I haven't talked about food in awhile

and I know you all love reading my culinary adventures, LOL. There's this fast food chain called chik-fil-A here. Dao keeps telling me that they have great shakes but everytime we talk about it it's on a Sunday and they're closed then, very frustrating since I love me some ice cream. Finally a couple of weeks ago I was at the mall and they had a chik-fil-A there and I thought, yes, I'll eat there and get my shake! So I wait in line, ugh, and when I get to the front to order a chicken sandwhich and a shake all they have is the chicken sandwhich! Their milkshake machine was broken, major bummer but then I thought I'll just go next door to Johnny Rockets because I love their shakes. So I get my soggy chicken sandwhich and walked over to Johnny's and they had a long line so no shake for me!

Today while Karen and I were out and about we needed a snack and Karen suggested Chik, I thought, hell yeah, I finally get my milkshake! I didn't get anything else since I had a vietnamese sub at home waiting for me. I got the cookies and cream shake. In the pictures there is whipped cream on top, in reality, there is not only whipped cream but a cherry on top! I knew I was going to enjoy this shake and boy did I. It was so yummie, chunks of ice cream, chunks of cookies and whipped cream also! I was in heaven! If I would have had a camera I would have taken a picture for you instead you will just have to picture it yourself.

Tonight I decided to go to eat at this sushi place that has dollar sushi specials on mon and tue. Not the best ever sushi but not bad for the price. Here's the problem. I still ended up spending $24 on sushi! How in the world? I have expensive tastes when it comes to food. I ordered a couple of things off of the special menu and then everything else I pay full price for, that's how they get you! But I have eaten there a couple of times so next time I go, I have a plan. I know I'd rather hve the raw versus the deep fried and the sashimi platter over the sushi pieces. So I figure the previous trips were scouting expeditions and my next trip there will be a wonderful culinary adventure. OK, maybe no wonderful but under $20!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

10 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

I'm envious of your cookies and cream milkshake! Sounds yummy. Next time have one for me :)

zinreads said...

Forget the shakes, Chik-fil-A lemonade rocks! I can't believe you ate the sandwhich -- they put pickles on them and I can't stand that. Funny really, because I love pickles (including fried - yummie)in any other context - just not on my chicken sandwhich.

The nuggets aren't bad, but the real draw for me is the Lemonade.

Ann

Chez said...

Yeah Food. I reckon you can keep the soggy sandwich, but the shake sounds great. I'm not a fan of sushi (I know this sounds like admitting to being a Trekkie or something on the geek scale, but it's true)however, I love and adore Japanese Tepanyaki style food. lovelovelovelove it. In fact the thing I craved most whilst pregnant was Japanese fried rice and steak with that brown dipping sauce that I can't think of the name of at the moment.

Leiha said...

Hey Sara, I'm so glad you posted! This calls for a milkshake, LOL.

Good to know about the lemonade chick. I am a fan of lemonade but it's usually crappy. I usually dilute it with Sprite or 7up.

What?!?! You don't like sushi? I cannot relate, LOL. I never really eat Japanese food other then sushi. I've had teryaki and sang the song sukiyaki, does that count?

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I'm not a huge milkshake fan *ducks* But I'm right there with you for the sushi! I think it would be totally impossible for me to get out of there for $24, I love me my sushi, and I can put it away too LOL!

Leiha said...

Aimee, no milkshakes?!?! I cannot relate. Do you like ice cream? It's one of my favorite things, fyi, LOL. are you lactose intolerant? I know someone who is and still enjoys ice cream, just in small doses, LOL. I'd like to see you put away some sushi chick!

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I'm not lactose intolerant LOL!
I do enjoy one on occasion, but it's not on the top 50 list, ice cream MIGHT be, but would be like number 48 LOL

We will definately do the sushi thing someday, I'm betting I can eat more than you *G*

Leiha said...

Aimee, have you not read my blog? There's no way you can eat more sushi then me! We'll have to have a food eating contest, LOL.

I don't eat milkshakes often but it's more because of calories then anything else. If I could have some form of ice cream every day I would.

Bo said...

You know,the first thing I thought of when I read "Chik-fil-A" was Cian jerking Jessi's chain in said restaurant. *VBG* One of my fave scenes in Spell!

A soggy chicken sandwich,though-blech! One thing I hate is getting a chicken sandwich at a fast food joint where they have nuked the thing w/ the lettuce on it-grosses me out & I can't eat it! *ewwww*
That milkshake sounds SOOO good,though-I love a good milkshake or choc. malt.

I know,I've been AWOL from blogworld for a while,I cannot even begin to catch up with everyone's daily (mis)adventures *G* but I have missed your smiling face,so I have to tell you-I love the Santa hat pic,it is too cute!

Bo did get to read Leiha's rant about women drivers the other day & laughed so hard she almost peed her pants.Bo has had more road rage than usual lately so she could relate. *G*

I still haven't really tried sushi,unless you count the crap I picked up at the grocery store one night while in a daring mood,LOL.needless to say,it was NOT good,LOL.I did take my Mom out to Red Lobster for her b-day the other day & pigged out on Rock lobster tail,I could eat that forever! *G*

Leiha said...

Bo, I don't remember that scene, obviousely it's time for a re-read. Yeah, I could tell my sandwhich had been sitting there for awhile so that was not good and I'm with you on the soggy lettuce. I tried malts but turns out I like the shakes better.

I did notice you missing from my board, it's good to see you back and I'm glad that you like my new pic, you so know I needed a Xmas pic for my blog, LOL.

I was wondering if you were going to respond to my women's driver rant. Notice i didn't make a comment about your driving but if you would have commented, well, that would have been a different story, LOL.

Girl, Su and I talked about Bally's again today. Still one of my most favorite meals ever!