You don't need a special occasion...

to treat yourself like a Queen. Yesterday I was at the market and saw that they had live lobsters. Now I have been craving lobster lately so I asked them if they would cook it for me because while I wanted to eat lobster I'm not down with killing my own food if I don't have to. Don't get me wrong, if I could get the lobster cheaper by cooking it myself I would do what I would have to do, LOL. Since I already had dinner plans yesterday today I went back to the store to get my lobster and a bottle of sparkling wine.

Originally I was going to wait until this weekend but I have plans, then I was like, why do I have to wait? I can make my own occasion! I'm treating myself right and I don't need to wait for a certain day and a certain time which is why I went back today. I deserve to treat myself like a queen whenever the mood strikes me. I don't have someone special in my life so I must treat myself as my someone special. You know who taught me that? Ms Linda! Talking to her on her birthday while she is soaking in a bubble bath drinking champagne just wowed me. I love that about her! The thing is, I can picture her doing this on non-birthday days. Not that I picture her in the tub (often).

It was a different guy at the seafood counter today and he asked me what the occasion was and I told him it was because I wanted to. My lobster cost $14, a lobster tail in their counter cost $20! Of course when I commented that it cost less then I expected he winked at me, LOL. It definitely pays to be nice!

Another thing I learned, don't buy a bottle of sparkling wine because it's pretty! The wine was awful! I'm going to mix it with something tomorrow!

So ladies, remember, you don't need an excuse to treat yourself. Sometimes you should do it, just because!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

11 Mannions Speak :

Joanie said...

Absolutely! That is entirely the attitude to have. I use all my 'good' stuff too, ie Crystal, perfume, whatever. I use it all everyday. Why wait to spoil yourself, or use your nice things?

Sorry to hear the wine sucked, but I bet the lobster was yummy...no pic?

J xx

Nes said...

Oh hell yeah! I'm the expert in treating myself all the time. LOL.

Ooooh lobster. Shit, remember I told you the story when I threw away the lobster I had in Cuba? What a fucking waste! That lobster was huge! But I just couldn't eat anymore. I was so full!

I still regret it as lobster is so frigging expensive. However 14 bucks isn't bad at all!

Glad you had a great time treating yourself like the queen you are. Heh. LOL. Too bad for the wine though...

Have fun at BAM's!

Leiha said...

Joanie, I took a pic but it had the crappy ass wine in it so decided not to promote it, LOL. Rosie also taught me to use my candles. When I used to visit her she would light them eveyr night and I had candles everywhere that I never lit. Now I enjoy lighting my candles just for me!

Nes, I wish I would have bought a biger lobster last night! It was soooo good. I'm so used to lobster being in things and sauces. This was steamed and perfect. I am sad over the fact you tossed out that lobster but you don't want to explode, LOL. We'll have plenty of lobster to eat in Vegas!

Rosie said...

Girl, what a way to treat yourself. Maybe you should have gotten some of the champagne poppers instead of the sparkling wine.

I love the idea of treating myself. I may just have to get some bubbles and pop open the champagne I already have and try that. I can lock my door and escape from everyone.

And, since you are a queen, you should treat yourself as one. *G*

But you didn't say, was your lobster all that you expected it to be? Mmm, my mouth is watering just thinking about it!

Glad you enjoyed your "you" time!!!

Smooches!!!

NancyB said...

I learned the hard way not to pick wine by the label. I had a lovely bottle of Tulip Festival wine... it was so nasty I threw it out. I didnt try to save it by mixing it, that would have been an insult to the mixer. Linda says she has been mixing her sparkinling wine with Odwalla nectorine (I think that was the flavor) juice and it is devine.

Leiha said...

Girl, the last chat I had with the girls I drank a whole bottle of bubbly and it was delish! Definitely lock the door and enjoy it away from the boys.

The lobster was delish! If I wasn't trying to save money for next month I would go back and get another, I mean, I need to be able to be a queen on vacay too. So save your money so we can be Queenlike together!

Linda has been mixing with tangerine juice which sounds wonderful! I'm using the sparkling wine for the bubbles, we'll see, I may just toss it, LOL.

sparkle said...

Leiha, Very proud of you for deciding that you are the special occasion! Next time call me with bubbly questions! I think that the Tangerine Odwalla juice with a squeeze of lime will do wonders for not so good bubbly! Now I have a craving for Lobster! See if you get to know your local grocers it pays off just like bartenders!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm not having lobster, so I hope you like what we're having: hot artichoke dip with french bread, salmon cheese ball, crab stuffed mushrooms, vegetable tray, hot/teriyaki(sp?) wings, beef/cheese dip with chips, margaritas (regular & strawberry), cabernet, chardonnay, whiskey, rum, cognac, Bailey's, beer, tequila (if you so desire), & Crown Royal. I'm going to try making rum-soaked fruit for the first time.
I can't wait to play with your karaoke again! "I'm too sexy for this shirt, too sexy for this shirt..." Hahahaha
See ya Saturday.

BAM

Leiha said...

Linda, I totally need to buy some tangering juice! I have GG that needs to be mixed, LOL. I tried your idea of adding blueberry syrup to my sparkling wine, definitely made it more palateable!

Brenda, you have me at artichole dip, then made me orgasmic at the rest. If Su sees this menu she just may show up on your door! I absolutely love finger foods, yummm, as if I wasn't already excited.

L said...

That kicks ass! We watched American Chopper a few nights ago when they cooked their own lobsters. It's pretty brutal business. Did anyone see the Martha Stewart episode a few years back where she put the live lobsters in a take of Vodka and asked in her droll voice, "If I was about to be boiled alive, I'd want to drink lots of Vodka as well." LOL I'd rather have the market do it too, Leiha.

XOXOX

Leiha said...

LOL, vodka soaked lobster, I love it!