It's never too early...

for Thanksgiving dinner! Last Sunday Dao and I went to her friends 2nd annual Thanksgiving dinner. She had a cute name for it but all I remember is Thanksgiving. For me, the most important feature of my Thanksgiving dinner is the gravy. I actually once went to someone's house one year and they didn't have gravy! I can't even remember who, I thik I blocked it from my mind. Needless to say, from now on, I ask about the gravy. Worst comes to worst, I'll buy canned gravy because honestly, I can't make it but I need something to smother my turkey and mashed potatoes. They actually ran out of gravy here, made me sad because I needed more. I have a large gravy to potatoe ratio, LOL.

Another staple for Thanksiving is stuffing, of which I am not a big fan but I have to say, this one was pretty good and very moist. Green bean casseroles are very poplar also. I prefer fresh broccoli since green bean casseroles are usually over cooked but again, this one wasn't too bad. The big surprise for me was the corn bread. I don't like corn bread (can you beleieve I'm sititng here telling you all of these foods I don't like, shocking, I know). But ths one was made with canned corn, creamed corn, tons of butter and sour cream! No wonder I loved it. I promise to try to get the recipe for you. I didn't bring any leftovers home even though they were offered, I am trying to be good. Now I'm kicking myself in the butt for that mistake! I could have bought gravy!

BUT, these people are really my people. Do you know what we did after dinner? We played a game! OMG, I was in heaven. It's been so long. I can't remember the name of th game we played but it was a word version of hot potatoe and we had to toss around this machine with words and it beeped and would beep faster the closer it was getting to going off and it was highly stressful. I loved it! We stayed for 3 games. Unfortunately, we lost 2 out of 3. As we were leaving she opened her closet and there were rows and rows of games. I was in love. I will definitely be back there for game night, if I can drag my butt away from the girls!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Mannions Speak :

Rosie said...

Yeahhhhh, your first Thanksgiving dinner. And it looked quite good. As for the cornbread, that's the same recipe I make every year and it ends up that only Mike and I eat it. Mark and V don't care for it. So, wanna fly to Vegas and share my dinner? *G*

Nes said...

I was wondering when you were gonna post a pic of some food from your potluck. LOL!!

And I agree..... GRAVY!!!