Can you say OOPS?

Su and I are practicing discretion this time around and not grabbing every single book that we see, LOL. We were at one of the signings and I saw Linda Winstead Jones was there. I absolutely LOVED her Raintree book. Linda Howard wrote the first one and LWJ wrote Gideon's story and while I was leery I actually enjoyed the 2nd book better. LWJ was out of books but I still had to tell her how much I enjoyed her book and then proceeded to tell her I liked it MORE than Linda Howard's at which point I notice who is standing next to her. That would be the one and only Linda Howard!!!!!!! OMG, you know it takes a lot to embarrass me. Well, this would be a lot! I about died! And of course Ms Howard had heard what I said. Luckily she was extremely cool and she leaned in and said, I liked her book better too. That did not stop the blush that had started at my forehead and made its way down to my feet, LOL. But since there weren't any books left we asked for a picture instead. Linda Howard thought she was taking the picture, I was like, hello, you are STILL Linda Howard, LOL. Ms Howard is on the right side for those who have never met La Linda. I think I've had enough booze to dull the pain and embarrassment, but just barely!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

5 Mannions Speak :

Chez said...

HAHAHA I can't believe you got caught like that. I would die meeting Linda Howard. Couldn't you have tied her up in a corner until she invented a new MacKenzie cousin or something. I still reread those books every year. Haven't read the Raintree books, but will have to check into it. Just finished reading her Drop Dead Gorgeous which was wonderful. I laughed so hard I ended up doing that snorty thing that had hubby running in to see if I was choking or something.

What's with the lemon? Enquiring minds wish to know.

NancyB said...

oops... that is so funny Leiha :) I am glad to hear you to are staying out of trouble! LOL
Look at it this way... I bet La Linda wont forget you, is she on your christmas card list yet?

Leiha said...

LOL Chez, we have a bowl full of fake lemons and we were drunk. That's the story *G*.

Sarah said...

You got to stand next to la Linda??? You lucky duck!!

Rosie said...

I bow in awe to you and Su for getting a pic with LH. Man, I'm so jealous.

But your story about Linda overhearing you is too funny. Sounds like she was really cool, though. That's totally a want to crawl into the floor moment, chick! LOL!!

Hugs!