My Superbowl Sunday

Yesterday was a day of recovery. Poor Barb had to get up at 6am (after going to bed at 4:30am) to go meet her co-worker at the airport. Once I found out the time of their meeting being the wonderful hostess I am, I let her go on her own, LOL. She had her GPS and was good to go. I woke up at 10ish feeling like caca doo doo. I stayed up for a couple of hours and slept for another hour and felt a tad more human then earlier.

Once Barb woke up I crawled into the living room where I proceeded to do my internet thang, including my blog while Barb went over work stuff. I finally got into the shower about 4ish. I desperately needed a nap but we also needed food. By the time we were ready to leave to go to the Westin it was 6 which is not too late for a nap for me but Barb needed to get to bed early so I ignored my throbbing head and sucked it up to eat. We picked up Barb's co-worker and decided to go eat seafood. We didn't really know where to go in the area so we flipped through the book in the room and picked Ray's on the River. We also decided to talk to the concierge. They weren't sure if Ray's were open so they checked and they were closed for remodeling so we were happy that they called. They gave us a list of what was in the area and recommended a couple of other restaurants. The first one we went to was also closed! We guessed it was because of Superbowl Sunday because they should normally be open. So the third choice was Goldfish and it was wonderful. Yes, the restaurant was empty, which was perfect for us, LOL.

Usually when you order seafood the portions are small and we were starving so we ordered appetizers. The hummus was very good and they served it with a queso dip which I loved. You can't go wrong with cheese, LOL. My battery was dying so I only had a chance for one pic each. We also had mini-crab cakes and coconut shrimp, both were divine! The crab cake was loaded with crab meat and the coconut shrimp had a wonderful sauce that didn't overwhelm the taste of the shrimp.If we had known how big the portions were we wouldn't have ordered the apps. Barb barely made a dent into her food but now worries, I did justice to mine, LOL. I have the cajun sampler platter which was a crab cake, grilled shrimp and blackened catfish with mashed potatoes and spinach.Barb had the charleston shrimp and grits served with andouille sausage, spinach and tomatoes in a creme sauce. I am not fan of grits but these were the best grits that I have ever had. The problem is we didn't eat all day, I need to go into training so I can eat my food and Barb's, LOL.

After we got back to the room I went downstairs to get online (heaven forbid I am offline for too long, LOL) and Barb went to bed. She was still awake when I got back so we watched some tv and went to sleep. The Westin is known for their heavenly bed. I was very excited to sleep on it. I have to say, I expected more. My bed is softer. Theirs is a little more firm. I have slept in a lot of hotel rooms, some of them high end (The Ritz, The Wynn, The Venetian) and I have to say, the best bed I've ever slept in was at the Palms. It was like sleeping on a cloud. Loved that bed!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

4 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

All that food looks yummy!
I hope you girls put a big dent in it... LOL!

I haven't slept in a whole lot of hotels, but the ones I have made me wish I had just slept on the floor, it would probably have been softer!

You girls sound like you're working too much for a vaca!
Was this an actual business trip for Barb? And why are you staying in a hotel?
mwah!

Leiha said...

Well, I put a decent dent but the others let me down, LOL.

It was a little anti-climatic to stay on a heavenly bed, I must say. It wasn't uncomrfotable but it wasn't as soft as i expeceted.

Barb is here for work so we're having to rein it in a little, she doesn't want her co-workers to know what all we do, LOL. I stayed with her at the hotel to check out the bed but since she has to be up early and I stay awake late I'm in my bed tonight.

Nes said...

Hey L, I'd had thought you would have been watching Superbowl. LOL.

Food looks good. Too bad about the bed. I'm trying to think which hotel we've stayed in has the best bed, so far I really can't name one. But the most romantic one was in Egypt. It was a column bed with sheer curtains and trés romantique! They had rose petals scattered all over the bed whenever we got back. The mattress was ok, but then again, your own bed is always the best.

Hope you have a great day today and that you and Barb have fun in whatever you do at night.

MWAH

Leiha said...

For me the superbowl is a social thing, last year I was in WA and the seahawks were in the game so I went to a big party and had a great time until our team lost but since Barb was here we didn't even turn the tv on, LOL.

That bed sounds beautiful Nes. I'm sure you and JK did it justice!