Goodbye 2006, Hello 2007!!!

2006 was an interesting year to say the least. This year has really been a roller coaster for me with some of my highest highs and lowest lows. I started the year prepared to put my life on hold for a couple of years and I ended it with a whole new life. I think what I will remember the most about this year was how much my friendships deepened. People who I thought were my friends before 2006 became trusted confidants. I honestly don't know how I would have gotten through some of the things if not for my friends.

I am a military child who also spent most of my adult life moving, even living in LA for 8 years I moved every year or two so a lot of my friends are transitional, friends of convenience. I learned to not get too close or expect too much from my friends. I just enjoyed them when they were around. Yet this year I felt a deepening of many relationships which I already enjoyed and were already lifelong friendships. I really am lucky because I know that I could call any of you reading this and cry on your shoulders if I need to. It's not something I'm comfortable doing and I don't do it often but yet I know when things get tough I can. That's what matters. When things are bad I know my friends will be there but it's more fun to share the good things. For me, all of the good things that happen are better when I get to share them with you. I can imagine various reactions (eyeball rolling, gagging, coffee spewing, LOL) and it doubles the fun for me.

2006 was the year of the friend, or rather the year of many friends and I look forward to ringing 2007 in with some of you. I hope that 2007 brings you much happiness. I love you!I had a great time tonight gals! Thanks to all who played, Chez, Rosie, Lina, Nes, Aimee, Pamela and Jennie! Almost everyone had a webcam which made it even more fun. I think Aims' daughter is traumatized, ok, she's not, I think Aimee is, LOL. I had a fabulous New Year's eve with you all, it's almost 3am and I'm going to crash! See you in 2007!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

14 Mannions Speak :

Nes said...

It was great gabbing with you gals!! And I'm glad I get to celebrate NYE State side. It was a blast!

I wholeheartedly agree to your toast! TO FRIENDSHIPS!!!!

MWAH! Love you chick!

Aimee Elizabeth said...

The chat was a BLAST!!
Everyone was at their finest!...erm...*cough* LMFAO!!!!!!
I had a great time, but yeah, I may be traumatized for life, I have a deep seated fear that I will never be the same again, after the things I was forced to witness? I can see them when I close my eyes! *snort*
And my poor innocent child? She still hasn't come out from under the bed!
I love you chic, and like I toasted last night,
"Here's to all of us, together and hotter than &*$@*$%@^% in 2007!"
MWAH!!!!

Jennifer said...

I wasn't here to "follow" all your adventures this year, but better late than never, I say! Your blog (and friends commenting) appealed to me because it was plain to see how much you all cared about each other. What a great group of...groupies? you have! LOL

I wish I could have stayed on longer last night, but with the unexpected (but welcome) company, baby puke, clean up, etc., I was at my limit. I'm starting to think I'm a lightweight after all *sigh*

Happy New Year Chick, and I can't wait to see what you and Su get into!

Anonymous said...

I'm so bummed I missed it! Of course, I don't have the right program, and I went out with my hubby, but I'm still bummed!

Our night was OK. There were 3 bands who played. We only heard the first play a few songs, the second band rocked, and the third (the headliner) was kind of disappointing. It's pretty huge that Tim and I would leave during a set (and I took a nap, so sleep was not the issue)!

We were late getting to hear the first band because it was raining hard (like Noah's Ark hard!) and we had a freaking river in our house! Tim had to climb up on the roof and see what the problem was. This was after he attacked the drywall and put a bucket under the river. Thank goodness it's near the garage and not in an area we are in much. I prefer to think this was a 2006 problem and not a way to start the New Year!

Happy New Year everyone!

Gennita said...

Happy New Year to you, sweetie, and you know you can call me anytime, food or no food, drink or no drink...okay, strike that last option, LOL.

2007 is going to be awesome, chick!

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

What is MAINE vodka?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Leiha said...

Thanks for staying up to play with us Nes. I can't believe you looked so fab at 5am, you bitch! If I didn't love you so much I would hate you, LOL.

I can't believe you had your 15 year old, I have to say, considering the circumstances we were pretty well behaved, well, til the end of the night, LOL.

Tomorrow begins the process of getting hotter and hopefully before you know it we'll be together! Mwah!!!!!

Jennie, I look forward to our relationship growing. The funny thing about the groupies is we're each others, LOL. So I guess being a groupie isn't too bad. I do have a great group of friends and I now consider you one of them!

Thanks for popping in last night. We'll have to have another chat soon minus the baby vomit, LOL.

Karen, the flood was definitely part of 2006! I can't believe you left during the main setm that must have been bad. Well at least you were able to get out of the house for a bit.

Jenna, I totally know I can call on you and don't worry, you know with me, either food or drink will be involved, LOL.

Lina, I was ecstatic that you could join us last night! Usually NYE plans are anti-climatic but not last night. Spending it with my girlfriends was a blast! LIke I know I can lean on you anytime you know you can lean on me! I love you!

Yeah, I think I need to try this vodka now but I think I was getting everything confused, i told someone it was $75 but I think that's the other one. I am so confused, LOL. Karen, Lina was drinking this vodka from Maine that someone gave her and she has high vodka standards. I think it cost $45 a bottle. I think it's called Maine vodka but am not for sure, LOL.

Rosie said...

I agree, we need to do that more often. I had such a fun time "seeing" all of you again. I love you, my friends. Happy 2007. XOXOXOXOXO

Leiha said...

Rosie, I'm amazed your boys let you play for so long! It ws great seeing you again chick! Mwah!

Rosie said...

Hey sweetie, I loved chatting with you and the girls last night. What a great way to spend NYE!!! Of course, the fam was a bit put out since I ignored them for like 3 hours. LMAO. But it was worth it to spend with my friends! Love ya, chica!!! Happy new year!!

Chez said...

I loved actually "seeing" you all live yesterday. Of course maybe after looking at you all I should be thankful for the blurry webcam LOL. Sorry I didn't get back before you all clocked off, but we had unexpected visitors (it's definitely the time of year for it). Can't wait to catch up again soon. Happy New Year.

Leiha said...

Just let your fam know that a Rosie with girlfriends is a happy rosie and a happy rosie means a happier household, LOL.

Chez, I thought that your teatime was taking a long time, LOL. But it's always fun to have pop in visitors. As for the webcam, I wish mine wasn't so close to my very large head but oh well, it's worth it to see everyone else, even if you are a tad bit blurry, LOL.

Nes said...

L, you've seen me look like shit, so shuddup. LOL! I'm proud to say I was totally sober that night. LOL.

Leiha said...

True that, I've seen you looking like shit at 5pm, LMAO!