A milestone....

I am a couple of hits away from my 10,000th hit on my blog! It's amazing since I remember when I got excited if I had 5 hits a day. My tens of fans have gone and multiplied on me! I thought I would take this moment to celebrate, and rub it in to the girls who started a blog after me, LOL.

Of course, the main reason of posting this is to talk about you all, my friends! This year has been the biggest roller coaster of my life. I've never cried so much yet I also feel like I've had the highest highs of my life too. It's been an action packed ride beginning with the reason I started this blog. I was moving. Leaving LA after over 8 years, truly a momentous occasion. The move was out of the blue and sudden and personal but I did want to keep in contact with everyone without writing the same emails about my move and all that followed and blog seemed like the perfect way. Who knew how much work it would involve On the days when I did stuff it was easy to blog but what about the days I didn't? Those are the days you would get my musings on life, which I'm sure you look forward to, LOL. Like I told Nes, with blogging, comes responsibility. Just because I was a lazy ass that day doesn't mean you shouldn't have something to read when you wake up in the morning (you all notice I am an evening poster for the most part).

I have been incredibly blessed in the friends department. I actually feel like I have too many friends if there is such a thing. That's part of the reason I have felt no need to go out and make friends when I moved here. I have tons. Just because you're not local doesn't mean that you're not a part of my everyday life. Friends take a lot of work. I know I am more in contact with people then some others but that is because I give to my friends what they give me and they give me so much. I have friends I talk to a couple of times a year and friends I talk to a couple of times a day yet I know no matter who you are if I needed to, I could call at anytime or ask anything. How awesome is that? I used to say I had a lot of acquaintances and very few actual friends but I can no longer say that. I have been blessed with such truly giving loving friends and with each year the list grows, especially this past year. I have had to lean on my friends more then ever and you were there for me. Don't be upset if I didn't call you, like I said, I'm blessed and there are tons of people I could call and I know that but just knowing you're there. I never take one post for granted. I know lots of you lurk and that's ok because I know you're here but I do love reading your posts, they make me laugh.

I always say it's harder to make friends as an adult. Yet here I am, with more friends then I can count. Sometimes we take each other for granted because so many times a friendship just is, there's no need to put it into words. But sometimes it's nice to say thank you for being my friend. So this is my love letter to you all. Because you bring joy into my life. My life is so much better for having you in it. Shoot, I'm making myself cry, LOL. As much as I love my family, it's my friends who get me through the tough times in my life and it's my friends who I share my joys with too. I love you, my dear friends.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Mannions Speak :

Nes said...

Great post chick! And I can totally relate! You're a great friend. Honest, to the point, sweet and always supportive. There are times when some of your truths hurts but that's when I know you're a great friend because real friends tell each other the truth, even if it hurts. They don't just blow sunshine up your ass and your honesty is what I cherish most.

I love you chica. I'm so happy that after losing touch with each other for a couple of years we have found each other again.

You rock!!!

Rachael Narins said...

Are you drunk?


xoxox

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I love ya chica,
You have more than been there for me, just about the only friend who has seen me cry LOL!
I'm so glad to have you in my life, and we have been out of contact for stretches, but I have known I could call you too.
Great friendships don't take much effort, like you said, they just are!
MWAH!

Leiha said...

LOL, not everyone is so lucky to get the blunt honesty you get. Don't you feel special? I love you too and thank you for being there for me when I needed it.

Rachael, I am allowed sentimentality every now and again! Don't worry, I'll be back in bitch mode soon enough!

Aimee, I'll cry with you anytime. We can be ugly together! mwah!

Rosie said...

Wow, chick, that is a milestone. Congrats. You have had one hell of a year and I'm glad that I was able to share it with you through your blogs. I'm so glad to have you to call my friend, little one. (((HUGS)))

NancyB said...

We all need that special friend to tell us we look like Ass! I am especilly lucky to have Leiha as a friend because as she says... she gives what she gets. When I did not return her letters in th army (yes kids before the internet) I should have been kicked to the curb. Lucky for me instead she came home, tracked me down (not hard, I lived one or two miles from mom and dads) and kicked my ass for not returning her letters.
Since then we have been roomates, confidants, traveling partners, cheerleaders, and best friends. I cant immagine what my life would be like if Leiha was not in it. She opened my world to Rebel, and all my great friends I found there... Who will also tell me if I look like Ass!
Leiha, You are one of a kind, and nothing would be right if you were not around.
Nancy B