Restaurant hopping...

Barb and I love to go to different restaurants and have a drink and an app and then move on to the next. When traveling this is the best way to get in several good restaurants in a little amount of time. Sat night Barb's co-worker joined us and off we went. First we went to the Olde Pink House. Several people raved about this place and everyone said we HAD to have the she crab soup. I guess everyone knows about this place because the wait for tables in the bar was 2 hours! Luckily we were able to find seats on the couch just when we were getting ready to leave. We sat next to a couple of friends from the twin cities area and we talked travel with them and books. I wrote down Karen's name for them, LOL. It took a long time for our soup to get to us, the dish isn't beatiful but the soup was very wonderful. My favorite of the night. Next up, we said goodbye to our friends and headed to Vic's on the River. We had stopped here on our way to the Pink House but they were busy so we told them we would come back. We absolutely loved everything about this place. The manager tried to help us get seated as quick as possible. The hostess was sweet and we chatted with her while we waited. The drinks were wonderful. I had a flirtini and it was perfect and Barb enjoyed her lemon drop.Both bars had piano players and Vic's had the superior one, we really enjoyed her and kept tipping her. To top off a wonderful experience, the scallops were perfection. It was served with a goat cheese grit cake and wilted arugula. The scallops were so big they were like steaks! As sad as it was to leave it was time to move on. We were looking for the Shrimp Factory but went in the wrong direction so we stopped at the Conch House. We weren't impressed with the menu so we ordered drinks.

And played with the camera, LOL. We decided to get our drinks in to go cups and off we were to the Shrimp Factory. Unfortunately we were the last ones there but they didn't rush us out. We sat at the bar and enjoyed shrimp with deviled crab, enjoyable but not as good as our earlier stuff. The manager was eating at the bar also and Barb wanted to try a hush puppy. Since they didn't have any in the back he gave Barb one from his plate! Our bartender was a nice Irish boy an the staff had fun with us chatting them up. We also found time to take a few more pics.

Sorry, forgot to take some of the food. I don't know how that happened (see drinks in hand).

We were wandering around and stopped in Jazz'ed which everyone said had the best martinis but it was too loud and crowded for us so then we went to Club One where Lady Chablis from the Midnight Garden of Good and Evil used to perform and still does when she's not touring. We got there just in time to see the 12:30am show. You know I love the drag queens and you would think they would have some fantastic ones here, that was not the case. The girls all had bellys, except the one who had so much muscle she put weight lifters to shame (although she was lean, it was not feminine). All they did was lip sync to songs, they didn't interact with the audience except to take dollar bills that people gave them. Plus, I really miss the smoke free environment of Cali so after an hour I was ready to go. I crawled into bed, fat, sassy and happy!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

11 Mannions Speak :

Joanie said...

hey, it sounds like you both had a great night. Savannah is definitely a place on my must visit list.

May I ask what "Hush Puppies" are?
I have only heard of the shoes!
And I don't quite think that's what you meant.

Those scallops looked unbelievable! Totally my kinda food. Yum!

Take care and keep having fun,
J xx

Nes said...

Savannah... yup in my to visit list as well.

Chickie, after all the rich food and the fun nights out, I'd be totally knackered. Barb really is a party animal, huh? Gotta love her and you of course. MWAH!

Leiha said...

Joanie, hush puppies are basically deep fried balls of corn meal. Not really my thing because I don't like corn bread but Nancy loves them. Those scallops were awesome! I swear, huge! And cooked perfectly!

Lina, we would have fun there! Of course I got the flirtini in your honor! It was my favorite drink of the night! This one was made with chambord.

Girl, I was so exhausted last night! Barb is so much fun and I don't know where she gets the energy! I could have been in bed at midnight, LOL.

Aimee Elizabeth said...

So has Barb gone home now?
I'm so glad you girls had a good time!

Those scallops look awesome, and I really need to try me a flirtini when I'm out next.

See you soon!

NancyB said...

It looks so lovely and gentiel, do you think they are ready for the ladys of RBL?

I love me the down south Low Country cookin, grits, shrimp, blue claw crab, hushpuppies, oyster roasts, and lots of butter!!! Just thinking about that made my pants one size to small :)

I am on the list for a trip to Savanah, for that matter I am on any litst that includes places where you can get your drinks in to go cups!

Leiha said...

Barb is home and I am recovering, LOL.

Nancy, you are in for any trip, LOL! But yeah, the food here is definitely for you and I. I am bummed we didn't have time to hit the raw bars!

And yes, the to go cup is a wonderful invention!

sparkle said...

Leiha,
Lookin'good with all that food and drink! Makes me want to visit down south soon! Glad that Barb got you out and about! You also can do the to go cups in Tahoe..FYI

I'm with Nancine on the Hush Puppies, done right they are fabulous! I had scallops for dinner on Sat! Must be the season!

sparkle said...

Oops forgot about the Flirtini...My usual bars make them with GG, Splash of Chambord & Pineapple with a Champagne float! Lina try that way and let me know!

Leiha said...

Linda, you know I would welcome you with open arms and so would my kitchen, LOL. Lina has promised me that she will always cook me one meal whenever we visit. I love that promise. I think we should apply that to you too. You make chips and salsa gourmet and I'm craving your guac!

Hmmm, that's a lot of ingredients for me to buy. I may have to wait til after payday before I make my own flirtinis, LOL.

Melissa said...

Looks like you gals had a great time, and tried about every kind of food Savannah has to offer, lol.

Mm, I love hush puppies. And corn bread.

Leiha said...

LOL Missi, was there any doubt we would?