My Dr's visit....

I was hoping that since it was the day before Thanksgiving and I got there as soon as the clinic opened that the wait wouldn't be long and it wasn't! I was the 2nd person there. Right away I got my blood pressure and temperature taken. Then she asked me my weight, no scale, I didn't lie, too much, LOL. The nurse was sweet but she had more hair on her chin then a lot of the men I know. Then I had to get checked in, again quick. Then another nurse took me in the back to talk to me. She wasn't very warm, you know how friendly I am. She was not having any of it. She said if I drank a lot of water I shouldn't have a UTI. I told her I drank a lot of water and I peed a lot. Then she sort of gave me grief for drinking so much water if it makes me pee! Anyway, when I was done with her I went to the labs. Again no wait which was awesome.

I went in the back and there was a young guy BSing with 2 of his co-workers, they were trying to figure out where they were going to party they had all of this booze, on and on. I told my guy my veins are hard to find. I wanted him to pay attention, LOL. he starts feeling the side of my arm. I told him no one has ever drawn blood from there! I did have one lady take it from my forearm once, didn't like that. But I should not have had any doubts. He not only took blood from my elbow, he took it painlessly. As I was leaving I told them they were going to end up sitting at home playing playstation, I turned down their offer to party at my place. I also had to pee in a cup, I swear, the only time I wish I was a guy is when I have to pee into a cup. It's very difficult to aim our pee and I had just gone pee when I woke up. Luckily, my tiny bladder came in handy and I was able to step up to the plate.

Since I knew I had a wait I wanted to go to admin to get my name situation taken care of. I went to the woman at the window to ask her if she had any idea how long it would take. She did not. I told her why I wanted to know and she offered to take care of it for me. This came as quite a surprise because the 2 or 3 other times I had gone to her window she was not exactly the friendliest lady. But you know what, everytime I talked to her, I was. Always saying thank you, etc so it pays to be nice. So she was able to get my name in the system correctly.

Now all I had to do was wait for my name to be called and wait and wait. After almost two hours of waiting and watching all of these other people getting called I had to go pee again. I just knew they would call my name but I could no longer wait, LOL. The restroom only had one stall so while I waited I peeled off the tape from where they drew my blood. OMG! It hurt sooo bad. I think the tape had fused to my skin. Thank goodness I didn't have hair on my arms, it was painful enough. The top red mark was from where they drew my blood, the rest was from the tape! Where they drew my blood has healed, I still have marks from the tape! Next time I will just hold the cotton gauze on my arm, LOL. And as you can see, no veins!

When I came back they called my name, yay! Now the Dr unlike the nurse was very open to my chit chat. I told her I would bring her one of Karen's books the next time I come, LOL. I had her laughing when I said I didn't need a flu shot because I wouldn't be leaving my house this winter. She laughed because she realized I was serious, LOL. She also got me in the system to go to the women's wellness clinic as well as get set up for a primary care physician. I explained to her how I had called 5 weeks ago and nothing happened. She tsk'd! I knew she was on my side, LOL. After leaving my new best buddy I went to the pharmacy expecting a long ass wait, there were people everywhere. Most were old vets with serious issues, several in wheelchairs and here I was waiting for my prescription to take care of my UTI, LOL. Luckily they were a well oiled machine and I got my pills quickly. So overall, I was there for 4 hours but it was worth it. I don't pay for health insurance so I can't complain and every time I have gone to the VA the quality of care has been excellent.

Rosie, here are the chips Karen gave me. It's all about the oil. I almost opened a new bag tonight (there were 3 in there) but I am trying to practice some self restraint. I ate a banana instead. It wasn't the same, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

5 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

I am glad you got your attention. I am puzzled though. Who doesn't pee when they drink water? That is a new one for me.

Lately my food choses are getting more like what I ate as a child. it is strange but comforting. lots of fruits and veggies. I used to have what I call chips but you call fries cut in the round and cooked. (Had them the first day of kindergarten when I ran away from home rather than go to school)I haven't had chips for a year but last night while watching Johnny Depp in Benny and Joon I made some round chips and cooked them in olive oil. Were they ever good with the katshup!!! Instead of a cake today I am going to make rice pudding with spices and raisins. As I said,Comfort Food!!!


Winter is coming and I am nesting.

Nes said...

LOL. You really had to take that picture didn't you? LOL. It does look icky.

Good that you finally got your check up. Now I hope the antibiotics will help.

Guess what I'm eating right now? LOL. And I popped open a bottle of red.... yum.

Leiha said...

I know, the nurse was reprimanding me for drinking water, I never heard that before, LOL.

I find my menu changing lately too. I think that's why I wanted a crockpot to get comfort food. Home made chips sound fabulous Reny and so does the pudding! Enjoy! Feel free to email m the pudding recipe and I will post it. I hope you have a fabulous birthday!

Nes, I totally posted that picture for you! You called me a wuss, I still have a mark on my arm, so there! Enjoy your jerky and wine, LOL.

Rosie said...

Why doesn't it surprise me that you took a pic at the clinic? LOL. That really looks like it was painful. I never like giving blood because they can never get it on the first try - and they use the baby needles. Aargh! Those chips look yummy. I'm proud that you chose the banana, but it sure doesn't compare to a BBQ chip.

Leiha said...

LOL, I didn't take the pic at the clinic, I took it later on, specifically for my blog readers.

I was strong last night, not as strong today, those chips are yummie, LOL.