Thank goodness for digital cameras....

Because you too, could have beautiful pictures of yourself. Sure, I was a big old hambone before I had a digital camera but now, it's changed my world! I used to go on vacations armed with either tons of film or tons of disposable cameras and the first thing I would do when I got home, other then letting my suitcase explode is take my film to be developed. I would be so excited about all of these fabulous pictures I would have and then once I paid big bucks to get them processed turned out there were only a fraction of decent pictures. Now I know what I'm getting immediately and if the moment wasn't captured, there is nothing wrong with a re-enactment, LOL.

I know several people who hate getting their pictures taken or hate the way they smile on camera, etc. I tell them the digital camera is your friend. Instead of avoiding the camera you need to be taking even more pictures of yourself. When I do new pictures for my blog I will take over 30 pictures of myself trying to find one I like. I know, you think I look fab in every picture that's because I only post the fab ones (unless it's funny, then I am willing to post an ugly pic of myself). Back in the day those bad pics used to go in a shoebox, now they get deleted, LOL.

I look at my pictures and pick out what I like and don't like. For me, keeping my chin down hides the double chin (which is weird it should be the other way around but I'm a backwards kind of gal, LOL). As you can see, chin up is a definite no no. I found this pic in my trash folder, LOL.Whereas chin down makes me look thinner, which is what we all want, LOL. I also like a slight head tilt and one leg in front of the other with the weight on the back leg, it elongates and makes you look thinner and of course my number one rule is to suck it in! Who cares if it's an illusion, it works for me!The key to a good picture of yourself is getting comfortable with the camera. Look at each picture of yourself after it's taken, see what you like and don't like. If you are the type to tighten up your face before a picture with the camera in your face often enough you'll learn to relax. Play with taking pictures and if you need some vodka to relax, do that too, nothing wrong with that, LOL. I was chatting online with Lina last week when I took my last set of pictures. I would type something to her then snap a picture, she had no idea I was doing it, LOL. Remember, with a digital cam, you can always delete it before anyone sees it. I'd love to see some new pictures of you all! Well except for Nes, I've seen plenty of her, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

7 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Hey chica,

Great advice for us rank beginners LOL!
Did you all hear that? The Queen has spoken, now get shooting!
I think I'll wait till Jersey, and get lessons in person! *G*
Phew busy day today, BTS chat this morning (high priority of course) nail apt after that, then shopping with my girl, who, I think I told you got 5 A's and a B- on her report card wOOt! She's such a smarty pants! Good thing too, cause she is going to have to support US in our dotage LMAO.

Anyways, I'm very proud of her. plus, this means I'm for sure getting my new laptop LOL
A promise is a promise...
See you later chic, MWAH!

Nes said...

Geeeeze! Just because that last statement was made, I'm going to snap lots of piccies and spam you with them! Hrmph!

I took that pic of you standing there when JK when medieval on our asses with castles in Spain.

And wow, you shared your cam techniques! Since, I'm as bad as you, I don't need any lessons anymore. I love the cam and the cam loves me, baby!

Hey Aims! That's great news on K! w00t! I betcha you're happy you promised.... new laptop baby!! Yeaaaah!

See you guys laters! MWAH!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the advice, L. but 1000 shots of me isn't going to produce 1 good one. it's a lost cause. I'll just stick the back side of camera, thank you.

Hope you're having a great weekend.

Leiha said...

Aimee, you need to practice prior to jersey for all of the pictures you will be in!

Did your chick get her smarts from her daddy, EG! Just joking! You should be proud of her. she transferred to a new school where she didn't know anyone and she's kicking ass!

Did you get a new laptop today?

Nes, I know you know how to take a picture and lord knows we took enough self portraits while I was over there (and we even had a photog but still loved the self portrait, LOL).

Missi, I promise, the more comfortable you are in front of the camera the better your pictures will turn out. It can't hurt to try. You have a big vacay coming up, mght as well practice:)

Joanie said...

Love your work, Goddess, but don't forget with the full length shot the all important waist twist.

Where you are standing in that shot, your left arm, the one in the pocket? Move that shoulder back, as back as you can, move the opposite shoulder forward and elongate your torso. You'll feel the stretch behind your ribs and the back of your thigh if you are doing it right.

This will define your waist and lengthen your thigh and does good things for your boobage.

Check Elle MacPherson's old stuff, it is a trademark Elle pose. She has a relatively thick waist, but you'd never notice!

J xx

Joanie said...

P.S. I'm laughing now at the thought of you standing up right now to try it out!

Do before and after shots and you'll see the difference, promise! J xx

Leiha said...

LOL, once I'm not hungover I will totally have to practice your tips Joanie! I'm all about making myself look skinnier and of course, more boobs is always nice!