The gals are sleeping

and I'm awake, what is this world coming to? I should be the one still in bed! Oh well, gives me time to catch up on my blog and then I'll probably crawl back in bed and read some. Nancy is snoring in the living room and distracting me. It's understandable though, she took the red eye Thur night to get here and instead of sleeping on her flight, like she should have been, she watched Pirates of the Caribbean 2, which wasn't that good. Not because she couldn't sleep, Nancy has the gift of sleep, just because it was on. Well needless to say, she regretter that decision, LOL.

Thur night I picked up Lina. I had forgotten to go to the liqour store. Well, I did remember earlier in the night but I was curled up in bed reading and ARC (advanced reader's copy) of the new LKH Mistral's Kiss and could not crawl out of bed for booze. I'm not that big of a drinker, LOL. So after Lina and I got home, only 10 minutes later then we should have because I missed my turn (I had never driven to the airport prior to this) we stayed up until 3am chatting anc catching up. Which is funny because we email and talk on the phone but it's not the same as being there. Since we had to get Nancy at 9am we forced ourselves to go to bed, LOL.

We thought it would be a breeze picking up Nancy, the timing was perfect, she called as soon as we were approaching the airport and she was the last one off so her bag was going to be ready to go. Well it would have, if they hadn't lost it! So we drove around while Nancy did her paperwork. Poor Nancy, stuck in clothes she wore all day and flew in! We were going to Karen's booksigning up north so we wanted to get out of Atlanta early so we wouldn't get caught in traffic. So we ran to the liqour store (and grocery store) to stock up for later. Is it a bad sign when the lady at the liqour store remembers you? I'd only been in there twice before but what can I say, I make an impression, LOL.

Nancy had to wear the same slacks after her shower but luckily Lina had made up some Darkfever tshirts for us so Nancy wore a big white t shirt with her grey slacks and black loafers. Good thing I had brown knee highs to lend her, LOL. To make her feel better Lina and I dressed in nice jeans and cute tops, LOL. Then we were off to the Mall of Georgia where theoretically we were going to buy Nancy some clothes but instead we bougt a lot of other stuff. We did go crazy at the end in Old Navy in the sale section. I bought this sweat for $4 and even though we were running late I did have to do a price adjustment because she rang it up as $7, not as much of a steal as $4. It's long and cream and I loved it when I saw it. Unfortunately, the only one I saw was 4x and I just couldn't make it work. Luckily, Nancy found me one my size, cause I really wanted it, LOL. When I saw the time I went running through the store looking for the girls. Here we are taking our time, shopping at Nordstrom's, eating at PF Changs, going back to Norstrom's and finally Old Navy (trying to find Nancy jeans) and next thing you know, we're late! We went from killing time to walking briskly to the car (c'mon, it's me, there's no running). At least we found a top for Nancy so she didn't have to tell everyone we saw the airport lost her luggage, LOL.

We finally made it to the booksigning 20 minutes late but that wasn't our fault, there were downed power lines and traffic was a bear and that was fun. Brenda had come to the signing and of course Neal and Karen were there. I hadn't seen Neal in awhile so it's fun when I get to see him. 2 hours flew by as we chatted with everyone. Afterwards we went to dinner where I had a big fat piece of prime rib and then it was time to come home.

The original plan was to come home, eat cheese and crackers and get drunk and then go to the Waffle House a 3am. Problem was, we were all exhausted so looks like that big bottle of Grey Goose I bought will have to wait until tonight. Today we really have no plans except to enjoy each other and hit a couple of bars. Definitely have to stop at Morton's and have some champagne. That's a tradition started by the lovely Linda.

Here we are at PF Changs. It wasn't all a liquid lunch, too bad, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

YAY! the girls are there with you!
I can imagine the fun conversations y'all are having LOL

Give Hugh hugs to Lina and Nancine for me!

can't wait to hear what you're being up too!

Joanie said...

Hey, so glad you are all there together and having so much fun!

Keep the details coming, and I wish I could be there too...I will one day, so look out!

J xx