A few leftover food pictures...

And you thought it was safe to read my blog hungry, it's never safe, LOL. I spent so much time telling you about Savannah I didn't get a chance to talk about our meal before we drove there. We ate at a place called Buckhead Diner which from the outside totally looks like a diner but inside it looks like part of a club, with dark wood and waitors in white coats and the food was pretty good. They are known for their blue cheese covered potato chips so we had that as an app, it was yummy, we cleaned our plate, LOL. Since I wasn't that hungry I got a salad. It was a tuna nicoise salad. Unfortunately, I think the tuna was cooked a tad too much and was a little dry. So I spent my time nibbling on everyone else's food. Bernadette got crab cakes and they were overflowing with huge lumps of crab. And like I had mentioned before I'm not a big fan of meatloaf but Barb ordered a veal and wild mushroom meatloaf that was delicious and the mashed potatoes were so buttery it melted in your mouth! I thought about Su and Nancy's love of meatloaf when I tried this dish. You two would be in heaven and look how big this dish is! 3 slices of meatloaf! We felt bad we had to leave it behind since we were hitting the road after this meal.

While in Savannah Barb wanted pecan pie, after all, we were in the south and Georgia is pecan central. Everyone told us where the best place to get pecan pie was so on our way out of town we stopped there to get some to go (we left Paula Deen's so there was no eating it right then, LOL). It was 1:30pm and they were SOLD OUT! We were so sad. So when we got to Atlanta, after we loaded up all of their suitcases we headed to Twist for all you can eat tapas and dessert. The $10 Sunday night all u can eat tapas is my favorite bargain in town! For dessert we did a chocolate fondue. You know how much I love a fondue!The fruit was wonderful (my fave is the pineapple), there was also marshmallows, biscotti and chocolate balls. Chocolate dipped chocolate is truly decadent. I left that for Barb, way too much chocolate for me, LOL.

Now that my gluttonous week is over Lina had me set some goals. We were chatting on Sunday night and I committed to losing 5 pounds before Vegas. I figure I'll lose 3 of them this week just from eating normally, LOL. Of course, I have yet to weigh myself which makes the weight loss hard to monitor. I really don't want to know what I weigh! I went walking on Mon night and went to the gym on Tue. I even did some weights! Shockingly, I wasn't too sore.

The second part of my goal and the harder part is I agreed to eat out only once a week! Since I've moved to Atlanta I've gotten really lazy with my cooking and have eaten out more then I ever have. I thought once a week was a realistic goal but Monday I was already ready to go out and eat. I wanted sushi for lunch but didn't want to blow my wad on day one! Dang, this was much harder then I thought. It means I've had to go to the grocery store and put some thought into what I want to buy and eat. That Lina, she's an evil genius!

Speaking of Evil, she posts on RBL as Evil Libby to separate herself from the other Libby who posts and she has just started a blog. I'm going to add her link to the right. She's a cool chick, I like her a lot. Here's her link: Adventures of a Badass Warrior Princess.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

5 Mannions Speak :

Bo said...

Hey,I see the word Vegas in there-are you coming after all? Woohoo!!!


The crab cakes look yummy,and I ate breakfast not too long ago,LOL! I love me some chocolate,but cannot do the fondue thing with it,prolly 'cause I hate strawberries.Give me a cheese fondue with some good bread & I'm in heaven,though.

I don't know if I could commit to only eating out once a week-I hate to cook most of the time.I have to be in the mood to cook,and that usually only happens when I want something nobody serves around here or I'm broke,LOL.

I'll have to check out Libby's blog,you know I love the title,LOL.

Nes said...

I love meatloaf and I love pecan pie. I love cheese fondue and there's something about chocolate fondue that's so fucking sexy.

Girl, when Lina asked what our goals are, you immediately spilled! I didn't and see! I wasn't stuck with it. Hehehehehe...

Leiha said...

Sorry Bo, I'm not going to be at the sleepover this year. The only reason I'm going to Vegas is cause of that wench Nes, LOL. We'll be going in March.

I love crab so well made crab cakes (without a lot of bread) excite me! I prefer cheese fondue over chocolate too but try chocolate dipper pineapple, so good!

Yeah, everyday is a struggle not to eat out, I don't like it, LOL.

Nes, Lina came up with my goals, I just agreed to them. I think you and Lina need to have a chat, LOL. Pecan pie with whipped cream s delish! I swear, once Karen is no longer under deadline I'm getting those thanksgiving recipes from her! The best pecan pie was made by her sister! Unfortunately it's the sis that doesn't live here.

L said...

OMG I think I just gained 10 pounds looking at all that yummy food. More reason to get my arse to the gym. I eat out a lot, but it's usually at the campus Starbucks or Taco Bell. Not quite the same! Occasionally we go out to dinner, but with kids young enough to need sitters it's really a hassle most of the time. I'm glad I get to live vicariously through you ;)

Thanks for posting my link, I'd love to have everyone stop by :)

XOXOXO

Leiha said...

Nothing wrong with a little taco bell every now and again. I think there needs to be more adults then kids when eating out, 2 adults per one child, it's so hard to keep them reigned in, LOL.

If you gained 10 pounds reading my blog, just think of poor me, I actually ate all that food! As soon as I shower I'm heading out, either walking or the gym, depends on how cold it is, LOL.