Hmmm, what happened to my guest blogger?

She will get a talking to, never fear! Well, fear for her, LOL.

Saturday I went to my first Braves game and it was a lot of fun. I don't particularly enjoy watching baseball overall but I do enjoy going to the game. I like the socialness of it all. I like the chants that they have and of course, the wave! And since this is the Braves they also have the tomahawk which was fun to do. Now I'm not a big enough fan to actually make plans to go but my friend invited me spur of the moment and was horrified I hadn't been to a game yet. Should I have said, I lived in LA for 7 years before I made it to a Dodgers game? To be fair, I had made it to a couple of Angels games but again, it was because I was invited by friends and they had box seats LOL.

My favorite part of the game.... It was eating my hot dog slathered in chili, fake cheese and onions. I had to have a dog at the game. Of course, that dog cost almost $7 which is highway robbery but it was a damn good dog. It could have been so good because I was starving at the time, LOL.

I took the MARTA to get to the game. It's Atlanta's rail system. Easy peasy to get to the game that way. You take the MARTA to your stop and they shuttle you to the game. Keep in mind I've only ever taken the MARTA to go to the airport which happens to be the last stop so I don't really have to pay attn unless I'm coming home. Well, the MARTA was packed coming home from the game and I didn't notice that it was the direction I wanted to go but not the line. Yes, I got on the correct train at the time but no, I didn't get off where I was supossed to, Oops! Turns out I had to transfer lines, something I didn't have to do when I got on to go to the game so wasn't thinking I had to do when I left. So I should have been home much sooner then planned but overall a fun night. Too bad I forgot my camera. I really wanted a picture of that hot dog!

BTW, the Braves won 14-6!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Look out Nanner! LOL

I watch the Mariners once or twice a week while my DH catches just about every game, but oh do I LOVE going to games at Safeco Field! I love the junk food, the noise, and most of all the energy of it. They are a very popular team so the games are always packed, and you can just forget about getting seats when they play the Yanks, We westerners do love to see the Yanks get spanked LOL
Glad you had a good time chic, but that sucks you forgot your cam!

We had a verra busy weekend, we removed the rest of the tree that crushed all our stuff on Sat. and then Me & DH removed one other that was a threat yesterday. I had a blast because I got to chain the logs to DH's truck and pull them out LOL Then he still had energy to run 6 miles so me & K got the mountain bikes out & went along too.
Now I'm sore! *snort*

Bo said...

I can't believe you forgot your camera!!! Nanner's no show must've messed you up bad,LOL!

You know,I've never been to a ballgame,either,and I lived in San Diego for 14 years,where there was Padre stuff EVERYWHERE! I've been to the stadium where they played for concerts,off-road racing,etc.,but never for a game.Someday I will go,but it will have to be out of Utah, since I will want a beer to go with my hot dog,LOL! And some nachos,mmm,I love nachos with fake cheese at a rodeo,fair,etc.

Brenda said...

GO BRAVES!

I'd love to have seen your hot-dog (and damn, that almost sounds nasty).

;o)

Chez said...

Hot dogs and sport now that sounds like the rest of the worlds vision of America LOL. Sorry about the train challenges, but that can happen to anyone.

Leiha said...

Dang girl, that's a busy weekend. I spent most of Sunday reading a book, LOL.

I know Bo! I was totally bummed. I cant believe I wasn't able to document my first dog at Turner field. BTW, I've been to a Padres game, shame on you, LOL. Mmmm, I almost bought some nachos, the fake cheese looked so tasty!

Brenda, what can I say? You're a nasty girl!

Chez, it is as American as you can get. Lots of Americans stuffing their faces, LOL.

Anonymous said...

I am jealous. You know I am a diehard Braves fanniac.