What? More food you say? Alright then!

Friday Nancy and I went to this sandwhich shop called the Fickle Pickle. It's in this cute little town called Roswell. The shop is inside a victorian house where you go to the counter to eat and then sit and the bring it to you. I saw this place online and read raves so of course we checked it out! Trying to stand at a counter and order is tough because you don't have time to really look at the menu. Nancy ordered a tuna melt without realizing they had reubens. I went with the horseradish beef, I am a fan of both, LOL, I was torn between that and the salmon but she recommended the beef. As my side I got the caribbean clam chowder, I had never had this version of clam chowder, I was a fan.
And as for the sandwhich, the greens on it were so light and fresh that I enjoyed every bite. Although I did save half because I wanted ice cream after lunch, LOL. I also read that we had to try the fried pickles (natch). I have to say, I wasn't impressed. I think there wasn't a good pickle to batter ratio. I needed more pickle flavor although the remoulade dipping sauce was fantastic I wouldn't order these again. What I would order again would be the carrot cake cookie. I also read about these so had to try them. I'm not even a big fan of carrot cake but this cookie was delish, we started devouring before I remembered to take a pic.It was chewy, it was soft, it was moist, it was perfect!

After we ate we walked around Roswell looking in some of the cute little shops that they had. I spent a fortune at a yarn store. The saleslady was aghast that I bought my yarn at Michael's and Wal Mart, a big no no in the world of crocheting and knitting. Spending what I spent on yarn there is a big no no in the world of Leiha. But the yarn is beautiful and hopefully I can tear myself away from the computer long enough for me to make something, LOL. We also went into this art gallery/gift shop to look around and the women offered us up martinis. This will be my new favorite place to shop. I had a tangerine martinie and she even sugared the rim! She's having a trunk sale the day after Thanksgiving with champagne. I'm going to try to talk Dao into going with me, she will drive, of course, LOL. After we got our ice cream and wandered some more we went home because it was my nap time.

For dinner we were debating over what to do. We had planned on doing the all u can eat crab legs and trivia but you know after my nap I was a bit groggy, Nancy said we could stay home since we had been going out a lot at night, I pointed out we actually only went out one night, after Lina left, LOL. So I got my second wind and off we went to feast and answer trivia. Unfortuntely, this is one of the places where you have to do the trivia from the beginning. Which is probably good, we weren't doing that well. They had a lot of sports questions. In a sports bar, who would have thunk? We did make the most of the crab legs though.
I have to say, compared to me, Nancy is an amateur. What can I say, I'm a professional crab eater (hmmm, does that sound right?). We did as much damage as we could do to the crab, which really was only 2 plates full each. Well, I did finish my plate, Nancy could not, like I said, an amateur. The problem is I can't just get full on crabs. I love seafood buffets but they have to be balanced out with something else. In this case, we ordered the mini hamburgers. They hit the spot! They weren't that mini but they were plain and did what they needed to do:) The desserts looked good but we refrained. Actually, I told Nancy if another place was open we could have dessert but they were not, thank goodness!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

5 Mannions Speak :

Nes said...

LMFAO!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable how you can eat so much, L!!! I would hve been full after the sammich.

So you're a professional "crap" eater, eh? LOL!!!

You should be a food critic. Wait you already are.. LOL. Believe me when I say, I can wait till the next food pictures which will be the potluck with Dao. LOL.

Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Gennita said...

You are making me hungry.

Rosie said...

LMAO, I caught the professional "crap" eater comment too. That's one that even spell check wouldn't pick up on. Hahaha!!! All that food looks totally awesome, except for the fried pickles. I've heard of them, but they just don't sound good to me. But that carrot cake cookie. Can you ship me, oh, say a dozen? *G*

Bo said...

I swear,you ALWAYS find the best food,no matter what part of the world you are in,LOL.

I love it when Red Lobster has AYCE
crab legs,but you're right-it's hard to get full on just that.I get exasperated that it takes so long,cracking & extracting the crab meat.Gimme a lobster tail & a plate of shrimp scampi instead. *G*

I don't think I could do fried pickles,but fried zucchini is yummy if done right.

Sounds like you & Nanner have had a great time!

Bo

Leiha said...

LOL, the sad thing is I proofread it before I posted it. BTW, only ate half the sammich, I saved room for my ice cream (and we split the cookie).

hey jenna!

The carrot cake cookie was the bomb. They say they sell out every day. I'll bring some the next time I come to Vegas.

Bo, we had a great time eating, LOL. I love crab so I'm willing to work for it but surf and turf is definitely better, a nice balance.