The Asian Persuasion!

I was posting this yesterday when my time on the internet was over. Sorry for the delay.

We are hanging in our room for a little recovering from feasting on books, nachos and bellinis (we're high class all the way, as the pictures will show, LOL). The RITAs are tonight and a couple of our favorite authors are nominated, mainly Pamela Clare and Marjorie Liu. Click on the Marjorie Liu link to the right and you'll find a picture of Su and I with her taken at yesterday's booksigning. She is a goddess and incredibly sweet plus she remembers how to spell my name. Sherrilyn Kenyon says I'm officially in stalker status because she remembers how to spell my name too, LOL.

Yesterday we met up with Dianna Love Snell and Mary Buckam. I got in trouble with Dianna because I haven't called her since I moved to the ATL. But we made future plans and while sitting there catching up Su and I had a drink or few while they drank water and club soda. I first met them with Sherri in Portland and we had partied together last year at RWA and we love them.By the time we finished chatting Su and I were quite buzzed (ok, a little drunk) and decided to take a cab to the West End, which is in walking distance but we had walked ther twice already and we were on a time crunch. There was a taste of Dallas going on. We shared the cab with other people going down there. While we're walking from where the cab dropped us off Su insisted I hop on her back. She made me hop on her back and then this was her reaction. Yes, she's a bitch.

So then we wandered down the streets trying as much food as possible. We had steak tacos, corn and crab bisque, shrimp and crawfish with dirty rice, sausages, brisket and a pulled pork sammich. Keep in mind last year before we went to the party we were upset that we ate before hand and couldn't eat any of the food at the party. Good thing we ate light, LMAO. We had to pee so we went into the sausage place and placed an order for fried pickels and potato chips and margaritas. The drinks were awful and the chips burnt. We sent the chips back. They wanted to re-cook it for us but we were on a time crunch and we really only ordere because we had to pee, LOL.

I'll talk more about the party later as well as post more party pics. But thought these would be fun to share. Su having fun on the dance floor. Now you can see why I distance myself from her, LOL. Of course, I can't post a pic of Su without posting one of myself. One of my best assets, LMAO!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Mannions Speak :