The Lady and Sons

You can't plan a trip to Savannah without planning a trip to The Lady and Sons which is the restuarant run by Paula Deen, when she is not busy traveling, working on her cooking show or being a grandmother. Unfortunately, everyone else visiting Savannah feels the same way. We went there on Sat to inquire about lunch and the line was huge. We asked about making reservations for the next day but they dont take reservations til the day of. You have to show up at 9:30am to get a reservation for when they open. Luckily Barb and Bernadette were willing to get up, me, not so much, LOL. We had a reservation for when they opened at 11am along with everyone else in line. Although we were 15th on the list they seat according to their needs and I think the fact that we had an odd number hindered us because they called about 30 people before us but finally our name was called and we were allowed into the promised land, LOL. Thank goodness it was a brunch buffet so we were able to get our food right away, well, we had to wait in line for that but it moved. The fried chicken was phenomenal, as if there was any doubt. Let me tell you what else is piled on the plate, macaroni and cheese (you can see the strings of cheese with the mac) and mashed potatoes that tasted like butter, yum! Also wonderful were the lima beans, the creamed corn (so sweeet I thought sugar was added but Barb says the corn was just that sweet), the collard greens, the black eyed peas (I ate some of Barb's). I don't like meatloaf normally but hers was pretty good, that would be the gooey stuff on the right under the cream sauce, LOL. The pork was the only thing I had that didn't wow me.

They also walked around putting fresh parmesan garlic biscuits on your plate and oat cakes. I only had a nibble of the biscuit cause I had no room and skipped the oat cake. The biscuit was wonderfully cheesy. Barb says you could taste the butter on the oat cake, are you surprised? You know I ate myself silly. This was southern cooking at it's most artery clogging best! Waiting to get in is a pain but they have three floors and are used to dealing with the volume. Oh, I almost forgot to mention, one of the waitresses sang a song for everyone. It was a gospel song and she was this tiny white girl, very pleasing but I kept eating while everyone else clapped, I didn't want my food to get cold, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

11 Mannions Speak :

Leiha said...

LOL Lina, I think it's best if you skip this post alltogether! But feel free to run for me if you would like *G*!

NancyB said...

Of all your adventures in GA I think I am most envious of this one. Barb told me she ate so much butter she is moisturized from the outside in, she figures she wont need moisturizer for at least a week. lol
The next time I visit we will have to make time for this :)

Leiha said...

I did mention Savannah to you when you were coming to visit but you were not that interested in it, remember? I told Linda that I ate butter with a side of salt, LOL.

sparkle said...

Yummy! That looked and sounded like it was worth it! I rarely eat fried food, but when I do, I want it to be fabulous Can't wait to come and visit Savannah and eat, drink and be very merry with you!!

Leiha said...

Linda, if I am anywhere with you I'm very merry! If I have fried chicken in my hand though I would be even merrier, LOL.

Bo said...

That plate looks heavenly! Well,except for the lima beans & collard greens,LOL.I am not a fan of traditional Southern veggies;being forced to eat them at my Grandma's in South Carolina as a child might have something to do with that. *G*

But the chicken,potatoes,and mac & cheese look scrumptious!!! You always seem to find the best places to eat.At least the food was worth the long wait.Nothing worse than waiting a long time for expensive food that tastes awful.

Are you sure you're the Pohrnstar and not the Ghlutton of the BTS? *G* Love ya!

Bo

Aimee Elizabeth said...

LMAO@ Lina!

I'm not a huge fan of fried food, but I do have phases where that is all I want!

I'm going to go raid the fridge now....

Nes said...

Oh yeah, definitely my kinda food! I love me, my fried chicken! LOL! Poor Lina is having a seizure.

You know me, chickie and my love for mash, fried and gravy! YUMMY!!!

However, only looking at the food, made me gain weight already. I have the urge to go to the gym. LOL!

Leiha said...

LMAO, Bo you have been reading this blog long enough to know Ghlutton fits me perfectly, lol.

I do love fried chicken but it has to be off of the menu for me for awhile. They did have baked chicken there but what's the fun in that?

yeah, this was not a lina friendly post and of course, she's the first poster, LOL. You know how much I love mashed potatoes and gravy but these potatoes were so yummy and buttery there was no need for gravy. I didn't even think of it until you mentioned it!

Rosie said...

Okay, as bad as I know that food had to be for both of you, it looked so DAMNED GOOD!!! Now I've got to check out my Paula Deen cookbook and see of those biscuits are in there. Cuz if they are, I'm making them this weekend with another meatloaf! Glad you had a good experience there, except for the long wait. Smooches!!!

Leiha said...

Rosie, let us know if you make them. They were deliciousely cheesy!