had a great time with Barb! You are probably ready to nap for a week!

Rosie said...

Wow, Savannah has a voodoo area? I never knew that. I can't wait to see pics, chica!! Yep, you you plan a girls trip to Savannah, I'll definitely find a way to get there. That's one of the top spots on my "to go" places.

And, I'm totally jealous that you're going to Paula's restaurant. She's my goddess of the Food Network (along with Rachel Ray). I hope you take pics there too. Hmph, what am I saying, of course you'll take pictures. LMAO!!!

Have fun and give Barb a HUGH hugh from me!!!

Smooches!!!

Melissa said...

Hey Leiha, looks like you and Barb have been having a great visit.

Pretty sad, though, I've lived here my whole life and never have been to Savannah yet.

Happy eating!

Nes said...

Savannah sounds great. The whole Atlanta sounds great! I can't wait to spend a couple of hours there. LOL!!!

Did Barb get off alright? She must be flying now or home already.

Now is recuperation chick..... you need it. AND the gym!!!

LMFAO!

MWAH!

Leiha said...

Well, I tried, LOL but my puter is glued to my fingers!

It has a similar feel to NOLA, very cool. I would love a return visit there too!

Linda will definitely be posting some food pics for you! We definitely need to plan a southern trip but guess we should do our next one first, LOL.

I am exhausted! It'll take everything I have to blog tonight, LOL.

Rosie, there's voodoo and ghosts, etc. You would love it! I don't like RR but I do enjoy PD and her food!

Missi, you have to go to S, it's so cool there! Course you're going on a carribean cruise which is not too shabby, LOL.

Yes mother, recuperation then the gym! Barb has a few more hours in the air but she has a KMM book to read to keep her company, LOL.