Mellow Monday...

Barb is actually here for work so while she went to work I came home and went to work myself *G*. Too bad I didn't spend any of that time cleaning, maybe today, LOL. For dinner we decided to go to Emeril's. On Sunday Barb found out we had one (very close to my house) and was like, we have to go there and of course you know I'm down. So off we trudged to Emeril's (it's cold here, if Barb wasn't here I would never leave the house!). Thank goodness Emeril's has free valet!

Barb had to try the crab cake here. I thought the crab cake from Sunday was good, this one was even better! There was an apple slaw on top that was a little sweet that really perked up the dish. I am really getting better about eating fruit with my food. I love fruit but am usually not a fan of it being in anything other then a dessert. I'm broadening my horizons, LOL. Barb ordered the osso bucco with goat cheese smashed potatoes. I have to say, those potatoes were fab and the meat was falling off of the bone! The veggies were also cooked perfectly.I went with the port wine glazed duck. It was huge, yay for me! It was served with whipped sweet potatoes and swiss chard (tasted a lot like spinach to me) with some spiced pecans. Yum, yum, yum! Barb and I argued over which was better. I say, mine was! Although it would have been perfect with the goat cheese potatoes, LOL. Don't worry Lina, we didn't finish our food. But I'm going to have a great lunch today, LOL. Barb wanted dessert. The chocolate mousse was going to take 20 minutes so Barb went with the butterscotch cheese cake. The cookie at the bottome was the butterscotch part and it was a wonderful accompianment with the cheesecake which was very light and airy. I had only planned on having a bite but it was so good I had a bit more then one, LOL. Another thing that I liked about Emeril's was the bathroom, it was big a spacious and a single. I don't know if it comes across but it's sort of an oval shape. Just a really warm welcoming bathroom so I thought I would share, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

11 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

It's cold THERE?
What exactly do you call cold?

Everything sounds delish except the crab cake and goat cheese. It all looks awesome tho, they put up a nice presentation on the plate.

That is a cool looking bathroom.
You chics have a wonderful day!

Leiha said...

For me it's cold. I'm living in the south, I don't want cold weather. I think it's in the 30s and 40s here.

Oh, you don't like two of my favorite things from dinner last night, LOL. The presentation is beautiful and the staff was great. Barb had made a joke about them bringing me a small spoon for dessert and her a big one and they did! We rolled!

We already know where we're going to dinner tonight, it's all about pre-planning, LOL.

Rosie said...

Sorry to hear you're cold there, chick. It's nice and toasty at 71 here in Vegas today. LOL. The food looks awesome. I'm a sucker for crab cakes, but the slaw on top looked kinda weird to me. Good thing it was tasty. And, let me say, that a pic of the Emeril's bathroom tops all of your pics. It is a very nice bathroom, though. Hugs!!

Bo said...

I'm with you on the fruit-bad about eating it for something other than dessert or the occassional apple/nana for breakfast.Carb cakes,though-YUMMY!!! And yours looked delish,too.I am jealous-EMERIL'S!!! Yum.I don't watch cooking shoes that much,but Emeril & Rachel Ray are the ones I like when I do watch.Iron Chef & Top chef,sometimes.

Bo said...

LMAO-I meant "Crab" cakes-don't know what the hell a carb cake is,LOL.

Leiha said...

LOL, I knew my audience would appreciate the bathroom picture!

Like I said, I'm not much of a fan for fruit with my food but it really worked to enhance the flavor.

Bo, honestly I don't like Emerils cooking show, I think his ego is way to big but I must admit, his food is fantastic! The crab cakes were all kinds of yum!

Nes said...

The bathroom colors are like ours. LOL.

Thank goodness I'm about to have dinner or I wouldn't have survived it. The food looks great and glad to hear it tasted great too.

I can't wait to pig out with you girls! Damn dress I showed you doesn't have any place left for food.... heh.

Leiha said...

Yeah, you better have clothes for early in the trip and for later on. All of the food, lack of water and the drinking don't make for a pretty picture by the end but you sure will be happy, LOL.

Su-hura (Toast on the Side) said...

Dang! I should have gone to Emerils for DINNER instead of lunch. Lunch was good, but dinner looks better.

Great choice, Barb!!

I miss you, Barbalicious!!!

Su

sparkle said...

Leiha, That is not cold! The food looks great and sounds like it tasted better! Can't wait until you go to Gladys Knight's Chicken and Waffles!!!!! Yummy! Where was the self portrait in the bathroom? That's what I want to know!

Leiha said...

Su, dinner was excellent but we did pay for it, LOL. But it's worth it for a wonderful meal. I told the manager everytime a friend comes in we're going to eat there.

LOL, I took a pic in the bathroom mirror but the flash covered my face! I knew someone was waiting for the bathroom I had to be quick. Next time though, I promise, LOL.

Yeah, I can't wait to share Gladys with Barb!