For someone who cooks as little as I do...

I certainly love to share the recipes, LOL. I mean, I went grocery shopping tonight and I bought 6 boxes of soup (Campbells select, yummie), cereal, fruit and cottage cheese, nothing more involved then pouring into a bowl, LOL. Yet, I have another recipe for you. I actually got this recipe from Barb a couple of years ago. It's super simple to make and it has such a nice sugar and salt combo that everyone will enjoy.

Mich likes to call this recipe Leiha's Candy, it works for me, LOL.

1/2 lb butter
1 cup brown sugar
54 Keebler soda crackers
Chocolate chips
Pecans or walnuts, chopped (optional)

Line a large cookie sheet w/foil, wrapping around the edges. Butter foil. Line crackers to edge. Melt butter and brown sugar until boils for one minute--stirring constantly.

Pour over crackers evenly. Bake 350 for 6-7 minutes until mixture bubbles.

Sprinkle w/ chocolate chips & spread melted chocolate over crackers like icing. Sprinkle with crushed nuts. Cool & then break apart & EAT! Super simple, super yummie!

BTW, I debated whether to do Xmas cards this year but while I was out and about I saw the perfect card for me so I will be sending one out. If I don't have your address and you would like one of my infamous Xmas cards I will add you to the list. Rosie, I know I need your new address, I haven't copied anything over from the cards you sent me, sorry. I promise to make this year's card PG-13 instead of R, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

5 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I don't cook, that's what I have a DH for. If he isn't home, he either..
A. cooks a lot of something and freezes it in Aimee sized portions.
B. Stockes the cupboards with food that's ready in 5 minutes or less.
(OR, my personal favorite)
C. Leaves a cocked & loaded credit card for all the take out & orders in :D

I can't wait to see the Christmas card Leiha!

Anonymous said...

I would love a Christmas card, as long as you don't mind not getting one from me! Tim lost his job a month ago (damn the auto industry!) so I've had to cut back on some things.

Leiha said...

LOL, wish I had a hubby that cooked but if I had a hubby that worked and let me stay home I guess I could make more of an effort:)

Karen, of course you're getting a card, I have your address! If someone I don't have an address for, such as Jennie or Karrie then I need their addresses but you don't get a choice, LOL. I'm sorry to hear Tim lost his job. I'll send positive job getting vibes his way. Guess he's going to have to concentrate on becoming a rock star, LOL.

Rosie said...

Mmm, quick, easy, and yummy. That's the makings of a great recipe. Thanks!!! I can't wait to see this year's creation from you sweetie. How can you ever out-do last year's?

Leiha said...

LOL, I don't know if I can but I cerainly will try Rosie!