Sunday, Sunday

Since we had a lazy day on Saturday we didn't get to the market like we needed to so I dragged my butt out of bed to take Lina to Krogers but you know I wasn't going to let Nancy off scott free. She had to get up to clean the kitchen so Lina could have a clean workspace. In return we brought her back coffee. Lina being the organized gal she is actually had a shopping list, I cannot even remember the last time I had a grocery list. It made a difference, LOL.

Then we rushed home to do prep work for dinner. OK, Lina did most of the prep work but I minced garlic and Nancy chopped mushrooms. While we were doing those oh so important jobs Lina was tossing together her vegetables, roasting bell peppers and breading her chicken parmegan. Since I had carried such a heavy load I decided I needed a break and put together the playlist on my ipod for our road trip. Once we all got cleaned up it was time to hit the road. We were hanging at Karen's house.

Let me say, road trips are much more fun when you're with people! We sang, laughed, talked, told stories, things we do when we're sitting around my living room in our pjs. As a word of warning though, it's not good as a driver to hold hands and sway while singing to Bette Midler, it's hard not to sway the car also. We even stopped for some snacks, of course we were almost there by that time but anytime is a good time for road food, LOL. Lina's road food is so much better then my road food. Instead of funions and beef jerkey we had croissants with a slice of cheese and sliced apples and I was a happy camper!

Hanging out at Karen's is like hanging out at my house except we didn't have our pjs on. We all sat around talking up a storm. We sat in the reading room talking. We were in the basement talking, we sat in the living room talking and let's not forget the dining room and kitchen! OK, no sitting in the kitchen (which is why I only went in there for food, LOL).

I'm sorry Su, I didnt' take pictures of the food but Lina made us two apps, a roasted vegetable dish with roasted bell peppers, raw mushrooms that marinate in the dressing, black olives, pine nuts and cranberries which we eat over sliced bread and a caprese salad (mozzarella, tomatoes and fresh basil). Then we sat around talking some more until dinner which was chicken parmegan, a spinach salad and spaghetti. I ate until I hurt. I really wanted seconds but had no room. Well no room for dinner because there was a pumpkin pecan spice bread with a cream cheese frosting that Karen made. So now I really hurt but that is ok.

I seated myself on their comfy chair and Karen put a throw over me and I was done for the night. I didn't fall asleep, I was just listening with my eyes closed, LOL. Nancy drove us home cause I was tired (plus I'm sure she was dying to check out the power of my Hyundai) but when we left I got a bit nervous. Karen lives up this big windy hill and Nancy was having fun driving it as fast as she could in the dark! Next time, I'll drive us home!

Since Lina had to leave early this morning we went to bed at a decent hour, midnight. Dang, these weekends go by too fast!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

4 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

What fun! The food sounds absolutely delish! But the company is always better.

Joanie said...

Sounds like great fun. I am so glad I wasn't driving you...I hate peeling passengers off the ceiling and long winding roads are my speciality, though I prefer going up!

Seriously, I am so glad you had an amazing weekend. Girlfriends are the best ah? Oh, and can we get Lina near a kitchen when she gets to Australia? That food sounded delicious.

J xx

Rosie said...

Mmm, the chicken parm sounds so yummy, as do the apps. What a fun day to have with good friends. Glad you gals had loads of fun!!

Leiha said...

The company is always best!

I drove up the hill (and Nancy made me slow down, hmph!).

hey Rosie, we need to get you in a chat!

Chez, Karen would not leave Lina alone for good reason, LOL. I'm sure you can convince Lina to cook for you when we invade, LOL.

Lina, we're a friendship made in heaven!