Leiha's rants and raves

Leiha has decided to do a new feature whenever Leiha has a few things Leiha wants to rant and rave about, hence the title. Leiha watched last week's Grey's Anatomy and thought it was funny when Alex and Izzy talked about each other in the third person. Leiha thought Leiha should give it a try.

RANT: Leiha had to get her gas turned on. Turned out Leiha did not have a gas meter so she had a meter installed. While setting up that appointment Leiha told the lady what price plan she wanted. Leiha was told that she had to wait until after her meter was installed before Leiha could choose her plan. Leiha gets a letter in the mail saying that she has been signed up for the fixed rate 12 month plan. Leiha was planning on getting her gas turned off in the spring to save money. She is not happy. Leiha calls and has to spend a half an hour getting this changed. Leiha gets ticked because she did what she was told and now she has to check her bill and make sure she does not get a $50 penalty for cancelling the one year plan. On top of that, she wanted to sign up for a special that was going on. Now she has to call back to see about that since she was in the car when she made her call today and had no internet to check.

RANT: Leiha is using her veteran's benefits for her health insurance. Leiha had her information switched over from Oregon as well as recevied a new VA ID card. The new ID card says Leiha Mann. Leiha called to try and set up an appointment the day she signed up for her local VA benefits. She was told that they would mail her info then she would have to call again. 5 weeks later, nothing. Leiha calls today. They do not have her name in the system. She is transeferred to the business center. They look her up by her SSN, she is in the system with her old name. Leiha finds that interesting that she would receive a VA card with her new name. Leiha is not happy. Leiha is then transferred to the clinic to try and get an appointment again (using her old name). Leiha is told she does not have a primar care physician and it will probably take 4 to 6 weeks. Leiha argued that she called 5 weeks ago. Leiha thinks she has a UTI (TMI?) and wants to see someone. They are willing to put her on the list. Leiha is mad. They tell Leiha they will have a nurse call her. The nurse called Leiha within minutes which makes Leiha feel better and after a few questions it was recommended that she go in the next day to the walk in clinic. Leiha is not happy that she has to get up at 6:30am. Leiha wants you to wish her luck in not waiting a long time.

RANT: Leiha wants to know what celebritys owe us. She was reading about accounts of Tom Cruise and Katie's marriage and many many fans in Italy were upset that they did not get to see the wedding after stnding otside in crappy weather for a peak and how dare they not at least wave to the public. City officials were quite upset. Were they upset when they raked in the cash that their wedding brought to their city? People were renting out rooms for thousands of dollars. Businesses were making money hand over fist and people were upset? While Leiha believes the whole relationship is for publicity, she also believes they have the right to as private a wedding as they wish. FYI, TC started spouting off about Scientology after he fired his long time publicist who kept him in check and hired his sister as his publicist who is also a Scientologist. Needless to say, he has since hired a new publicist.

Speaking of celebs, did you hear about former Seinfeld alum Michael Richards (Kramer) who received a lot of press this weeked for spouting off all kinds of racist remarks at a comedy gig in LA? Unfortunately for him, someone videotaped the tirade. He is a serious comedian. He takes his craft seriousely and apparently he was getting heckled and lost his temper. It was not pretty and the fall out has been very public. Should he be held accountable? Yes he should. Just like if someone you worked with acted like that he or she should be held accountable. Seinfeld was on Letterman last night and he used his time to have MR on the show via satellite. Most people thought it was a bit and were chuckling as MR is trying to apologise (rave within a rant) Seinfeld told the audience this is not funny. He also later thanked Letterman for having MR on the show. It's nice to see someone stick by his friend.

RAVE: Leiha does not want this whole post to be a rant. Where would the rave be? Leiha loves potatoe chips. Karen gave Leiha a bag of her favorite chips that are not sold here. They are called Husman's and she had her dad bring them to town. For her to give Leiha a bag is true friendship. They are light and crispy, barbecue flavored. Leiha swears, once you start eating it's almost impossible to stop. They're nice and greasy. Leiha is happy again.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

12 Mannions Speak :

Melissa said...

Ha, welcome to Georgia. Funny, I just ranted all about gas companies in my blog.

Sorry about all the trouble with the VA and insurance (and UTI, owie). Red tape and beauracracy {sp?} all the time.

I think celebs owe the public alot, pretty much everything. If not for the public, they wouldn't have even been able to have such a grand Italian wedding.
Go ahead, TC, ignore your fans, and eventually they'll return the favor!

I would have an opinion on the Kramer thing, but being I'm a southern-american, anything I say goes against me.

PS, I know two other people that use 3rd person when posting on a message board or in their myspace, and they're both pretty much psychopaths, lol.

Bo said...

ROTFL at third person,and I enjoyed your first Rant & Rave segment.*G* You should always do it in third person,it's hilarious!

UTI,yikes!!! I hope you get some good anti-b so it goes away quick-those are so incredibly painful.

