I made it to Nordy's today...

but the only walking I did was from the parking lot to the store, LOL. Dao and I went to lunch. We had vietnamese food. I was going to take a picture to share with you all but I forgot my camera, I know, shocking! I won't let that happen again. But I don't want to let you down so here is a pic of a vermicelli dish (bun) which is probably my favorite dish. I usually order this one time and the pho (beef soup) the next. When my sister and I go out to eat we usually split a soup and each order the vermicelli, LOL.I prefer the pork and shrimp and I usually get it without the peanuts. A side of fish sauce is poured over it and then you mix it all together and it's yummie for the tummy. A word of warning though, bring mints, LOL. Fish sauce is yummie while you're eating but once you're done, you may want to pop some gum in your mouth. Another plus about Vietnamese food is, it's inexpensive. This dish averages anywhere between $5 and $7 dollars.

The girls who came to my house in March had the joy of eating some home made eggrolls. Vietnamese egg rolls are not the same as the chinese ones you're used to eating. My sister and I can't even stomach those. Our eggrolls are filled with pork and shrimp, not cabbage! Whenever we had company my mom would walk right into the kitchen and whip up some eggrolls the way someone else would fix them a drink, LOL. As you know, I don't do that, I offer drinks. As I did in March, my sister actually made the egg rolls we ate and Su did the cooking but hey, I bought the supplies, well, I gave my sis the money to buy it with (or did I?). I do know how to make egg rolls and maybe one day I will make them, if the motivation is strong enough. Vietnamese restaurants are becoming more popular so if you get a chance to order some, you should. They're usually served with fish sauce (of course) and lettuce and cucumber that you wrap it in. We didn't do this when we were kids but the coolness of the lettuce balances out the hotness (not spicy) of the fresh out of the frying pan egg roll. So if you get a chance check out your local Vietnamese restaurant. Nes' ordered me some food from her local V restaurant when I was there, turns out it was Indonesian. So maybe when she comes to the states I'll take her for some real Vietnamese!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

10 Mannions Speak :

Nes said...

Nooooooo..... I ordered Indonesian food from a place owned by a Vietnamese woman. What we ate was indeed Indonesian and Suriname food. We had Roti (suriname) the one with pancake and chicken and the other was Indonesian; Ajam Pedis (spicy chicken) and different kinds of veggies etc.

I still know what we ordered. How? Because that's my usual order. LOL.

Leiha said...

Well you need to talk to the owner and have her hook you up with some authentic Vietnamese. Try the bun (pronounced boon). It's light and delicious.

Chez, I didn't plan to make my blog a food blog, it just happened, LOL. I must share my love of food.

Rosie said...

Mmm, I love Vietnamese food. In fact the last time we went, I had the bun dish and wanted more. LOL. And I love the Vietnamese eggrolls way better than the regular ones. Thanks for sharing your food adventures!!!

NancyB said...

That vermichelli looked so yummy my tummy is growling. I would run out and get some tonight for dinner, but even though vietnamese is cheep, my meager budget just wont allow. It is Fruity Pebbles and balogna for me... Till friday when I go to the Herb Farm! Yummie - All my favoirtes and then a trip with the girls to an incredible night out.

Sandy said...

Thanks for the pictures, now I'm really hungry. :(

Melissa said...

Hm, I haven't ate all day. Some foreign food sounds pretty good about now...I think I'll call Pizza Hut.

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I haven't eaten yet today either, now I'm famished.
Leiha's blog is the cure for starving yourself that's for sure LOL! Everytime I leave it I'm hungry...

Leiha said...

Rosie, I'm glad that you are still eating Vitnamese food without me there to guide you, LOL.

Nancy, you forgot a major meal there, how about Thurday Thanksgiving??? You will not only feast but you can bring leftovers for when you come home from the Herb Farm.

Sandy, I hope you found something yummie to eat.

LMAO@ Missi! I am glad you went exotic!

Aimee, I can't wait for you to experience some Korean and Vietnamese food!

Gennita said...

I want to eat some Buun Boh Hue! I love Buun Boh Hue.

Nes, you got to try some Roti Canai in a MALAYSIAN restaurant. And order nasi lemak. Malaysian food and Indonesian food have the same roots.

Signed,
HUNGRYGIRL

Nes said...

Gen, I've tried Malaysian food and love it!! We used to live in Singapore so I got the best of all words wrt food. LOL.

LOL! I just had lunch (a tuna sammich), good thing too because Leiha's food blog always makes me hungry.