Today is a new day!

I spent the morning in bed (big surprise) reading. For some reason I have not been reading as much as I used to. I've been going to be so late and just crashing. So it was nice to lounge around and enjoy a book. By the time I rolled out of bed at noon I decided I was going to walk to Nordstrom's. So I hopped in the shower. After I got out I procrastinated some and did the dishes. Then I procrastinated some more chatting online. Then I procrastinated some more and called and wished Linda a happy birthday and then I procrastinated some more and took a nap and the next thing you know it's dark out, I can't go walking now! Procrastination, thy name is Leiha.

It's a good thing that tomorrow is another day.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

7 Mannions Speak :

NancyB said...

I like that theroy - "Tomorrow is another day!" That might be one of my new phrases, but it doesnt fit with my new favorite phrase "Once chin is enough" :) That was an junk email someone got at work the other day and I love it. The problem is tomorrow is another day is really a story of my life so I get to have a bonus chin... or two.

Nes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nes said...

Apollonian Beef Stew

Apple dumplings and beef stew. A perfect meal for a cold day.

Beef Stew

5 pounds stew beef cut into 1 1/2" cubes
1/2 cup flour
3 beef bouillon cubes, crushed
1/2 tsp pepper
2 cups onions -- sliced
2 garlic cloves -- minced
1/2 cup beef broth
3/4 cup apple juice
2 Tbs vinegar
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp curry

Apple Dumplings

1 cup applesauce
2 eggs, well beaten
2 tsp parsley, chopped
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

Coat meat with mixture of flour, salt and pepper. Combine meat, onion, garlic, beef broth, apple juice, vinegar, thyme and curry in crockpot. Cover and cook on auto 7 hours; or high 4 to 5 hours; or low 8 to 10 hours. Remove cover and place tablespoons of dumpling batter on top of stew. Cover and cook on high for 20 minutes.

To make dumpling batter, blend applesauce with eggs and parsley; add flour, baking powder and salt and beat into egg mixture.
-----------------------


Orange Glazed Chicken

Orange Glazed Chicken
This Oriental inspired recipe is so mouth-watering that you'll be making it twice a week and three times on Sundays.

1 (6-oz) frozen orange juice concentrate
1/2 tsp dried marjoram leaves
6 Tbs orange marmalade or jam
2 tbs cornstarch
6 (6-oz) chicken breast halves
1/4 cup water

Combine thawed orange juice and marjoram in shallow dish. Dip each breast in orange juice mixture, put in the crock pot, pour remaining sauce over breasts. Spread marmalade over breasts evenly. Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. Before serving, remove orange sauce from crock pot. Mix water and cornstarch in the sauce mixture; cook in a pan for about 15-30 minutes, stirring constantly. Serve over chicken. Serves 6.


I tried them both out and love the chicken best. The dumplings looked weird but tasted ok. Don't procrastinate today, cook instead. LOL. MWAH!

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Yeah, tomorrow is another day, hey, the store will always be there, what's the rush?

Those recipes sound really good, I think I'll give the apple dumplings a try *G*

Rosie said...

Oh man, oh man, oh man, I can't wait till this 4-day weekend. I've promised myself that one of the days (not Thanksgiving, of course) I am planning to stay in bed and read and catch up on all of my TiVo'd stuff. Glad you had a relaxing day!!! (((HUGS)))

Nes said...

Oooooh!!!!!!! Happy wedding anniversary, Chez!!! MWAH!!!

Leiha said...

LMAO Nancy! I always wished I had a pointy chin to hide the others underneath! Guess we'll just have to continue to walk with my chin thrust out!

Thanks for the recipes Nes! What are marjoram leaves?

LOL Aimes, let me know how those dumplings turn out.

Rosie, you deserve a day like that! I hope you get the peaceful day to read and relax.

I'm sorry it's hot there Chez, I know how much you hate the heat. But on a positive note, Happy Anniversary! Hope that you're having a fab day and staying cool.