RWA the first day!

I arrived almost 2 hours before Su, my plane got in early. They were actually offering bumps on this flight but my time with the girls is more precious then a free plane ticket. Of course, now I wish I had that free ticket *G*. It was ok, I had to have time to figure out which terminal she was in, the airline she was in was in 4 different terminals! Luckily I was able to find her gate and hang out. I also had my puter and since my internet was down when I left that morning I had to get online, LOL. BTW, my flight was the quitest flight ever. Too bad I was freezing! I have decided I will always ask for a blanket. I need to be warm to sleep.

When Su arrived the party began. OK, not so much, we were still a half an hour away from our hotel. Once we got to our hotel we checked our bags and asked the bellmen where to eat. Since I was on the phone with Emma Holly (your damn skippy I'm going to name drop, LOL) Su got the directions. We were going to walk in over 90 degree heat but we had just spend $50 on our cab ride so walking it was. The walk wouldn't have been too bad if Su had remembered the fact that we were supposed to turn left at Houston, 10 minutes prior! We finally found our restaurant and ordered drinks immediately! It was a mexican restaurant but it was a little bit pricey so we decided to do drinks and apps and hit several restaurants. I picked a shrimp ceviche for us and Su picked pork gorditas. The gorditas blew the shrimp away. Sorry, no pics, we dug right into our food, LOL. Good thing our gorditas were huge because I got a call from Gennita Low and she wanted us to join her at the bar. The walk was so much easier when you don't make wrong turns or rather make the turns you're supposed to make, LOL.

Sitting with Jenna at the bar was CJ Barry aka Samantha Graves. I met CJ last year but this time around got to spend more time with her (all at the bar, LOL) and I'm very excited to read her new book, Sight Unseen. The bar was so busy we decided to go up to the bar since there were not enough waitresses little did I know it would take 30 minutes to get our drinks there! I was starting to get antsy but then The Holly showed up and all was right with the world. Especially when she gifted me with my Fairyville ARC. Leiha was happy again!

While waiting to order Pamela Clare called and I handed the phone off to Su since I thought I was getting close to getting served and Su didn't care that PC was naked, she told her to slap some pasties on and get her butt to the hotel and when Su talks, people listen. Then it was time for all of the authors to go to their various author functions. Su and I chose this time to actually make it to our room and get settled in. Then the Holly joined us after her dinner and it was time to hit the town. That story deserves it's own blog, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

9 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I love all the pics and stories from RWA!
It made me realize I really need to get my butt to it next year LOL

Glad you're home safe chic

Chez said...

Yaaaay more piccies. I am truly happy you love taking piccies so we can experience it all vicariously.

LOL at the "slap the pasties on" comment.

Sarah said...

I loved the pasties too! Crack me up. Good times!

Anonymous said...

OMFG, what a great time you guys had! What an awesome time.

Gennita said...

It was incredibly fun watching YOU TWO having fun ;-).

Nes said...

LOL! I can totally hear Su saying that to Pam on the phone with half the room listening. What a riot.

I was ready to barf at the name dropping bit, but since I haven't eaten all day, there's nothing to throw out. LOL.

Rosie said...

Girls, you make me so jealous. And to think that Dallas should have been a "been able to do" this year for me since it's not cross country. Now I have to plan again for next year maybe. I would love to go to one of these kinds of events!

Love the pictures and the great tales of you two. You definitely know how to have a good time!

Hugs and smooches!!

Su-hura (Toast on the Side) said...

I just want to point out that I knew EXACTLY how to get to where we were going. I just didn't choose to share that information with Leiha!! :)

I figured we could use a little extra cardio in the 90 degree weather!! NOT!!!

Leiha said...

Girl, it's a blast! If you can make it you should! I'm definitely in for next year.

You know that is such a Su comment, LOL. Yes I do love me the pictures.

Jenna, whenever we didn't know where you were we knew you were at the bar, don't even try!

LMAO, Nes!

Rosie, one of these days you'll have to plan to go. Authors here, authors there, authors authors everywhere!

Note to self, get directions myself, not with Su!