A comedy of errors...

While at lunch Su and I planned where we would go for dinner (was there any doubt?). The waiter suggested Seadogs which had just opened 3 weeks ago. He raved about the menu. I think he was on the payroll. I hope that I can remember everything, LOL. When we got there it was almost empty but we figured it's new, they're developing their clientele. They also gave us a card for one free app with entree AND 10% off our meal. The first thing we do is order drinks. I want something that is not too sweet. She brings me a drink I can't drink. I would have sucked it up since it's what I ordered but she said she would take it back and get me something else so I got something simple, peach vodka and tonic. I thought wow, that's good service. They want us to be happy, cool! She also offered to split our check even though we said we could do it ourself so cool. Makes things easier. The bartender came over to ask about our drinks, I don't think he liked our answers, LOL.

The mussels we ordered as our app were pretty goot and the portions were big which is nice. You know I like bang for my buck! I ordered catfish with a broccoli slaw and vegetables and decided to splurge on a topping for my fish. It was a crab, shrimp and scallops mix, the most expensive topping they had but it sounded good and hey, I'm on vacation. They bring out our food. Su's fish was highly recommended by our lunchtime waiter. It was bland. My catfish wasn't bland but it had a weird aftertaste. I didn't want to eat it. The veggies were great but the slaw tasted foul. Su ordered veggies and a salad and the waitress didn't bring out the salad. When Su pointed it out the waitress said, well where will you put it? Their plates are big but you don't bring out the food! We make room, hello! Then our toppings come out. They were supposed to be on top of the fish but the waitress asked for it on the side. Why, I don't know. So I take a couple of bites and notice that there is pineapple in it. Now I LOVE fresh pineapple but I don't like it cooked into things. I wouldn't have ordered it if I knew it had pineapple then I notice there are no scallops and crab in there. I call the waitress over to tell her it's wrong. She tells me it's right. I ask for the menu and point out to her what I ordered and what I got, something $3 less btw. She took it back and she was so happy it wasn't her mistake but at this point we were less then happy.

By this time we were over the whole thing. We ate the mussels, some garlic bread and the vegetables. I asked Su to cancel our topping, I didn't want it. I wanted out, LOL. The waitress said they were getting ready to bring it out by then but we told her we still didn't want it. The manager came over to aplogize and offered us a free dessert. We didn't want one. He should have offered to comp our food because neither of us ate our fish and we told him our opinionson everything. Su and I are professional eaters and really, not big complainers. In fact, we laughed through most of this while Emma sat there and enjoyed her wine (she had already eaten). At this point the waitress brings us our checks with my drink messed up with Su's but that's no big deal. What is a big deal is she charged us for the mussels and didn't take 10% off. Back it goes. So she brings it back again and says everything is set when I point out the fact that the mussels are still on my bill, LOL. It was just so ridiculous. Really, all you can do is laugh. We were ecstatic to leave Seadogs and if you're ever in Dallas, avoid it at all costs, LOL.

We then headed to the House of Blues to listen to some music while we had another drink. The music was loud but my key lime martini was divine as was the company. Once we left there we took a cab back to the hotel, we were over walking, LOL. The Holly went to bed, Su and I went to our room where Jenna was getting ready to go workout, the crazy woman! She had gone to the Death by Chocolate soiree and I guess she overindulged. While she was working out and the fire alarm going off (false alarm, thank goodness I had no interest in walking down 10 flights of stairs) we decided to go have another drink. You know what a lush Su is. Earlier in the day we couldn't get served for the life of us but it had slowed down so we spent some quality time making friends with the bartenders. We never had to wait for drinks again. Plus, they were all gay and you know I love me my gays. They gave us tips on where to go and what to do. It was a nice way to end our first day at RWA. Well, when you discount the dinner from hell, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

5 Mannions Speak :

Gennita said...

Scared you, didn't I, when I announced that I was going to cycle off a few hundred calories? LOL. Of course, then Su started caressing my butt. :shaking my head here:

sparkle said...

I almost could not read about your dinner and the service!!! It just kept getting better! LOL - NOT!!

Can't wait for RWA in SF next year! It's pretty obvious that you need the food police!!!

Brenda said...

So sorry to hear about your food service. And even the drinks weren't any good? Sucks.
I can't wait to hear what you think about Fairyville.
Share the love sistah.

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, Fairyville! Can't wait to hear about it. The Holly never disappoints, does she?

Leiha said...

Jenna, you are a crazy woman! Going to workout at midnight, no thank you! Just enjoy the chocolate high. Now why did Su do all of the caressing? I am seriously slacking!

Linda, it was outrageous! Yes, we need you to guide us in SF and I know you know that town and we have Barb. She loves her food too!

I am really enjoying Fairyville. I meant to only read for half an hour last night but an hour later I finally made myself put it down, LOL.

The Holly doesn't disappoint!