Sun, skin and food, glorious food...

This weekend Mr BAM was out of town so Brenda wanted to play. Sounded like a plan to me. She and her friend Mikey came up for lunch at the all you can eat Korean! Mikey got to see me in action at a buffet, luckily she met me previousely, you know how scary I can get. Bring on the food! After lunch we headed to the Super H where Mikey got to see a whole new world, LOL. We bought some king crab legs for dinner. It's all about the next meal, LOL. Luckily we didn't eat to the point of pain because the Super H on weekend has all kinds of samples. They even cooked squid there! We had fun looking at the dried jellyfish in the produce section, don't ask me why. We had no idea it was edible but I guess pretty much everything is.

The drive back to Brenda's was rough. I told them I wouldn't follow since I don't drive as fast as them, LOL. They had to make a stop at Kroger's and still beat me but in my defense, I made a wrong turn. Is that a good defense? BAM has a wonderful pool so we all changed and headed out there. She has a ton of floaties to choose from and since there weren't any kiddies around I felt safe enough to use a raft (I don't want to be upended by a rowdy kid, LOL). It was quite relaxing and since it was only the ladies I asked if they minded if I took my top off. I thought I might as well work on my tan almost all over *G*. Since they have boobies of their own they didn't mind so off my top went. The sun kept coming in and out of the clouds and finally when it looked like it wasn't coming back out and I was cold I went inside. The girls stayed out chatting while I took a nap, LOL. Hey, the drive was long!

Once it darkened and they came in Brenda heated up some crab legs for us. She was too full to eat but not me, LOL. I had also picked up some pastries from the korean bakery for them to try but they didn't really eat them so I ate them, LOL. They were delish! The bread was so soft and it was filled with butter cream. The crab was good too! I devoured mine (surprised?). By then I was full as a bull and Brenda wanted to slice some watermelon for me, I passed, LOL.

So we were hanging out in the living room chatting til the wee hours. Around 1am the girls came in from having a smoke and said let's head to the pool. I was like, "huh?" I had no interest in getting bit by more bugs (I have many bites, the price I pay for being so sweet) but then Mikey mentioned we were going skinny dipping. Count me in! I had never skinny dipped before, I know, I am a sheltered girl and you all know how conservative I am! Brenda tried to back out but we wouldn't let her. So we threw off our clothes and had what we called every male's wet dream when they picture 3 women having a sleepover together. Too bad we didn't wrestle while we were in the pool. It was fun floating around in the pool, til I got cold (coud it be because I was nekkid?) then it was time to go inside. I went to bed at 2am while the party girls stayed up til 3am. The last thing B said to me was what time could she wake me up? I told her not before 8:30am.

At 9:30am I dragged my butt out of bed and went upstairs. I was happy that she let me sleep in. That would be because she was still sleeping! Never one to look a gift horse in the mouth I went back to bed and read til they got up and came and got me, LOL. We went to brunch at Ryan's buffet. Yes, it was the weekend of the buffet, LOL. Yes, I will drag my ass to the gym to make up for it. They didn't have the sauteed mushrooms out so I asked and they sauteed us up some mushrooms while I waited, now that is service!

Mikey went home after watching me in action again (I do love the buffets) and B and I headed back to her house for more pool time. We had a couple of quality hours in the sun and I finished the book I had started, Crazy Sweet by Tara Jantzen which I thoroughly enjoyed. I tried the super large raft which was nice but it was too big and I couldn't navigate it. B had to come rescue me a couple of times. So I went back to my handy floatie donut and spent a lot of time in the deep end kicking my legs while reading, my low impact version of working out, LOL. I had to get out of the water when the sun disappeared behind the clouds and eventually we moved inside to lounge around some more. Of course, as soon as I put away the cushions for the lounger the sun came back out, grrrr.

I told Brenda that I wasn't leaving til I had some of the watermelon she promised me all weekend, LOL. So I had one more meal and then decided it was time to head home. It was a wonderfully relaxing weekend with great company. OK, my tan doesn't look fierce, have I mentioned I'm the whitest person in my family? It takes time to build up to fierce, LOL. Right now I'm at about a kitten purr but I'm working my way to fierce. I just need to leave the house again, hmmmm, that could be a problem.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

9 Mannions Speak :

sparkle said...

Leiha, I can't believe the amount of Buffets in one weekend!!! LOL

Now as to skinny dippin'...Where have you been??? I've tried it in
pools, rivers, the ocean, hot tubs...Can you guess I'm a Water Sign?

As for the Male wet dream, if you had topped your skinny dipping off with a pillow fight in Panties, holding a beer you would be their "Hat Trick"!

Chez said...

Leiha honey you are the buffet queen. Well done I'm supremely jealous.

Haven't skinny dipped in years (no way I'm showing any people but hubby my wibbly bits) but I did used to enjoy it ... floaty freedom LOL.

I think Sparkle has nabbed the total male wet dream there.

Anonymous said...

I love skinny dipping. I haven't done it in years, but there is a joyous feeling of freedom!

Sounds like a great time. I had a girls' weekend last weekend. We've been doing it once or twice a year for 17-18 years. I love them!

Brenda said...

I couldn't believe it when you said you'd never been skinny dipping. My pool is honored that your first nekkid-butt/skinny-dipping experience was there.
It was a great weekend, but I am worn out and still a bit hungover. I need another weekend to rest. ;o)

Leiha said...

Linda, you may be a water sign but I am a All U Can Eat sign, LOL.

It was fun to skinny dip. Now i need to work on strip poker, something I've never done either, LOL.

Karen, girls weekends are a must! I'm glad that you just had one.

Bo said...

I would never be able to skinny dip except in front of my hubby,even if I was skinny,LOL.
It does feel great,though!

I'm also jealous of the buffets! Esp. the fact that they did fresh sauteed mushrooms for you.My fave buffet here has them,but half the time they are too squishy and icky.
And I don't think I would ever be too full to eat King Crab,yum!!!

What a great time the three of you had!

Anonymous said...

I have never been skinny dipping either! I feel so left out. I hope I don't lose my title because of that!

Leiha said...

Brenda, isn't it funny how we always need time to recover? I hope that you get a chance this week to relax and recover. Your pool popped my cherry. I don't have many of those left, EG!

Bo, I'm already craving more king crab. I really need to stock up next time and stick them in my freezer so I can have a leg at my leisure, LOL.

I must say, the mushrooms really enhanced the experience!

Sara, I think you do well living up to your name. I know I have been the lucky recipient, LOL.

Rosie said...

What a great weekend! Between the good food and the good company, and the rest of course, you had it made! I've never tried skinny dipping (for obvious reasons, LOL), but maybe one day . . . Okay, and the "All you can eat" sign made me LOL here at work. Thanks, chica!! LOL.