The good news is...

I went shopping today, the bad news is, I only picked up something for myself. I did mildy contemplate picking something up for someone else but it just didn't happen, LOL. I saw a commercial for the Parisian, a department store I had never heard of before I moved here but it's one of the ones that is down the street from me. I've not had the inclination to go there yet, because even though my blogs don't sound like it, I really don't go shopping all that much, LOL. The Parisian was having doorbuster sales which means I had to be there before 1pm to get what I really wanted. Waking up in the morning is not a problem, moving is, LOL. But not only did I get out of the house by 12:30 (I like to cut it close) I vacuumed before I left. What is the deal with vacuuming? It's not difficult, the vacuum does all of the work, we just guide it yet I put off vacuuming until my floors scream. I don't know why, I just do.

Anyway, I was going to the P to buy some boots. I really didn't think I had a shoe fetish but maybe I do. I will have to think about that. I wish my calves were smaller so I could wear more boots but maybe it's better for my bank account that I can't fit most boots out there because there are some superfabulous boots available. What I am really in the market for are some furry warm boots but that I can just throw over my fat calves and go but so far, no luck. Although I did see some Uggs today that laced so there was a better chance of me fitting them but then I was like, I'm trying to go to Australia in the fall, shouldn't I wait for then to buy Uggs? So the search for my mukluks continues, LOL. My search for $80 boots for $30 on the other hand, well that search will never end because no matter how many boots one has you can't pass up an opportunity like this which is why I dragged my lazy butt out (the whole 1 mile, yes I drove, I was on a time crunch, plus I also went to the post office, that's right, pretty ambitious of me). If I can fit a boot on it's pretty much guaranteed I will buy it (I did once pass on red boots that fit, they unfortunately didn't look good and I LOVE red shoes) and not only could I fit these, they were comfortable too. Yes, I already have black boots but these have a different heel, a more pointy toe and a little more design to it and hey, they cost $30, woot woot!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Retail therapy in any form is a good thing!
Chic, I have trouble getting my calves (cows?) into some boots too, pisses me off when I find a pair I love, and I'd have to buy them 2 sizes too large to be able to get them zipped up, I always feel like WTF?!
I LOVE the ones you got! I want to find something like that for me, I got a really cute pair not too long ago, but they aren't as high.
Excellent score at that price!
And EWWWW for having to brave the post office on a Saturday! (((HUGS))) for the trauma!

Leiha said...

LOL, I've never thought of buying larger boots to try to get my legs into them, good to know. Good luck on the boot search, you know I feel your pain. Thanks for empathizing with me on the post office. I could have waited til Mon but my place looked so cluttered I just wanted to get them mailed and that means on Mon, I don't have to go, woo hoo.

Rosie said...

I love those boots, chick. And of course you had to buy them. Aimee, that's a great idea about getting boots larger to fit. I have cows at the bottom of my legs too. LOL. Hence I have NEVER even tried boots on. Now I may have to. Thanks for the hint!

Melissa said...

Loverly boots Leiha, great deal on them too.

Leiha said...

Rosie, you should definitely treat yourself to some boots, now that we know the trick, LOL.

Thank you Missi!

Leiha said...

Hey PC, if I find a good sale, I'm all about shopping but usually I go to the mall or a store for a specific item so I try not to dawdle too long. Shopping is exhausting, LOL.

And you know I'm all about Xmas eating, New year's eating, St Patty's day eating, well you get the picture, LOL. Have fun baking with your son.