I have never been a really big fan of Tom,but lately I find him especially bizarre.Him & Katie together creeps me out-I think she looks like a twelve year old sometimes.I am of the firm opinion that him & Nicole's split was b/c she was turning into a real big star & outshining him and he couldn't stand it.If they are genuinely in love & happy-fine,I wish them well.I guess we'll see in time,huh?

Those chips sound yummy!

Nes said...

Nes thinks Leiha is a bit crazy sometimes. Maybe that has something to do with her UTI right now. Nes hopes that Leiha finally gets treatment for her ailment since Leiha has been suffering from that ailment since Leiha has been Holland.

Nes was actually almost in panick when Leiha didn't mention anything about food halfway through reading Leiha's post.

But all is good in the world again because Leiha mentioned patoto chips. Thank goodness...

Nes signing out.

Rosie said...

Missi, I almost choked when I read your PS. Leiha, I like the change in doing 3rd person. That sucks that you have had so much trouble lately. The Kramer thing is freaking me out, but not as much as the OJ thing. Can you believe the balls on that idiot? I watched Nicole's sister on Today yesterday and my heart just went out to her. I love her courage! I'm glad you still brought food into the blog, chick. But what about a pic of the bag of chips? That would have made it complete. MWAHHHHHHH!!!

Leiha said...

I think there should be a balance between celebs personal and professional persona. Yes, celebs receive obscene amounts of money for what they do but I blame the studios for being that stupid. If a celeb is at a professional event I expect them to be accesable to their fans, if they are at dinner then thy deserve their privacy.

And Leiha says she is not a psychopath, she would know it if she was.

Thanks Bo, Leiha thinks she will do her rants and raves in third person if her fans enjoy it:) Luckily, it's a mild UTI, I just thought it was time to get it taken care of. I totally think Nicole blossomed without Tom. He has handled everything since their divorce horribly, I think.

Nes, Leiha doesn't always talk about food, well not on purpose, LOL. I am on anti-biotics now so all is good.

Rosie, thanks for reminding me about the OJ ting. That was beyond tasteless. I hope they fire whoever came up with that brilliant idea. At least they're not going to publish the book any longer. I just think OJ is a horrible person and have no interest in anything he has to say but you know there would have been people to who bought the book and watched the special.

Melissa said...

They said the show was already made and the books already shipped out. They cancelled the show, and are having the books returned to be destroyed, but you watch, dollars to donuts, some of them will end up on ebay, selling at obscene amounts of money. Some people are ghouls.

I thought that wedding was a celebrity event.

I don't even watch tv, and yet I know they were married in a castle in Italy, Tom's Mom went shopping, Kate's dress was designed by Armani, both her parents walked her down the isle after they nearly didn't even come to start with.
I think they said baby Sushi was wearing Armani too, or maybe they were joking.

A secret, private ceremony at an unnamed location would have been a private event...if the media found out by leak, then it would have been an intrusion.

Leiha said...

I just saw an article on yahoo, those books are selling for $1200! I can't believe people are buying them!

You may know all of te details about the Cruise/Holmes wedding but they didn't come from the couple. Don't get me wrong, TC is a media whore and I am sure things could have been kept more quiet but if they want to get married in Italy or get married in a hut in Afirca, they don't owe it to me to share it. The paparazzi gave us all of those details.

Anonymous said...

Hey, McHottie!!

How's my ranting & raving, red-heeled, crimsom-lipped goddess doing????? I'll have to give you a ring in a few days. I'm at my in-laws and my cell phone batteries are DEAD.

Hubby says "Hi, McHottie."

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Gotta get going, my mimosa is getting warm.

Su

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add...

I LOVE YOUR FOOD PICTURES AND STORIES. NEVER EVER STOP!!!!

I'll be sending pictures of my feasts as soon as I can. :)

<Burp>
Su

Anonymous said...

http://cgi.ebay.com/IF-I-DID-IT-OJ-SIMPSONS-CONFESSION-BOOK_W0QQitemZ200050875873QQihZ010QQcategoryZ378QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This one is going for $65,300.00, and has two days left on the auction.

I don't think I even meant THAT obscene.

Leiha said...

Su, you do know how to kiss up, LOL. Nancy told me you called HER! I hope that you have a great time in WA and I know you will eat for me tomorrow and Friday. I know I will soon be McFattie but I'll make sure to document it for you! Tell Mr Married to McSexy I said Hi!

For that kind of money they could have OJ recite the damn book to them. How ridiculous!

NancyB said...

Nancy loves Leihas rants, she thinks that if you keep it up soon you should be able to use the royal WE.
Nancy says 1)keep up the rants and raves and 2)Nancy likes the 3rd person.

Nancy tries not to watch the TomCat wedding information because she believes it is mostly hype, but she cant help herself. You know me... I have to know. I agree celebs owe a lot to their fans, but not their entire existance. They should be able to walk into their driveway without being jumped by a bunch of paperiatzi.