I love holidays...

Where food is involved! And of course, what is a Fourth of July without a bbq? And since it's a holiday it's ok to sit around and eat as much potato chips with dip as possible. That's what Dao and I did while hanging at Brenda's chatting with her sisters Debbie and Kim (visiting from TX) and her parents who were very cool. They have been married almost 50 years, been dating since they were 9 and share the same birthday!

While we were stuffing our faces with chips, Mr BAM was slaving away on the grill (wearing the apron his daughter Charlie made him). I was fixing up my burger when I noticed Kim was putting cole slaw on her burger. I was all down for that. I've have a slaw dog but not a burger. I was worried that it would be too much since I had already put on kethchup and and mayo but Kim assured me it wouldn't be a problem and it wasn't. It was decadently delicious. I put some extra slaw on my plate so I could make sure I had plenty for my burger.I'm not a big fan of buns, well buns for the burger, EG so I had regular wheat bread instead. Don't want you to think that Brenda's house wasn't fully stocked.

As soon as we stuffed ourselves silly it was time to put on our bathing suits and head to the pool. You would think putting on a 2 piece would curtail my eating. NOPE! That's what the floatie is for, other then keeping me from drowning. It's to cover the belly. The pool was fabulous. The only bummer was the sun kept getting covered by the clouds so I didn't get to work on my tan as much as I wanted to but it was great floating around in the pool. With my natural flotation devices, LOL. Brenda's friend Mikki was also visiting and for some reason she found me to be a riot, EG Could it be the things that come out of my mouth? It was fun floating around the pool gabbing with the girls and trying to avoid being splashed by the kids, LOL. BAM's mom had more energy then all of us slugs, she spent her time playing with the kids but that could be because she was scared to listen to what we were talking about, LOL.

Here is a pic of BAM and I in front of her lovely hydrangas. After we were done with the pool it was time to go inside and gab some more (and maybe snack on more chips, LOL). Then it was time for D and I to go home. The big fireworks display is held by my house and we didn't want to get caught in the crush. We also didn't want to speed going home, between Brenda's and my house we saw 7 cops pulled over giving tickets. I think they mey their quota in one day, LOL.

I hope you all had a wonderful gluttonous holiday. Now I have a week to eat decently before I head to Dallas where I will be drinking my calories, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

10 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Looks like you had a great time!
We stayed home all day & did "home" type stuff. We did go see the fireworks, and they were great (plus we came home after to play with our own fireworks LOL)

I am so glad you had a good time!

NancyB said...

What a fabulous day! I layed around all day Sunday so for me the 4th was a day of work. I started cleaning (I am sure it had nothing to do with the relatives coming later in the month) in the laundry room, hit the kitchen and had to stop partway through the livingroom. That leaves finishing the livingroom and then the 2 bedrooms and the bathroom. As many of you know I am not a meticulous house cleaner (OK I am not really a house cleaner at all!) so this was sorely needed. It feels so nice to walk into the clean half of my house.
Dont worry though - I made it to my parents for barbeque and fireworks. Their new house is on the top of a hill that looks out over the valley - the valley where the reservation that sells illegal fire works is. We had a show from 9:30 until after I left at 11 - it was such a beautiful sight. I know I am getting old when I start to wonder the dollar value of what we watched go up in smoke last night LOL.

Bo said...

Someone thinking you're funny,imagine that,LOL!

I am jealous of the awesome deck & pool the BAM family has! So nice!

Glad you got to be gluttonous yesterday,that's what BBQ is for!

Great pics as usual,and you would have been able to tan here-it was 115 degrees yesterday,barf! I wish WE could have had clouds!

Brenda said...

We all had a blast yesterday. Mom pretends like she doesn't want to hear when we talk about sex, but you notice that she laughs and doesn't leave the table.
She also called this morning & gushed over you & Dao and what lovely, fun ladies you are. Dad's in love with both of you and mom wants to adopt you. You will now be expected to attend at least half of future family functions and my mother will commence trying to fix you & Dao up with the men of her choice.
Again, your boobies look great in the floating pic.
I'm sorry the sun didn't cooperate yesterday, but I'm also glad it wasn't 115 degrees like it was at Bo's. Sheesh.
Were you able to take any pics of the fireworks? I've never seen the Lennox fireworks show, but I've heard it's one of the best in the state. Next year, I'll invite myself over so I can watch 'em with you. ;o)

Rosie said...

Great pics, chica. Looks like you had a wonderful time with the BAM fam. LOL. The pool looks so refreshing!! I liked your burger idea with the slaw. I've had it on dogs too, now I shall try it on a burger. Mmmmm. And Mr. Bam looks like a professional BBQer. Glad you had a blast and got to eat till your tummy was full.

Hugs!!

Nes said...

Man! I'm jealous! From the look of things you guys had a wonderful time! The pool looks divine and so does the food.

I was gonna say; What? No buns? LOL! But of course you had to do yours differently.

Hey Brenda! Stop spoiling Leiha! LOL! First the sex toys now food and a pool party!

*sigh* I'm just jealous... ;)

Melissa said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!

We did like Nancy and worked at home all day.

I had bought a new charcoal grill the day before, so J grilled out burgers for lunch.
He eats cole slaw on his burgers too.

We came to Lenox on the Marta several years ago to see the Christmas lights show. If the fireworks were as good as it, I imagine they were neat.

We had some fireworks here at home, purchased on one of our past trips to Aladamnbama, but the City has it's fireworks show next weekend in conjunction with the Homespun Arts & Crafts Festival. We can see it fairly well from our driveway.

Sarah said...

What a stunning place with all the trees, gorgeous! Sounds like you had the best time chick!

sparkle said...

Leiha, Looks like you and Bam & Fam had lots of fun and food! How come you never have pics of Dao??? I like coleslaw on my pulled pork sandwiches (I use only 1/2 bun) but have never tried it on burgers!

It was 90 degrees here! I made a homemade cherry pie for our neighborhood BBQ!.

I had just started pitting my cherries & broke the pitter! Had to rush to Sur La Table to get a replacement & then to finish my pie! I served it with Brandied Cherries (yes, I made them too) & Cherry Brandy Whip Cream! In my Stars & Stripes Pie Dish! LOL I really can laugh at all of my holiday cooking items!! And I did the top crust with Star Cookie Cutters instead of a Lattice!

Then we watched fireworks over the river! Happy 4th! Today it was back to berry-picking!!

Leiha said...

Missi, you always have a gazillion projects going on at home, ever since we first started talking, I don't know where you get the energy!

When I'm home it takes me days to get around to doing the dishes and I don't cook that often so it's not like there's a lot of dishes to do, LOL.

I love BAM's home. It's gorgeouse!

Ms Dao is picture shy. I know! I bring her along so she can take the non-closeups of me. At least we don't have to fight for the camera, LOL.

Girl, i can't believe you pitted your own cherries for your cherry pie! I bow down to you! I wish I was on hand to sample the pie and the whipped cream, yum!