Skip it!

Not my post, of course but last night I went to see 1408 and it was more dud then stud. I decided I needed to get my lazy butt out of the house so I called my neighbor Shannon to see if she wanted to go see a movie with me and since her plans with Franklin fell through she was all for it. She wanted to see 1408 but I didn't, I don't like scary movies. Since we were going to the movie theater that had food we were limited in what were were seeing and because it was last minute it really limited us. We decided to see Ocean's 13. Too bad when we got there it was sold out! S was happy because guess what wasn't sold out and fit our schedule? Yup!

Well, at least we got food. We were both starving. We ordered wings and nachos with the works and a pitcher or beer. The beer was for her, LOL. I had water. So they took our order just before the movie started and 45 minutes later they bring the beer and an hour and a half later they bring the food. The nachos were soggy. Apparently all of the movies sold out and they weren't prepared for it. I'm sorry, how can you not be prepared for your movies to sell out on a weekend? We didn't pay for the nachos and the wait staff was saying it's not their fault and I was saying, well it's not mine either. I guess people didn't show up for work who were supposed to but S said she'd been there 3 times in the last couple of weeks and had the same problem so I won't be going back even though the wings were pretty good. Plus, they didn't have seasoning for the popcorn, I am on a quest, dang it!

As for the movie, sure there were a lot of times when I was watching it between my fingers but it still wasn't that scary, I'm just a chicken. What I didn't like about it was that it was anti-climatic and didn't explain why. Save it for a video. Or rather DVD, LOL.

What I would like to see is the new Die hard. If anyone has seen it, let me know what you think.

Dao and I have a friend who owns a Vietnamese sammich shop and this week she has her first catering gig for a Vietnamese Baptist Convention (who knew?) and since she's such a small operation we volunteered to help. What the heck were we thinking? D is much nicer then I and helped all day with the set up. I didn't show up until it was time to serve the food. My job was to fill the soup bowls, let me tell you, I was working up sweat! I was there for 3 hours and am now in bed recovering. Of course since she's a friend we're not being paid....in cash. I brought along plenty of tupperware and will reap the benefits of my hard work tomorrow, of course, I have to go back tomorrow but I have plenty of tupperware. I put one of the bowls of soup in the freezer. Good thing I have lots of tupperware, I'm stocking my fridge and freezer, LOL. Tomorrow is BBQ pork night. Today I brought home fried rice and soup. I much rather prefer Vietamese fried rice, the rice is more yellow because they crack several eggs into the rice, tasted almost like mom's! She used to use spam, tonight they had chinese sausage but if you make it at home try it with bacon, delish! The soup ws a thicker meatier version of egg drop, yummmmmm.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Mannions Speak :

Sarah said...

Sounds yum! But I cannot believe you had to miss out on that BBQ flavoured popcorn?

Have to share the dessert I made last night. Ginger and brown sugar topping, pineapple steam pudding. Cooked in a sealed container for 1 and 1/2 hours. It was sooo nice! Plue jamie Oliver fish dish, with a scalloped potatoes top, cream, cheese and fennel. I now need to eat corrots for the rest of the week.

I would defnitely go see Transformers, it was a hoot. Am also keen on seeing the latest Die Hard, let me know what its like when you do chick.

Brenda said...

I'm going to have to try your friend's shop next time I'm there. Isn't this convention several days long??? That's the Baptists for ya.
My little sister came in late last night (drove from OK) and I haven't got to see her yet. I'm glad you & Dao will get to meet her. She's not cool like me & Debbie (snicker), she's a bit of a prude, but we love her anyway.
What is UP with Franklin, lately? Is he a drama-queen or what? Sounds like his plans with everyone have been falling through. I'd say 'spank him' but he'd probably like it.
I've never been to a movie theatre that serves food. That sounds so California-ish to me! You'll have to take me there some time just so I can experience it once. I'll buy you some popcorn seasoning and we'll smuggle it in. I'm with you on the scary movies. I only like the old-timey ones like Godzilla and The Creature From the Black Lagoon. Those are too hokey to be scary. I'd like to see the New Die Hard, too. Bruce has aged fairly well.
As for tomorrow, if you want to bring one or two (or three) of your, uh, guy-dancer friends, FEEL FREE!!! I don't care if they're gay as long as they're good eye-candy. All I can do is look anyway...and fantasize. Sighhhh.
But please, no twinkies. Hehehe

;o)

Rosie said...

Eww, sorry to hear the movie wasn't that good, and neither was the food. You were right not to pay for the nachos. I wouldn't have either! And here I was looking forward to another good scary movie in 1408. Oh well, it'll be on dvd sooner rather than later, I guess. I, too, want to see the new Die Hard. I love Bruce in those movies!! The boys want to see Transformers this weekend, so we'll see. That's such a cool idea that they serve beer and food at the theatres. I don't know of any that do that here, unless you get the private movie booth. Of course, I'm hoping to get that for Harry Potter!

That was nice of you to help with the catering event. Cash would have been nice, but at least you'll have a full tummy for a while. *G* All that food sounds so good!!

Hugs!!

Bo said...

Soggy nachos suck! I can't believe you had to wait so long for the food,and then all the excuses they made,ugh! I HATE when a place tries to blame it on the short-staffing,so good for you for saying it wasn't your fault,either! Sorry you had to sit through a bad scary movie,too,LOL.I don't mind scary movies,but they have to be good.The Shining is my fave horror flick.I liked Ocean's 11 but not 12,and 13 does look interesting.

You won't have to cook for a few days now,that would make me help with catering right there,EG!

Leiha said...

I can't find that seasoning anywhere! You would think all movie theaters would have it now, it's the only reason I would pay outrageous prices for the popcorn.

You dessert sounds delish as does the rest of the food. I love scalloped potatoes, which is why I don't make it. I could eat a whole pan of it, LOL.

I am thinking I am going to have to see at least one of those 2 movies.

Yup, the convention lasts til Thur but we told them we weren't going to work on the 4th.

It'll be fun to see your whole family in action. Franklin is always like that, LOL. Well we're not going to this theater, it was awful. If I ha dancers on call I would be getting my fireworks a different way, EG!

Rosie, it seems like there's usually one theater in most major cities that serve food. I never made it to the one in Los Angeles but I know they had it. Of course, having a private box is way cooler, LOL.

The worst part was the nachos made me want real nachos! I love them. I'll have to satisfy my craving sometime this week.

I've already plowed my way through the food I brought home yesterday. I didn't think I would be home during the day or else I would have brought home more food, LOL.

Nes said...

Ok, I haven't heard of this scary movie. But since it's not good anyways, I'll wait for it to come out on DVD. Thanks.

Bummer about the nachos. I can so totally hear you saying: "Well it's not our fault either" LOL. And what?!? No seasoned popcorn?!? I know how much you love your seasoned popcorn and it's prolly the only thing that will get you out of the house to the theaters..

That was sweet of you and Dao to help out a friend in need. And girl, free food is better than money! Especially if you know the food is A quality!

I think Su mentioned that she saw Die Hard. I've been trying to make reservations but it's sold out during the weekends. Heh. I'd also like to see Transformers, but am in no rush to do that. I want some John McClane first. LOL.