Home made chicken pot pie!

You know what my favorite kind of food is, don't you? The kind where I don't have to cook! Monday we drove up to Chattanooga, TN which is a couple of hours north to visit with Nancy's relatives. And by we I mean Nancy drove while I slept but since se has been sleeing in every morning, I didn't feel guilty. I packed road food and since Lina wasn't the one packing the road food it was jerky and chips time but we did eat some grapes and apples too.

Nancy's great uncle and his wife live in this gorgeous house on Stone mountain. We only had to call for directions twice, not too bad. Since we got a later start then we had planned we were going to stop for lunch but her aunt said for us not to eat so it was only road food for us and then of course it was social time. They had their two grandkids there, one of them only a few weeks old and they were precious but man, I was hungry! She did bring out some artichoke dip which we chowed on. After my second helping she pulled another dip out of the oven It had kalamata olives, pine nuts, artichoke hearts and tomatoes with goat cheese in the middle. It was heavenly! I was worried that I wouldn't be able to save room for dinner but somehow I was able to make room for the home made chicken pot pie, which Su has never had so she demanded pics. Laurie used biscuits on top instead of a pie crust. Yes, it was as good as it looked. The rest of our food she bought from a restaurant that specializes in take out casseroles. We had chicken san francisco, don't know what's in it but it was yummie, there was some kind of cheese in it though. Also had asparagus, corn flaked covered potatoes, which I love, my friend makes a version he calls white trash potatoes, corn pudding, never had it before but I enjoyed it and a peach cobbler which was the only dud in the bunch. Take a gander at my dinner plate. I was so full I coulnd't have seconds, until later on in the night, EG!

Our trip to Chattanooga was a quickie. We stayed Monday night and left Tue afternoon. We didn't do much other then socialize and eat, which you know makes both Nancy and I happy.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

9 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

I have some friends who just moved to Chattanooga. You coulda said hey!

The food looked divine. Some of my favorite kind of food.

Glad you and Nancy are having so much fun.

Anonymous said...

I used to live on Signal Mountain and went to Red Bank High School in Chattanooga. I also was a waitress at The Chattanooga Choo-Choo over my college summer breaks!

My folks moved my senior year in college so the last time I visited was for my 10 Year Reunion and I was preg-o with Ian.

Now you know alittle bit more about MICH "-)!!!!

Nes said...

Did you sing Chattanooga Choo-Choo? LOL!

Chick i was expecting to see pics of shoes not food! Heh!

Glad you and Nanner are having a blast. I'm jealous.

Anonymous said...

I haven't been there in a year or so, but I didn't know they'd moved Stone Mountain to Chattanooga, lol.

We love Chattanooga. We can get there in about an hour and half from here, although once we made in just over an hour because we had a reservation for the River Boat lunch cruise.

If you like that sort of thing (like I do) you should go back up in December and go see the Fantasy in Lights at Rock City.

The homemade chicken pot pie looked yummy.

Leiha said...

The weather as crappy Karen but I definitely wouldn't mind going back there again. How do they cook?

D'oh, it was signal mountain, not stone, I was tired when I posted last night, LOL. I had forgotten you used to live there Ms Mich. I always associate you with Texas. Sometimes I think I know too much about Mich, EG!

Girl, I'm playing catch up, don't worry, the shoes will come!

Missi, there are so many ares in GA I want to check out. Whenever Barb comes out to visit we're going to Savannah and of course I have to check out Athens too. I don't usually go out of my way for Xmas decorations but I ooh and ahhh at the mall, LOL.

Rosie said...

God, that food looks so good. I have a recipe for a chicken pot pie with biscuits on top. I'm thinking I may have to throw that together this weekend. Mmmmmm. Thanks for making me hungry, missy, and it's only 11:00 here. The trip to Chattanooga sounds fun. Especially with two girlfriends just hanging together for the trip.

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I am SO jealous!

I'm gonna come & camp on your doorstep until you let me in Leiha, you just wait & see. Heh!

I want to see pics of you & Nancine.
Come on! What's up with the pic shortage!?

MWAH!

Leiha said...

Rosie, chicken pot pie is sooo yummie, perfect for a brisk fall day!

Aimee, my home is yours, we've already shared a bed:)

Anonymous said...

Mich, my friends moved to Signal Mountain! Maybe they live in your old house.