The Party of the Year...

Is the Harlequin party. This is the one all of the authors crash, even if you're not a Harlequin author, or in our case, not an author. Luckily, Su and I were sleeping with someone who had an invite *EG*. Last year we ate before we went and were too full to eat at the party so this year we were going to be smarter and not eat. WRONG! All of this and I had one bite of dessert and some fruit and that was it.

I heard the creme brulee and the chocolate mousse was awesome. D'oh! Plus Su and I had had a few drinks during the day so I was not in the mood to drink that night, having been slightly more then buzzed already. They had champagne and it was an open bar, double d'oh! Luckily, I wasn't there for the food or drinks (shocking, I know) but to bask in the wonderfulness of all of the authors. This has to be my favorite pic of the conference. Left to right, Emma Holly, Julie Ortolon, me, Gennita Low and Su. My favorite moment would be when we were all dancing together singing Living on a Prayer by Bon Jovi at the top of our lungs. Sure, we got funny looks but when has that stopped us? It's great fun to be on the dance floor with more authors then you can count, including Nora Roberts who loves to dance and who Jenna danced with for a few songs. I don't know why we didn't crash that party, LOL. Or at least take a pic of it, sorry Jenna.

Emma introduced us to Pamela Morsi and I used to read her all of the time. I loved Runabout, Garters, Courting Miss Hattie, etc. I admit, I squealed when I heard her name, LOL. Robin D Owens was a total sweetheart and now I need to go find some of her books. It was fun watching the conga line which was huge. Now normally I would have jumped right in but my full stomach was not up for it, LOL. Luckily Julie and Pamela Clare represented.
And when the congo ended it was back to the dance floor. I love this pic. Bonnie Vanak is rocking out. She has promised me rum runners when I go visit her. She also has a hottub. You know I must take advantage of that, LOL. Of course we closed the party down. Some of us may have been limping by the time we left but the pain was well worth the joy and energy of being surrounded but some of the best of the best and just sharing in their happiness. These ladies may only get to see each other once a year but they certainly make the most of it.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Mannions Speak :

Sarah said...

Awesome pics and blogs chick. Gives me itchy feet and makes me want to jump on a plane!!! have loved reading about your adventures!

Anonymous said...

What the heck are those white squiggly things in the mousse?

Great pics as always!

Leiha said...

Sarah, we're on for when you make it to NYC!

It's white chocolate Karen. Tasty! I did have a nibble, LOL.

Melissa said...

Boy I have picture and blog envy. I wish I was as good at it as you.

But maybe I would be if my life were as exciting as yours.

But I don't think I'd survive life as exciting as yours, lol.

Looks like you all have been having a total blast, eating and drinking and hob-nobbing with the Names. I've enjoyed the experience without actually being there, lol.

Bo said...

I have loved reading the stories and seeing the pics,and the green-eyed monster has been in slow retreat,LOL.One of these years I will make it to RWA.

I saw that you had a crappy experience at a seafood place,that sucks!!!

Glad you had two had such a great time(was there any doubt,LOL) and I LOL every time you referred to Emma as 'The Holly' *G* Did you bug her about Nim Wei's story for me? Did ya? *G*

Leiha said...

Missi, you are way more active then I am. I read what you do and just get exhausted, LOL. I'm glad that you're having fun reading about my adventures.

Bo, you would have a blast. So many authors, so little time! I did ask her about Nim Wei just for you. The problem is, I don't remember what she said, d'oh! I mean, I was talking to the Holly, I was in a fog. She did say she was writing two Upyr stories in a row though. So keep your fingers crossed.