Today I entered the promised land...

I've heard rumors of such a place but today was my first actual experience. You all know how much I love me some Target, well here in Atlanta, they have Super Targets (insert choir music here). Since I have a Target literally right down the street from me I haven't ventured out but I had to see for myself, especially when Nes was curious about the whole Target thing. So I promised her pics. I didn't take that many because I didn't want someone to ask about the taking of the pictures, LOL. I knew I was in trouble when I walked in the door and started putting things in my cart (which I later put back, LOL). I think the difference between a Target and a Super Target is ST sells groceries (which I didn't venture into except to grab some cucumbers, 2 for a dollar, beats the 79 cents for one I pay at Krogers). Targets pretty much have everything. A great reason to go is the relatively inexpensive prices. I bought the new Linda Howard for 25% off the cover price (all books are 25% off) so I try to buy new books there. After perusing the books and electronics aisle I headed down past guitars to the Xmas decorations to buy some wrapping paper. When shopping a Tarjay (the nickname for T) you should always shop the end caps (end of the aisles) because that is where they put the clearance items. And I am all about clearance, LOL. I know how much Nes loves sunglasses, that's right, we even have tons of those at our disposal at ST. And let me say, I look great in sunglasses, even with stickers on them.The hard thing about shopping at a place like this is trying to decide what you don't need. Like the almond bark and pretzels I was going to buy to make chocolate covered pretzels and the sparkling cider and sparkling lemonade, I didn't need them. I also put back the poinsettia I was going to get because I was spending enough money, LOL. In the end I still ended up buying $120 worth of goods, not all things I needed but on some I just couldn't pass up. I normally don't spend quite that much but I needed replacement heads for my toothbrush (not for the reason Nes would need them) and I even bought a new bra. I know, it's a shock but I do wear one when you can see my nipples through my shirt. That's my rule of thumb (or rather rule of nip). For my money other then the things I've already mentioned I got 3 boxers, 4 tanks (2 of them workout ones), soap, moisturizer, face scrub, yoga pants and hair rubber bands.

Now this item I bought a few weeks ago but haven't had a chance to post yet. It's one of my most favorite recent purchases. I needed something to put my extra toilet paper rolls in in the bathroom since there is no closet in there and it always pays to have emergency rolls close at hand (especially with as often as I go). I was shopping at my neighborhood T and saw a wine rack for $10 on clearance! Take out the wine inserts and I have the perfect addition to my bathroom (for 10 freaking dollars!!!!). My neighbor still kicks himself in the butt for not picking one up too.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Mannions Speak :

Bo said...

Reading this makes me realize a few things:

1.I have a Target here in town,that has GREAT deals every time I'm in there,and I need to take advantage more often
2.Christmas shopping & stress take up WAAAAY too much of my time *G* and...
3.I miss you.

Finding the perfect sunglasses is a must.I am super picky about sunglasses.

You know what I really love about Target,is their home decor stuff-lamps,pillows,pic frames,etc.Now,I have yet to buy anything *G* ,but they have some cool stuff.

Leiha said...

Awwww Bo, thank you! Dang, that one comment may make me change my mind about not attending the sleepover next year. I miss you too!

I agree with you about the home decor at Target. I love wandering through those aisles. I have to resist the urge to buy more picture frames but I have to first get around to printing my pictures out before I buy more frames (I have a couple sitting in my closet waiting for pictures, LOL).

As for Xmas shopping, haven't done much (OK, any). I really do believe I'll be passing that chore onto one of my sisters, LOL.

Now get your butt to Target chick!

Nes said...

OMG! It's HUGH!!! LOL! I think I wouldn't know where to start out when I go there! What a hoot! You taking those pics there. What would people have been thinking! LOL. Thanks! I love how we love taking pics! LMFAO!

I could probably wander in that store for hours and hours and hours! And come home with things that are impulse buys.

Love the glasses chick! And I agree with Bo. And you've got the new Howard! WAAAAAAA! And darn it! I knew I forgot to add something in your package. I'll see if I can still send them off tomorrow if I have time. And FYI, I haven't tried it out yet. LMFAO.

I'm gonna miss you.

Leiha said...

Girl, the pics don't even convey how big it was in there, you would be in heaven!

LOL at taking the pics, I felt like I was scoping the joint. I tried to be as incognito as possible (except the self portrait which you know was a must!).

My new toothrush head was really fast, gave me all kinds of ideas, LMAO!

I just grabbed some glasses for the pic, I do look good in them, LOL.

Ann I definitely need a TSC! The only problem is when I'm with someone I usually end up buying more, we talk each other into things, LOL.

Rosie said...

Girl, I get into enough trouble in the Target Heartland stores. But this? I'd be broke. These days I love the T-store way more than Walmart. And I spend way more money there. I know what you mean about putting things back that aren't necessary. I do that all the time cuz they have such cool and different stuff. And, again, I am so not surprised that you took pics in the store. LMFAO!!!

Leiha said...

I agree, I'm way more a fan of Target then Walmart, part of it is Targets have always been more accesable to me. They are opening a walmart soon though so that shall be interesting to see if it changes how I shop.

If I'm not getting a lot of things then I let myself get away with buying more fripperies but since I knew I was already getting a ton of crap I had to rein myself in, this time, LOL.