I am not worthy...

I am lucky to have such great friends, and a bestest friend with Leiha, so it really ticks me off when I go and be a bad friend – And do stupid things like forget my guest bloging day. Let the groveling begin…. And the excuses….

It was a long weekend. My mom was having an open house brunch on Sunday morning, and when not many people RSVP’d I encouraged her to invite more people. You know what happened then, it went from our planned 15 people to 45 people… whops! After work Friday I went to help start preparing for the brunch (and sponge dinner from them). I was there helping till a little after 10.

First thing Saturday morning I headed to Borders, I had to be to work at the ungodly hour of 7am (instead of my regular 10 am) because we had to clean the store from the Harry Potter Party the night before and be ready to open at 8am for the Harry Potter Hordes to descend upon us once again.

After work was the bright spot in my weekend – I picked up the new Marjorie Liu book “Soul Song”. I haven’t read it yet because that darned Aimee has me totally hooked on the Kim Harrison witch books… but after that I am totally hitting the Liu book!



After work I headed straight to moms again. We prepared food for the brunch, with one 15 minute break, until 12:30 in the morning. (Here is where I whine and hopefully get some sympathy points in my groveling) I was on my feet from 7 am to 12:30 am with an hour lunch, the drive to my parents and a 15 minute pizza dinner for breaks. Let me say that no amount of working out prepares a body for that and I was sore and tired.

I was back at the parents at 7:30 to get everything complete for the brunch that started at 9. We had Egg Sausage Souffle, Apple French Toast, fruit salad, bacon, sausage, a cheese plate with three cheeses and 2 meats, crackers and a smoked trout cream cheese spread, bagels with cream cheese and jelly, banana bread and apple spice bread, and…. Well I can’t remember what else, but you get the picture, my mom put out a spread! We had cousins from Arizona, Colorado, Eastern Washington – It was great fun once it got started.



I stayed and helped clean… till a little after 4 when my mom sent me home because my eyes were so droopy. I told her “Yeah – I need to go because it is my day to blog” and came right home. I am not really sure what happened then except I started to snore, woke up to eat, and crashed again till my alarm woke me up with my 15 minutes to get ready and out of the house this morning. I immediately remembered I hadn’t bloged… and figured I would do it at work… but my blasted boss has gotten wise to my bloging ways and has started watching my computer screen. So that is my sad pitiful way of saying I am sorry you guys didn’t have a Sunday Blog, and I am sorry I let you down Leiha.

To punish myself I am going to promise to have your birthday present in the mail tomorrow afternoon (yes – that would be from her April Birthday, but I kept adding to the box) I was going to ground myself also but realized that would be a reward, so instead I will say that I will finish cleaning the rest of the house in your honor, and call Kathy and have Jordan over… it is a win, win, win.

So I throw myself on the mercy of the court, ask for probation and promise to do my best to let this never happen again… I cant take the guilt or fear!

Share on Google Plus

About NancyB

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

9 Mannions Speak :

Chez said...

LOL you grovel so charmingly. Especially like the birthday box grovel and the food piccies *drool*. Looks like quite a spread you created with your mum.

Anonymous said...

I forgive you Nanc but then that is what BFFs do & why Leiha is an AlmostBFF! "-)

Besides you get HUGH Kudos for being such a FAB Daughter on top of working the HP weekend!

YOU ROCK Nanners!

SK,
Your BFF "-)

Brenda said...

Nancy, that food looks incredible.
Your mom is lucky to have a daughter like you.
Next time you visit Leiha, will you cook???
;o)

Leiha said...

LMAO, I didn't even say anything to her yet. I love how my doggen lives in terror or me. Or rather, the guilt just ate away at her. Of course, I only have a rein of terror because I'm thinking of my Mannions.
Well, except for Mich! It's ok if she doesn't have anything to read with her morning coffee.

I'm glad that your mom's brunch was such a success. I bet you all had a blast and your mom was lucky she had you there as a calming infuence.

Brenda, the only thing Nancy cooks is breakfast, you just need to be ready to eat it about 2pm because she is not a morning person, LOL.

NancyB said...

LOL I love that you asked me to cook. Leiha is right - I can rock breakfast (but not as well as Linda T) and it goes down hill from there. Someday I am going to figure out how to cook meat, if it is not bacon or sausage you just never know how it will turn out when I cook it.
Thanks for being such a good BFF Mich... for that I might work on the present I have been working on for you for the past 3 years!
Leiha - your box is packed and addressed, I just have to walk to the post office at lunch to mail it.
Thanks to the court for giving me leaniancy.

Su-hura (Toast on the Side) said...

Nancine, you are too fabulous! It is impossible for you to do wrong in my book! Unless we're playing spades. :)

Breakfast looked incredible! I am so hungry right now. You did darn good, baby!!

Glad you survived the Harry Potter weekend!!!

Aimee Elizabeth said...

You weekend reads like mine as far as busy-ness, GO NANCINE!!!!

I'm so glad you are enjoying the Kim Harrison books, did you get them all read yet?

I say your pardoned LOL

Bo said...

I think all that hard work was enough punishment,LOL.I'm not satisfied with what I ate for breakfast now,your brunch feast sounds MUCH better,esp. the smoked trout cream cheese,mmmm!

I've got the first (I think?It's dead Witch Walking) Kim Harrison witch book in my TBR,I'll have to pick it up soon.

sparkle said...

Nancine, I completely understand and give you maximum points for all your hard work for your Mom!

Believe me I know! This is the first time I've had a few moments to myself and I will be taking a bath & reading.......HARRY POTTER!