Eat Drink & Be Merry!

So what happens when 2 or more ReBeL's are in the same location? We Eat, Drink & Be Merry! More on that in a second! Both of the guest bloggers are in the same town, same living room catching up with Linda Westburg who has braved I5 North to drive from Sacramento (with her parents) to near the OR/WA border! And Sandra will be joining us on Mon.While you have been reading about the Asian Persuasion and their antics at RWA, up here in the NW we are just returning from dinner so you are getting an early start to Monday or a late start on Sunday! Nancine (not Nice Nancy) was to arrive late on Sat. due to her work schedule (and boy did she need to relax!) and then Linda W was to come over to my house for breakfast on Sunday. We set 9 as the time. It was a busy Sat. for me as I had to drive to Salem and help my Dad since my Mom was coming home from the hospital, pick the berries, make dinner & do the shopping to be able to enjoy my couple of days with the girls. By the time I got home & only semi ready for guests due to my own surgery and being so tired from all of my back & forth to Salem for Mom's hip replacement, I knew Nancine wanted to have a drink when she got here so I decided that we could have a drink here and be relaxed! So I put on my Champagne Girl Tank Top and had fresh Raspberry Puree mixed with Framboise ready for mixing with the champagne! We chatted & laughed until Nancine was a little tipsy & I was tired! Besides we knew that Linda W. would be on time & Nancy's cousin Michelle was coming over for breakfast! The alarm was set for safety's sake!As I was making a latte & went to get the paper, Linda W. was already parked outside! She had arrived almost an hour earlier, but did not want to wake us up before the time we had agreed upon! Silly Linda, I had been up but not out to get the paper! So for Nancine, we had Buttermilk Pancakes in the Seasonal Summer Molds & Fresh Raspberries, Marionberries & Blueberries picked yesterday by yours truly! Along with the Raspberry & Marion Jam & Blueberry Syrup that I had made last week!
We had a great time talking and hanging out! The biggest decisions to make were what to do about dinner! The criteria from my guests were: nice, sit-down, NW cuisine, dessert & then the most important Open on Sunday! My first few picks were not! We ended up at Wildwood which has been here for a long time and was one of the first to really use Local ingredients & update & print the menu everyday! Nancine started out with a Cucumber Martini that was great! We then shared a fabulous beet, greens & bleu cheese salad along with a smoked ham, white cheddar pizza with a smoky peach puree & fresh oregano! There would have been a pic, but we had eaten most of it before we thought of it! Big surprise there! But we did remember for Dinner & Dessert! LW had the grilled rib-eye, N had the Duck Confit and I had the Albacore Tuna! They were great and then we ate half (Don't worry, we brought the rest home) so we could have dessert! While all were great, Linda had the best one! It was an Eclair with peaches, raspberries, & black raspberry ice cream to die for! Nancy had the Chocolate/Peanut butter roulade with Peanut Brittle & Chocolate Ice Cream! Yes, all their Sorbets & Ice Creams are made in house, so we did need to try most of them, so I had the trio with Rhubarb Sorbet, Toasted Almond Ice Cream & Raspberry Lemonade Sorbet! We have now hit the full mark and will be doing vigorous exercises in a moment! Back to the busines of finishing the champagne, trying to post more pictures and talking about books and yes you Leiha, since it is all about you! Many hugs and wish you were here!
Share on Google Plus

About sparkle

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Mannions Speak :

Chez said...

Oh gosh I'm gonna cry over that lovely looking food. That is some serious knife block there too. Major jealous hissy fit going to take place over here. Leiha gets to go play with authors and more RBLs just go eat GREAT sounding food and drink in special tank tops Waaaaaggghhhh.

Leiha said...

Hey, I recognize that house! Of course pictures like this usually have me in them:( I'm so glad that you all are having a wonderful time and that champagne drink looks fabulous! I KNOW what I'm missing. Good thing I was to exhausted last night to be jealous, this morning is a different matter with my tummy grumbling and all, LOL.

Su-hura (Toast on the Side) said...

Champagne and great food... Sounds like heaven!!! Everything looks soooo delicious!! My stomach is growling right now!! I can practically taste those perfect buttermilk pancakes!! Mmmmmmmm...

You gals look great!! Keep the stories coming!!!!

Su

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Ok, why did I not get an iNvite!?

Sheesh. LOL

The food looks fabulous, and I KNOW the company is! Keep on having a great time, and keep up well informed so we can drool at what we're missing LOL
(((hugs!)))

Rosie said...

Aww, you girls look great and it's so cool to be hanging out and having a blast with each other. I just wish I was there too! Not only am I jealous over the food and the company, but that champagne drink too. That must be so yummy. Glad you are having fun. Give each other hugs for me!!!

Hugs and smooches!

Nes said...

*sigh* It sucks to live in Europe! Everyone there is getting together having a GREAT time, EATING and DRINKING and PARTYING!! WAAAAAAAAAAA!

Uhm, Lin(da)WTF is seasonal summer mold???????

BTW, I love the pics and it's great to see Den Mom (even if it's only a piccie).