Nancy the whiner...

So for months and months Nancy has been whining about the fact that she wanted an ipod but couldn't afford one. Everyone she knows has one, shoot some people have two and even my nephew has a shuffle. So since I didn't get her a birthday present and she gifted me with my bookcases for my birthday (as you can see, I'm not great on the birthday presents, LOL) and I'm now employed I decided to get her a nano for Xmas. I know, one for my brother, one for Nancy, am I made of money? Hell no! I shopped on Apple's website and bought refurbished ipods. I wish I would have known they sold refurbished macs before I bought my new laptop, d'oh! Anyway, I thought for some reason when Nancy received her pkg she would know right away what it was since I was ordering off of the Apple website but apparently it wasn't marked as such.

I had given her the opportunity to open it early but she wanted to wait until I got my gift from her. Something to motivate her to mail it (not one of her strong suits). Everyday she would ask if I had received my gift, and everyday I would tell her no. On the day she thought for sure it would be there she actually brought her gift to work (it was taunting her at home) so she could open it there. My pkg did come in that day. Of course I had to taunt her but she called almost as soon as I emailed her. The funny thing is she didn't get my email. I made her wait as I talked a little bit and then I made her wait while I opened my present (a waterproof speaker for my nano). Since she knows I am not much of a swimmer this was surprising but she wanted something for US to use while on vacation, LOL.

Finally I let her open her present and she was extremely surprised and happy with her gift. Now here comes the funny part. A couple of days later I asked her if she had told her parents what I got for her and she said no. I told her I bet they got you an ipod, remember the whining, LOL. So Xmas eve I told her to tell her mom what I got her and watch her reaction but Nancy decided to play it safe and not tell her. Too bad her mom decided to ask, LOL. Because I had planted the seed she watched her mom's face and there was a flicker. So the next morning Nancy opens her present and her mom is like, it's not as cool but her mom had gotten her an 8 gig RED nano. Way cooler then the black 4 gig I got her, LOL. All of a sudden Nancy the whiner goes from no ipods to two! But it works out in my favor because MY nano is 1 gig so I'm taking the one I bought for Nancy and giving her my old one (it's only a few months old) so she can sell it to her brother and buy herself a new present, it's a win win situation for both of us.

And how does Nancy repay me? Well I sent her parents a Xmas card and they commented on the fact that it looked like I had lost a lot of weight quickly and they were worried. Dang, I love them, LOL. So what does Nancy do? She proceeds to argue with them and tell them the secrets behind my self portraits! So what if it takes 30 pictures to get one where my face looks thin, LOL. She showed off the chin tilt and everything, although her dad did point out my chin was pointed down, not up, ha ha! That girl had to go and burst my skinny bubble damn her! I'll have to put some serious thought into what I'm getting her next year, or not!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

8 Mannions Speak :

Nes said...

OMFG!! I was laughing so hard when I was reading this!! Too funny! I can just picture her sitting there trying not to react while opening her present in front of her parents!

Well Nanner, it won't win you an Oscar that's for sure.

Oh, she outted your secret?!? LMFAO!!!! However I'm suprised her parents didn't know about your selfportraits yet..

I don't have an Ipod... hint.. hint..hint... ;)

Leiha said...

LOL, yeah, Nancy had to make a very big point of telling her mom how much better her present was and even told her while we were talking how much better I thought it was (they didn't have the red color when I bought mine).

Nancy has an extremely expressive face so yeah, no Oscar in her future, LOL.

As for my self portraits, not EVERYBODY knows my secret. Just those who read my blog (so almost everybody, LOL).

Good thing you just bought a new MMP3 player, LOL.

Nes said...

Hmph!!! LOL!

BTW, when I was reading your blog early on this morning, I misread the title. I thought it was Nancy the Winner.... by getting two Ipods. LMAO!

NancyB said...

If you had seen my moms face you would have been saying hers was better even if it was ass. She said she was so excited to get it for me and when she found out I had one it really ruined the suprise. I felt bad for her. (but happy for me)

My brother got a new computer and my mom kept going on and on about how the big computer and the tiny ipod cost the same. It really blew her mind. I will have to be VERY careful not to loose it... Now I just have to find the time to load songs on it.

I am lucky to have people who care enough to get me just what I want!

Leiha said...

Nope, it's most definitely Nancy the WHINER, LOL.
As for the ipod, I remember trying to extoll it's virtues to you while I was there and you had no interest, yours was just as good, remember?

Nancy, I hope what you want next year is some coal! Spoiled brat!

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I don't have an Ipod either! Sheesh, I'm getting behind for being a techno-geek LOL! I need to practice my whining technique apparently *snort*

Poor Nancine, all the stress of receiving her gifts, she'll probably never be the same :P
I'm sure that explains her spilling her guts about the picture taking secrets, she was fighting her fear of duplicity.

Or something... I'm only on cup 2 of coffee, wtf do I know LOL!

Rosie said...

Hmm, okay, so I don't have an ipod either. We must be doing something wrong. And I didn't know that Apple sold refurbished stuff. Now I'm going to have to check it out since I want a notebook. I would have loved to witness Nanner's face during that whole gift exchange scene. LMAO!!! I love the whole self-portrait story, chick. That's so cute that they were worried that you were wasting away to nothing down there in Atlanta. LOL.

Leiha said...

Aimee, you can always borrow your daughter's ipod while she's at school, LOL.

Unfortunately, Nancy does not have that excuse. She busted me days BEFORE Christmas, hmph!

Rosie, I seriousely wish I would have known that before I bought mine new. Definitely check it out!