Why is it...

That all of my friends were sending me the link to the NYTimes article that said obesity is contagious, if you have heavy friends or family you are more willing to pack on the pounds. Again, is there a reason I come to mind? OK, I do love to eat, LOL. And I love to eat with my friends, EG!

Of course, my fridge does not reflect the fact. I really need to start cooking just a tad bit more which means at least once a week, LOL. Although I did go to the store the other day and bought 2 boxes of cereal and a bunch of fruit. Who needs a stove?

That being said, I am trying to figure out what I want for lunch. Yes, I do spend a lot of time thinking of future meals. I watched Martha Stewart today and she had a chef on there making a cocunut cake that looked heavenly and I am not even a big fan of coconut, LOL. I'm so easily ruled by my stomach and my eyes! This cake is so big that each slide is a pound, now that's what I'm talking about! The cake costs $100 if you want to buy it and $35-60 to overnight ship to you. Yes, I went to the website and looked it up. I don't even like cake that much, LOL. I'm much more of an ice cream gal myself.

Well I've made it to the gym twice this week. I guess I can't spend all of my time fantasizing about cake. That means I just need to get myself there one more time. I'm shooting for tonight because that's the kind of wild and crazy girl I am on my Friday nights, LOL. Actually, I have tentative plans with BAM tomorrow and with us, food is always involved. Again, why did I get so many links to that NYT article again?

Here it is:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/26/health/26fat.html?_r=1&hp=&adxnnl=1&oref=slogin&adxnnlx=1185459485-xJfHdQxWqotm7LwyBKGoZg
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

4 Mannions Speak :

Bo said...

At least you have a better metabolism than a lot of people. Not many people can eat like that and not look like a whale! Bitch,LOL.

I hear you on the cooking.I hate doing it b/c I'm not very good at it.I have some things I make really well,and the rest is just kind of so-so.If I could get away with it I would stock my fridge with sandwich stuff and snacks,and the freezer would be packed with frozen pizzas & family entrees,LOL.

I'm not a big fan of coconut,either.On German chocolate cake,maybe,or the coconut breaded shrimp you can get for an app in some restaurants.

At least you are leaving your house tonight,EG! (I have NO room to talk,LOL)

Brenda said...

I'm with bo on the coconut. There's only a few things that it works on, like German chocolate cake. Other than that...blech.
Right now, I'm thinking calamari, king crab legs, shrimp, mussells, scallops...etc. Yep, Super H Mart is on the horizon for tomorrow. WooHoo! The high-light of my week.
(Aside from eating at the All-You-Can-Eat Korean Buffet)
Leiha, all I can do is apologize for being the friend that might cause you to contract the "Obesity Gene". You know food & sex take high priority on my recreational agenda, (not necessarily in that order).
;o)
I hope you're hungry....

zinreads said...

Hey, I didn't send you that link! (I thought about it for a second though *rofl*)

Leiha said...

I wish I had the metabolism of my sisters, they eat like crap, skinny bitches, LOL. But you are correct I should enjoy the metabolism I do have.

I like to say I CAN cook, I just prefer not to. I enjoy frozen meals but figure all of the sodium can't be good for me so I only eat them rarely.

My parents used to by the pepperidge farm german chocolate cake and while I'm not a chocolate cake eatr I loved it. I haven't had one in decades, do they still make them?

Well, I left my house to eat, LOL.

Ohhh, I hope they have the crab legs. They didn't have them the last time we were there. Leiha was sad. Looking forward to tomorrow chick!

LMAO, of course you thought about me while reading it Ann!