I love summer fruits...

But it doesn't mean that they're cheap. Since I have been eating catered food so much recently (or take out) my fridge was empty of fruit. So today while waiting to pick up my sushi lunch I ran into Krogers to pick up some goodies. I bought some bing cherries, some grapes, 2 papayas and then spent over $7 on rainier cherries, gulp! I knew it was going to be pricey but when it was rung up I cringed. I don't normally buy rainier cherries but they looked so good and I was craving fruit. Of course, when I was sitting home eating my 25 cent each cherry I was thoroughly happy with the purchase. Not to say I'll be making it again anytime soon but I don't regret my purchase anymore.

I also bought some white corn which I love. I keep leaving the husks on because I have the intention to grill it but I never make it that far, I just end up boiling it, LOL. Linda, I need motivation! It was 5 ears for a buck, SCORE!

I started the new Liz but haven't made it past the prologue, I've just been so tired when I crawl into bed. Of course, it could be because I crawl into bed on the far side of midnight, LOL. I know it's late when King of the Hill is on TV, "BOBBY!"

My friend Rachael told me about this great new phone plan from T-Mobile. Basically you're using your cell phone to make calls over the internet so when you're home or in any wireless hot spot and a call originates from there it doesn't eat your minutes and since we're using the www you could call from The Netherlands to the US for free! I may switch to this when my contract expires. I just need to make sure one of the phones that uses it is bluetooth enabled and that my verizon peeps don't mind, LOL. Here's the link to the article: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/05/technology/circuits/05pogue.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

My brown stain on my ceiling is gone, yay! He had to bleach the stain and prime it first, I think i was getting a contact high, LOL. But I eventually went and hid in my room while he painted. Greg painted my house when I first moved in too and he's a talker. A nice guy but I didn't want to talk or smell the fumes, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

10 Mannions Speak :

Nes said...

I've been eating cherries like there's no tomorrow and they're so yummy! You know how much I love me some summer fruit too.

Unfortunately, I get "clogged" up when I eat cherries, same with grapes too. LOL. But they're so damn yummy.

I just got back from the market and bought a shitload of fruits and they're probably a lot more expensive here than there... so I'm gonna eat every euro cent worth too. LOL.

Hey that's kewl about that internet thing! You can do that with Skype too, but you'll need a Skype phone..

Aimee Elizabeth said...

My DH got a huge bag of rainiers from a customers fruit stand, my gosh were they fantastic! My doctor and his wife have an orchard not far from here, so we are planning to go up there for apricots, bing cherries to can, and more rainiers to just eat. This is my favorite time of year, because there isn't anything I love like fresh-off-the-tree fruit!

I'm not sure if I've eaten white corn... If I have it didn't leave much of an impression LOL 5 ears for a buck is a good price, but in about 6 weeks it will be 10 (or more) for a dollar around here.

I haven't been reading much, I've been in the pool working on my tan :P

I wouldn't mind a little more info on that cell plan, I'll look it up!
Later Chica!

Bo said...

Mmmm,white corn is delish! I can't wait until next month,they have a big corn festival in a town about an hour from here.I should be able to get about 3 dozen for $2 or so.A mini-carnival and craft fair,too,and lots of food booths.

I didn't know you had Verizon! Me,too,we could talk for free! Can you hear me now,LOL.

Rosie said...

Cherries are on sale here, but they're not the ranier ones. But I'm definitely picking some up when I grocery shop. I love summer fruits too. And luckily, so do the boys! I scored white corn the other day 4 for a $1. I knew I was never going to grill it, so I took advantage of the garbage bucket at the store and cleaned them there. LOL.

I'm going to check out that phone link too. That would be a really great deal.

Glad the brown stain is gone. I can imagine the smell though. Yuck!

Hugs and smooches!!

Hugs!!!

NancyB said...

Humph! you could have told me about this before I just renewed my Verizon contract for 2 more years! We will have to talk missy since almost all my minutes go to talking to one person who lives in Atlanta and shal remain nameless....

zinreads said...

Yumm! Summer fruit. I had the best Bing cherries at Heather's on the 4th. The rest of the food was good, but the cherries were outstanding.

I made Andrew drive to the fruit stand every day for cherries last summer when we spent the week up at Lake Charlevoix, MI. *lol* Good thing he loves me, huh?

The number 1 industry in Charleviox is Cherry Orchards, so fruit stands are everywhere. It's actually hard to find fruit other than cherries up there.

And a trick for Linda T. if her cherry pitter breaks again, is to use a plastic drinking straw -- it's just the right size and works pretty well until it's more convenient for you to run out to SLT to buy a new pitter (or if like me, you're just too cheap to buy a pitter when you will only use it 3 or 4 times a year *g* ).

Ann

sparkle said...

I love all the fresh fruit! Maybe that's why I live in the NW! I'm kneww deep in berries now, but I'm still waiting for Peaches, Nectarines, and then Pears & Apples!!!

Leiha you can grill your corn either with husks on or off! If they are on, make sure that you soak at least 30 mins. before Grilling!

Ann - great idea about the straw! But I would have had to go to the store for those as I am out! LOL I actually use my cherry pitter for olives too. maybe that's why I broke it!!!

Leiha said...

I finished my rainier and am eye balling my bings, LOL. Luckily I don't get clogged from fruit but if I did, the papaya would take care of it, LOL.

Yes, the fruit as is everything else is way more expensive there!

Fruit off of the trees, I'm totally jealous! I have memories of picking cherries when I was a kid and eating as many as I picked, LOL. Have a great time chick!

I think white corn is sweeter. I love it. Dang, I wish I could work on my tan!

Yup, I'm a verizon gal and the mobile to mobile is great!

I know how much V loves mangos, LOL. It's great that your boys love fruit, now we just need to work on the veggies, LOL.

Luckily I have a fan so the smell wasn't around very long. Thank goodness!

Girl, I just found out last night! My mannions knew practically as soon as I found out, LOL. I probably won't do it but thought I'd let others know.

Ann, that sounds wonderful. I love fresh fruit stands. I saw them everywhere in OR but haven't seen them here. Of course, I'm living in the city so that could be why, LOL.

Linda, thanks for letting my know about the soaking, I so would not have done that, LOL. Enjoy your new pitter chick, if I need to pit I'll use a straw, LOL. I can't believe you were out of straws! I love using them at your house.

Chez said...

Summer fruit *humpf*. Here I am in the middle of sleet central and you're showing me summer fruit. Right now I'm all over puddings honey, lotsa puddings ... with custard.

Good news that the stain is now gone. Icky stains on a ceiling bring about all types of ruminations on where the heck they came from LOL.

Leiha said...

Yum puddings and custards! I don't eat those during the winter, I think I may have to try some, LOL.