Hope that you've eaten already...

I'm including pics from last night and tonight. Barb's best friends have been to Atlanta a couple of times and they raved about a restaurant called Canoe so we HAD to check it out. Since it was packed we ate in the bar which I didn't mind. It's about the food and since we were in the bar I ordered a drink. I ordered a dirty martini, extra dirty, extra olives. They hooked me up on the olives and for $13 they better! I really need to find cheaper drinks, LOL. Since this was a dining experience I decided to get an appetizer. I went with the mussels. I had some fabulous mussels while in Spain and I think this was even better. The mussels were fat and juicy and the sauce was divine. I sopped it up with bread but was afraid of getting too full so then I used my spoon to have some more broth. I would go back and have this with a salad and call it a night. Barb got an African squash soup with peekytoe crab (no idea what it is) and a lime compote. Very enjoyable. For my entree I went with a special of the day which was a whole roasted yellowtail. I was very excited to get it but I must say, it was a little bland. The green beans were excellent though. They do fillet the fish at your table if you like but I told them I was asian, I'm ok eating something with a head on it, LOL. Barb had a lightly breaded flounder and risotto which was nice but didn't blow me away. So some hits and misses but like I said, I would go back for the mussels anytime!

Once dinner was over we went to Barb's hotel room where I made myself at home. Tonight we went to Gladys Knight's Chicken and Waffles and I'm sad to say, it did not live up to previous meals. I really wanted it to wow Barb. She went with the smothered chicken. I had the Uncle Ron's which is a fave of mine. I only had one piece of chicken, saving the rest for tomorrow. I do love cold fried chicken. Our food was served within minutes after ordering which means it wasn't exactly fresh. The squash casserole which I raved about was sooo sweet I couldn't even eat it and Barb didn't eat her fried corn because it had bell peppers in it, that means 0 for 2 on her sides. Bummer! The chicken wasn't as fantastic as it had been, it was good, I mean come on, it's fried chicken but still not the caliber I had become used to here.

This is the first time I had been at a chicken and waffles place and actually got a waffle. Their waffle of the day was a chocolate waffle which is speaking in Barb's language, LOL. He spoke in my language when he asked if we wanted ice cream with it. I have to say, this was the lightest waffle I had ever had. I would be willing to try a regular waffle here. It was an awesome waffle and it's not only because of the ice cream, LOL. I have no idea where we're eating tomorrow but I do know where we are going for drinks, EG! We're ditching her co-worker and going for some naughty fun. Sorry, no pictures allowed!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

10 Mannions Speak :

Rosie said...

Man am I happy I ate before reading this blog tonight. *BEG* Sorry to hear the food at Glady Knight's didn't live up to your expectations, but that chocolate waffle sure looks yummy. I have a reminder to try a dirty martini when the party starts here in Vegas. Not sure I'll like it, but I'm willing to give any kind of alcohol a try at least once. *G*

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I'm happy I'm not hungry too LOL

That martini looks good, but I haven't had mussels, not too sure but I think maybe you will have to find me some in Jersey!
The yellowtail looks awesome, that sucks it wasn't as good as it looks. The flounder looks yummy too.
I can tell I'm starved for carbs because i really want the waffle LOL (and the chicken & ice cream)
Good eats!

Chez said...

Mmmm well since I'm not a huge fan of seafood I gotta say the chicken and the waffle are the foods for me today LOL.

Oh and what do you mean no piccies of the naughty fun ...what fun is that for us voyeurs across the seas ;)

Joanie said...

Sorry to hear the seafood wasn't up to scratch, it looks like my kinda food. I'm not really into fried stuff.

I am pleased to see you continue to break new ground, first photos of your toes, now a bathroom!
You rock! I like staying at hotels too. I ry not to think about the pillows though, ugh. Champagne breakfast on a tray in bed is one of life' little pleasures...

J xx

Leiha said...

The thing is Rosie, I had been there 3 other times and had wonderful food. Hopefully the next time I go it'll be better otherwise I'll be taking visitors to other southern cooking restaurants.

Aimee, you're sick which is prolly the best time to look at all the food, LOL. I love mussels. We'll definitely have to find a place that has them so we can see what you think and if you don't like it Nes and I will help you, LOL. I hope that you're feeling better today sweets.

Chez, I hear the seafood is awesome in Australia and you're not a fan?!?! OK, Su and I will eat your share of shrimp on the barbie, LOL. Barb and I are planning some BJ adventures tonight *EG*.

LOL, you know me, I must share it all! At least my friends are used to me yelling don't eat, I have to take a picture and it was Barb who asked if I was going to take a pic of the bathroom and I said, of course, LOL. I love fried foods but try to be good, unless I have company, LOL. I hope that you're feeling better Joanie.

Nes said...

Those mussels we had in Spain was fantastic! I've never had such great mussels before. But man, this is even better?!?

Given the choice between the fish and the chicken, I'd go for the chicken anytime! Are they open when we hit Atlanta? I hope so!!

Are you staying there again tonight?

sparkle said...

Leiha, Sorry about the disappointing meal at Gladys', but remember even great places can have a bad day! Though you know my rule is I will give them one more time, but if it still does not meet my expectations, then put her on the Midnight Train! I have heard of Canoe as well. At least the mussels were good! Yum! The entrees looked good, I hate it when they are bland!

Though I do laugh when you say I'm OK with heads because I'm Asian!!! Probably not just on Fish! LMAO

Leiha said...

I have to say, those mussels were right up there chick! You would have been counting if we were sharing but ten again, they were so good you would have had your own, LOL.

I'm coming home tonight. I have things to do before we go to Savannah tomorrow.

LMAO, yup, I will give them one more chance but if it happens again, I'll definitely be giving them the midnight train!

You are on your game today chick, yes, I can deal with many different kinds of heads. I'm a very talented girl, EG!

Sarah said...

I feel corpulant just looking at it, what a feast!

Leiha said...

Just imagine how I feel, eating it all, LOL.