Your guest blogger Nancine....

Ever have one of those days... or weeks LOL. Nothing bad has happened, life is just bouncing along and it hits - BANG! Your in a mood - that is what is happening for me today. In the past I have "treated" said mood with lots of sleep and ice cream (and if it is really bad a dose of chocolate). As you all know in my quest to be healthy (that is a lie, it really is just a quest to be skinny so I can buy normal people sized clothes and find a man - but turns out you have to be healthy to do that) I have cut out the ice cream (and mayo, cheese, blended coffee drinks...) and started to work out. How does a healthy person treat a mood???

I was forced to make contact with the outside world with a few phone calls and bless the girls who spoke to me even though I was whiney and crabby. That helped... then I forced myself to do the dreaded trip to the gym. Now don't tell anyone I said this but I felt way better... and hardly crabby after that. I am afraid I am turning into one of those darn people who miss when they dont work out... and who knows, maybe someday I will actually enjoy it LOL.

How do the rest of you treat "the dreaded mood"? I don't know if it is all the way gone and I need all the non-ice cream help I can get!
Share on Google Plus

About NancyB

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Mannions Speak :

Sarah said...

Loud music in the car and a rant about how stupid people are to the dh, who listens and says things like, "Oh noes, that's terrible love!" He is very understanding that people are just silly, even when I am sure he is just a wee bit skeptic!
If that is not working, the thing that really does it is Jackass. I know, they are so puerile and ghastly but the whole hurting thing and silliness just does it for me. Go figure!

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I stay away from everyone, and loud angry music always calms me.

I drive, crank up the tunes and if all else fails hit the switch LOL

Sorry I missed your call Hon, but with regards to your message, I'll try harder to be bad LMAO

Leiha said...

Hmmm, I don't really think I get in a mood. I guess if I'm upset about something I vent, mostly to my guest blogger Nancine, LOL but other then that I am not really moody.

I say curl up in bed (after your workout) and enjoy a good book! I hope that this week goes better for you chick, I'm going to use you as my gymspiration!

Chez said...

Well shit shirley you take away all the good stuff (bad food and alcohol) and of course you get in a mood. What to do about it? Well make someone else suffer too. It's really the best solution. You let your inner bitch out to play and make nasty hideous comments about complete strangers that happen to be passing by. You don't vocalise these comments, they can be just a nice nasty inner monologue detailing all the bad shoes, crappy dye jobs, snotty people and stuff. If someone particularly pretty goes by, well obviously they need to have a terrible story that brings their bubble back down to size. After a while of letting all the horrid comments go through your inner dialogue you usually start feeling a tad guilty and feel compelled to offer the poor passers by a better deal like "well that bad dye job is obviously because their hairdresser moved, it's not their fault". See you eventually work you way back to being a nicer person through complete degradation and wallowing. Of course then you have to deal with the inner guilt at having been a cow to so many people (even though they don't know). Still guilt can be dealt with better than ..the mood.

Nes said...

I usually vent/rant. I drive around and listen to what I call "anger-management" music.

I also play tennis. LOL.

Rosie said...

Usually if I'm in a mood, I can submerse myself in a good book and forget about life. That works for me since I'm trying to not eat out of frustration anymore myself. But it's damned hard.

Congrats on going to the gym and working out your bad mood. I'm glad that worked and that really is such a good thing!!

Hugs!