an eating extravaganza!

You all know that Korean food is one of my favorites. Nancy also enjoys Korean so we had to go eat at my new fave Korean place while she was here. We ate until we could eat no more. Nancy is in danger of losing her asian sisterhood. The waitress offered to cut her meat for her or to give her a fork she was struggling so much. I explained that she was white. Finally at the end Nanc conceded and let our waitress cut the meat. I'm telling her dad on her!

We have been spending our evenings in but we decided we HAD to go out to one of the best sushi restaurants in town just for Su, LOL. So we even slapped on a little makeup. We were so full we didn't go out until late and Nancy didn't think she would have much of an appetite (trying to recover from lunch) but I knew I could eat so I got the sashimi platter whereas Nancy got the sushi one. When I ordered I asked for no octopus or squid. We were sitting at the bar and the chefs asks about the octopus. I just said I never liked it. Of course, he wants me to try his so he gives us 4 pieces to try on the house. Who am I to say no? Of course, it was the best octopus I ever had and he converted me.
And let's talk about the sushi! Nancy, who wasn't very hungry had no problem dipping into my sashimi, since my plate came first, LOL. The chef asked if we liked monkfish liver. We had never had it. OMG, it was sooo good. It was like pate. Being the friend that I am I even let Nancy have half of it. All of the sushi was yummie. Salmon used to be my fave but I think yellowtail has won me over. Then when we were done I asked Nancy if she had ever had toro, which is a fatty tuna that's like buttah. She has not so we ordered that for dessert. If you love sushi you have to try toro. We had two excellent meals that day!Of course, what better way to top off a great meal then with some champagne so off we went to Morton's! They were closing but we had time to sit there, have drinks and take pictures, LOL. A great way to end a great day! Cheers!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

5 Mannions Speak :

Nes said...

Leiha, what would be your blog without pics of you eating? LMAO!

The food sounds and looks great! I have never tried Korean food myself, maybe next time JK and I go out for dinner, we'll make it Korean.

BTW, you guys look fab!

Aimee Elizabeth said...

You ladies look awesome!
I can tell you're having a great time together!
Leiha, we had the Korean food chat last night, so I don't need to reiterate LOL!
I will say again though that it looks to die for yummy!
Nanner, don't let her make you feel bad, I'm not exactly "adept" with the chopsticks either; there will be no eating of rice with them for me LOL!
Keep the pics coming chic, I love em!

Leiha said...

Nes, your version of vietnamese food was indonesian, I wonder what your version of korean will be? You might want to wait until I can properly iniate you, LOL.

Aimee, I'm going to do som research and I'm going to find a place or Nancy to take you. She knows what to order and you can both use forks *G*!

Linda, you know we love your champagne more! I think our palates are getting better which is a bad thing because that means more money, LOL. We had to make it to Morton's we wouldn't want to disappoint you although I must say, I miss the free drinks your bartenders give us, this chick didn't offer us any, LOL.

Rosie said...

I absolutely love the food and drink pics, chica! That, along with the description of your eats just makes my mouth water. I hate to tell you this, but I think they tore your Korean restaurant down near Palace Station. :-( Glad you two are having a blast!!

Leiha said...

What? now that just sucks! How can I iniate you?