There has to be a morning after....

Sorry for the delay in my post. Last night I opened a bottle of champagne, sat down with a glass and proceeded to chat with Linda. Next thing I know there's a party going on and I'm chatting with Linda, Lina, Aimee, Nes and Joanie (while I'm talking to Barb and Nancy on the phone, they had to rub in the fabulous dinner they had, LOL). I am very much a social drinker. It took me three nights to finish my previous bottle of champagne (I re-cork by trimming the cork down with a knife and voila, keeps it from going flat!) and I had no intention of drinking more then a couple of glasses but you know how intentions are, LOL.

It was a great spontaneous chat with the girls, lots of laughter, lots of bubbly and unfortunately for me, lots of food, LOL. After I finished my champagne I went in search of food, first I ate a leftover spring roll but that didn't satisy, next heated up some leftover potatos, as delish as they were that didn't satisfy so I then ate the Vietnamese sub I had in my fridge! I guess I should have eaten a bigger dinner, LOL. I'm happy I ate though because I don't feel too bad this morning. My tongue is a little raw but I think it's from the sandwhich bread. That being said I will be going back to bed for a few after my blog rounds to sleep off the tiny bit of hangover I do have. When I drink I wake up early which makes it difficult to sleep past the hangover but the good thing about drinking is I don't have to wake up in the middle of the night to go pee (since I'm dehydrated of course, that's what causes the hangover, LOL).

Yesterday was a busy day for me. I woke up and met up with a friend who needed to go to the airport. I said I would pick him up at 9:30am, so we could do breakfast, what was I thinking? The worst part was the breakfast joint we were going to was closed due to a water main break and we couldn't find a new place so we ended up eating at the Waffle House, LOL. I should have stayed in bed! Actually breakfast wasn't bad, then I dropped him off at the airport and took a half hour nap then went to meet Dao for lunch. She was judging a beauty contest for Tet (Vietnamese New Year). Turns out it was an all day thing so I only stayed to eat some spring rolls and chat with her until she got called to duty. I didn't want to hang out, it was too loud and I didn't understand anything they were saying, LOL.

When I came home I meant to clean but instead fired up the karaoke, working on my instrument in prep for when I see Nes. It's a tad rusty. Back to singing everyday, my lucky neighbors! Finally I knew it was time, I put down the mic and picked up the vacuum. I worked up a sweat vacuuming the place. Obviousely that means vacuuming is bad for me. If you need more proof, I looked down and there was a gash on my hand with blood on it I have no idea how it happened and it didn't hurt but yet another reminder that I shouldn't be vacuuming but my place certainly looked much prettier once I was done. I also cleaned the kitchen, who am I?

OK, got to go check the girls blogs then I'm going to take a nap! It's going to be in the mid 50s today, I'm excited. I'm going to grab my basket later and walk to Target. How my life has changed when I'm happy about it being in the 50s, LOL!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

7 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

The chat was fabulous, what are the odds of that many of us all being on at the same time?!

I was starving too, and I wasn't even drinking! I didn't have a sub to go eat tho dang it!

I have always maintained that cleaning your own house is unhealthy, and unsafe. Thanks for the proof LOL!

sparkle said...

Leiha, you crack me up! The vacuum is your friend! It was fun to have so many on last night, I know you meant to say me and Lina, not me twice! LOL Who knows what today will bring!

Glad you planned a least a couple of naps!!!

Leiha said...

Yeah, that was wild, maybe because it was the Chinese new year, LOL.

Yup, cleaning is definitely not healthy and unsafe, LOL!

The vacuum is definitely not my friend, I have the scab to prove it! Oops on the spelling error, will fix that now, LOL.

I did take a mini nap earlier, it definitely helped!

I want to run some errands today but not til after General Hospital, LOL. It's getting soooo good!

Nes said...

I really enjoyed the chat! It was awesome to talk to everyone at the same time again and with the cams on. However, I'm knackered after going to bed at 6am. LOL.

L, you need to work on your drinking. 2 glasses and a hangover already? Shiat. Drink up chickie, I'm gonna make you puke in Vegas. LMFAO.

BTW, I love your new header! It's great!!!!

MWAH!

Rosie said...

Wow, what a day you had. I'm actually impressed that you were up and out of the house for so long. LOL.

Dang, I wish I'd have been online to chat with you guys too. My cam is giving me grief, so we're going to uninstall everything and start over. Don't know what the prob is.

Your adventures with the vacuum are scary. You shouldn't try that again anytime soon. Just think, I have to lug mine up and down the damned steps every time I have to clean. I swear, my next house will be one level!!

sparkle said...

Leiha I can't wait for GH either!!! LOL Also seeing if I actually put the pic up!!! Thanks to your instructions!

Leiha said...

Girl, what are you talking about? I drank a bottle, not 2 glasses! The plan was to drinnk two glasses, I don't normally drink bottles like some Dutch people I know, LOL. No puking in my future chick but I see it in yours!

Glad you liked the new look. New year, new look! I just added a footer tonight because you know I love pics of me!

Rosie, I amaze myself sometimes! I'm sorry we didn't see you last night. Yeah, I am not into stairs, one level homes work perfectly for me, unless I have a maid, LOL.

Linda, you've come a long way baby! It's nice to see your face around here!